Minor/Repaint: Animated Motormaster

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by CZ Hazard, Dec 8, 2009.

1. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    Animated Motormaster Better pics

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Colours as seen in the Animated Allspark Almanac.
    This was made from an oversize KO Voyager Optimus Prime, as such he has a few inches on the legit Voyager Prime which I like, as it makes him stand out more on my shelf.
    I'm a sucker for a black and purple TF, so as soon as I saw the design I knew I had to build this one. A couple of problems making this one, I couldn't recolour the windshield so I had to throw that out and cut some panels to size using an old CD case which I then coloured with a sharpie. Not completely happy with the sharpie finish. I also toyed with putting lights in the holes just above his grill, and although I found a circuitry set which would have been perfect for the lights, there was no-where on here I could store a 9v battery, so that plan was aborted.
    A piece of plastic broke during re-assembly which is the problem with using KO' for kitbashing, and although he can transform I am limiting the amount of transformations he goes through, and due to problems with the original mold the head doesn't fold away properly, so this guy is destined to live in robot mode in perpetuity I'm afraid.
    Let me know what you think. I've included a few WIP shots if anyone cares for them.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/attac....php?attachmentid=27132567&stc=1&d=1260280435

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/attachment.php?attachmentid=27132568&stc=1&d=1260280435

Attached Files:

2. warriorpriest

warriorpriest Priest of Primus

News Credits:
    looks good. have you thought about using clear paints for the windows instead of sharpie?

3. CZ Hazard

News Credits:
    I tried, couldn't find a purple so the guy in the shop suggested I used a blue and red to mix a purple, instead it became a horrible messy brown smear no matter how I changed the mix. Might check out art shops and see if I can find a purple acetate sheet or something.
    I find sharpie very useful for small surfaces, but the finish is no good on anything over a centimeter square.

4. Big_Daddy

Big_Daddy The. Balls. Will. Touch.<br><b><font color=blue>Bi

News Credits:
    You could sand down the mouth to remove the smile, and then do your own mouth, or a nasty frown.

5. StarSaber79

StarSaber79 Banned

News Credits:
    This looks very awesome!!! I really like his colour scheme but not the mold it self.

6. CZ Hazard

News Credits:
    I like the mold, but only as a robot, the vehicle mode does nothing for me at all. If I hadn't found a knock-off with the extra height on prime I wouldn't have bothered with this, but I'm happy with it.

7. katch26

katch26 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    the window comes blue so couldnt you spray it with red tint spray to get purple?

8. CZ Hazard

News Credits:
    I tried that and it didn't work, I mean it did, but it was such a dark purple that you couldn't see through it once it was put on the toy.
    Might have to change the mouth, thanks Big Pete.

9. katch26

katch26 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    the ko figure is super sweet....it looks like its really high quality. is it?

10. CZ Hazard

News Credits:
    It is now I've repainted it! haha.
    It's okay, I wouldn't give it to a kid, two tabs broke off as soon as I took it out of the packet and the head doesn't really fold away as neatly as it should, and because its a cheapie KO it is only held together by screws, so no soldering iron to pop off tires or hammering out pins. Perfect for my second custom.
    As a display piece it works just fine. The company that did it also did an oversize Starscream so lets hope they do a LUGNUT!!!

11. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    dude, i totally love that...i've always thought motormaster was sweet, and making him animated, and out of a KO that size is just fantastic...

12. antapp

antapp Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Thats very nice. Like how the non-faceplate look differentiates him from Prime.

13. Cashanova

Cashanova Sons Of Unicron PTT

Nice work dude, bring it with you next time your in town.

14. CZ Hazard

News Credits:
    Better pictures, as requested by like, two people.

15. SonOfNemesis

SonOfNemesis Well-Known Member

Very interesting take on Motormaster (my fav character by the way). I am not so sure about the green so much but that's just my own opinion I guess.