animated:most satisfying transformation

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by microclone, Jun 10, 2008.

1. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    this is something you can never know until youve got the toy in hand. I have 4: lugs/cyb prime/BA and ratchet.

i find prime is easily the most satisfying to transform, its reasonably complex though feels solid. Lugs is next even if he almost TOO! simple, ratchets a bit fiddly but hes got lots a great shifting parts and finally with BA you dont have to do much atall and theres no significant parts shifting if you see my point. Im looking at lugnut videos and feeling that hes going to a very good toy to transform.

of the ones youve got, which are the ones with the most satisfying TF, which ones are a let down?I'm hoping that grimlock FEELS good to transform but he looks liks he might be quite flimsy, is that the case??

EDIT, actually im going to put rathet second infront of lugnut, his TF is actualy damn sweet, theres a lot going on there for a $10 and once youve got the hang of it its a whole lot of fun.

2. salmonman78

salmonman78 That's MR. Magnus to you all...

Voyager Bulkhead.

Simple yet fun with hardly any kibble. I love the tubby guy

3. Inverse Midas

Inverse Midas Jettisoning weight!

I'd say for myself, V Bulkhead has the most satisfying transformation. Overall his transformation is a series of very deliberate steps, leaving you with a very sturdy and solid TF in either mode. Added to that, his transformation is very intuitive without being difficult, and just plain fun.

I've found Grimlock to be quite enjoyable as well. My Grimlock is very tight, and doesn't seem to suffer from floppy panels, etc. It should be noted, however, that the QC spectrum on this specific figure runs the gamut from "Outstanding" to "Terrible". If you read some of the Grimlock-related threads, some people have gotten some absolute stinkers, i.e. loose knees/legs, very floppy panels, broken sword mechanism, etc.

Other "fun/satisfying" transformations for me would be:
    Cyb Prime
    2-pack Prime
    Lugnut
    Lockdown

The least fun for me are:
    Starscream (love both modes, but dislike the transformation)
    Voyager Cyb Megatron
    2-pack Cyb Megatron
    BA

4. microclone

News Credits:
    inverse midas.

i like your use of the phrase 'deliberate steps' , thats describes nicely what i like in aTF. How does the 2 pck prime compare to the cybertron version? I ask only because on teh strenght of how much i like cybertron version id consider the 2 pack even though I really dont care for either cybertron versions of megatron.

5. defstar

defstar Autobot...

Thankfully mine has none of these and is a great figure...most enjoyable indeed...fast to transform with very little kibble and it's great imo how the dino head folds up in the back...

6. twee

twee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love Bulkhead and Lugnut's transformation if only for the fact that their automorphs are actually relevant to the transformation.

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    V Bulkhead. The best figure I own of Animated and my second favourite all-time figure, simply for his look and transformation. He really takes full advantage of his animated styled body and uses a transformation nobody but an Animated figure could use.

Second is Starscream. Flippy transformation is just awesome. Not overly complex, but it works wonderful and is much fun.

After that is Cyb Prime, he can simulaniously transform and chop you down the center thanks to his clever coversion.

8. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lockdown is hands-down the most satisfying for me... even with his hand "issues".
    It's just the way he seemingly folds out of his compacted car mode.
    Sometimes it's just still hard to even believe that robot comes from that car even though I've just done it myself!

Grimlock is also quite satisfying in that both modes are no nice-looking and the tf-ing is some classy G1 goodness. :) 

9. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Battle Begins Prime and Starscream. Im surprized that people complain about the simple transformations in this line (only Prowls is rather ingenious, Megatrons is just rearranging the bot to look like a jumbled form of himself). I like the simplicity in both BB Prime and Starscream. If i was a kid, I could see myself playing with them, transforming them alot. because it's quick and easy. Some of the figures lately are so hard to transform I can't see how a KID would enjoying playing with and TFing them.

10. MaikeruSan

MaikeruSan KnightStalker

News Credits:
    I think all of them are fun! Not long and drawn out like the movie line and alternators. I like complicated transformations buy fo display pieces, not toys im going to play with.

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    THIS. Animated is the most fun line I ever had since BW thanks to it's awesome show, characters and amazing toys. The movie toys were good, but they make better display peices for me. Animated, however, is great since the toys are fun toys and the cartoon is a fun cartoon.

12. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cybertron Prime & 2-Pack Megatron, can't put the latter down for too long.

13. Inverse Midas

Inverse Midas Jettisoning weight!

I'm glad you liked my wording there. After I typed it, I sat there looking at the phrase, hoping that it wasn't one of those things that would only make sense to the person saying it!

As for "Battle Begins" Prime, I think he's well worth getting the 2-pack for, even if you have mixed feelings about Megatron. His transformation is more or less identical to Deluxe Cybertron Prime, with a few exceptions, and just looks fantastic. Also, you get the cartoon version axe, which looks good in the hands of Deluxe Cybertron Prime, and especially Voyager Prime.

All-in-all, this entire line is incredible. Like others have stated, V Bulkhead has quickly become one of my top TF toys of all time. He is that good. Even the guys that were placed on my "not-as-fun" list would be showstoppers in other TF lines. I have purchased every Animated figure that was made available through Walmart this last week, and I haven't regretted a single purchase. Any quibble I have had with any of these bots has been so minor and trivial, it's not even worth mentioning.

14. BuildKing

BuildKing Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I really love Voyager Bulkhead: simple but ongoing and fun transformation. Very nice looking in both modes.

Close in second would be Lockdown: also quite simple but the result is surprising: it's hard to imagine the "ultra tall" Lockdown comprised and hidden into its sleek, deluxe-sized, muscle car.

15. Xaedrahk

Xaedrahk Prime-otions!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Notably Lockdown and Grimlock for me. I have thing with them where I can't leave them in one mode for too long because both modes just look so awesome.

Adding to what others have said; Lockdown's transformation is truly a surprise. The hips bother me, but I was shocked to find that the guy's even taller than Starscream.

16. microclone

News Credits:
    yes, lugnuts automorph is very neat and a great final 'flip' to complete his Tf!

17. microclone

News Credits:

what this line gets right (and it could well have been by design) is that it has an optimum mix of interest and simplicity for the actual TF process, and the Tf itself is a lot of fun. I had a few movie toys and sold them all on save repaint jazz (which i feel has a satisfying Tf).

actually the actual TF is more complx than i at first expected.

18. microclone

News Credits:
    on the contrary, when I read your post i thought 'i know where your coming from'.

19. zeroXII

zeroXII metallicon

News Credits:
    I like V Prime's transformation. Very old school, and the rotating leg gimmick looks impressive if you wind it up right.

20. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love transfoming starscream. If you do it right You can transform him just like the show in one smooth motion without fiddiling