Customs: Animated Modifications

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by omegafix, Jun 3, 2008.

1. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    Small mod for Megatron (Deluxe) but it works for me to alleviate his arm weight and make the canon, I think, more show accurate.

[​IMG] I also shortened the cannon handle by about a centimeter so it fits closer on his arm. Probably could go a lil further.

The other half becomes like a throwing sword thingy for him when not in ship mode, or whatever else can be considered. >.> I don't know quite what I want to do with that half when not in ship mode, considering a way to attach it to the back in the canon peg, or if I should make it another arm attachment for the other side, etc.
    [​IMG]

But at least megs can now stand up straight, and still transform.

[​IMG]
    It's also clips right back pretty securely since all I did was remove the metal rod in opening fold.

Still debating on battle damage removal or not, or LED potential in the canon with top sight/switch. Can't find my screwdriver to check yet. They better still be planning on releasing ships, cause it'd be pretty sweet to have him blast ing his way through on a shelf. >.>

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    If all the pertinent info is condensed into the first post, then I will copy/paste it all into a tutorial thread for everyone to have a permanent guide for all of these. Just make sure you divide it by who submitted what so that everyone gets proper credit. This thread here can be used for people to discuss the topic and add new content. as long as the stuff is either A) added to the first post, or B) linked to from the first post then I will occassionally update the tutorial. Oh, and while still separating by contributor, try to get the bots as close as you can to alphabetical order so that it will be as user-friendly as possible.

3. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    lol I effed my Bumblebee's stingers so bad... I see the blocks, but I have no clue how to get to them...

4. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    ugh, i cant get the Lockdown hands to work...

5. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

Unscrew the inner arm(the screw behind the stinger is a little hard to get to) Use an Xacto knife to cut the blocks off from the rest of the arm and then pry them off. It's hard and will take about an hour, but it looks better since you can't see the change as much

6. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    you dont need to take off any parts to do the bumblebee mod if your using a hobby knife. Just takes time and patience

7. Iron Spider-Man

Iron Spider-Man Banned

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

I made an animated modification. Sort of. :D 

I'll probably post when he's completely finished (need to do the 2nd coat on the light blue areas, and apply, well, finish) in the custom area... I just wanted to share this, here, though.

8. ElekTriC

ElekTriC Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    anyone know how to fix this??
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

There are 2 ways to do this mod. One is to cut off parts of the stingers, another is to cut off the yellow blocks inside his arm. If you're cutting off parts of the stingers, then you don't have to. If you want to cut off the yellow part, then you pretty much have to remove the inner arm, unless you have a curved knife and a perfectly precise hand

Edit: I saw yours, and you did do it, but I think that taking them off ends with a cleaner job since you don't have to dig as much

10. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    @ ElekTrik:

You're referring to her rear bustle being loose and unable to support her weight? Yeah, it should be a decently easy fix, actually. The rear section is snapped into place on two "U" shaped connectors and can be popped off. Coat the connecting pins and the inside of the "U" grabbers in some Future Floor Wax, Nail Polish, or Superglue, let them dry, then pop it back on. There'll be greater friction holding it in so it should be more secure. Just don't go TOO overboard, or you might stress the "U" connectors and break them.

11. ElekTriC

News Credits:
    i will try that. need to fix deluxe megs his legs so.

also fixed lockdown his hands and bumblebee's stingers

12. ElekTriC

News Credits:
    blackarachnia and deluxe megs are fixed :D  now my blackarachnia is much cooler :p 

13. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Anyone have a clearer pic of what needs to be cut on BBs stingers? Like, I can't even see why they don't fold in, and have no idea what to cut.

Thanks in advanced.

14. ElekTriC

News Credits:
    still need to clean it up i bit i think. hope this will help you with the stingers

[​IMG]

15. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Alright thanks, that should help.

And if anyone has done it on the stingers themselves, what part is supposed to be cut on them..

Unless I can get at the arm itself without taking it apart and using a hobby knife..

16. ElekTriC

News Credits:
    i used this
    http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y166/Jieste/stanleymes.jpg

work fine for me. i think a hobby knife is easier. but i dont have one :( 

17. T(x)

T(x) Active Member

Is there a tutorial with pics for extending blackarchnia's web line?

18. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    2 minor modifications to improve the Megatrons, both fast and easy.

1. I took a nail polish remover pen and removed the battle damage paint ops from the two-pack Megatron.

[​IMG]

I haven't finished, since I haven't touched the helmet or the foot damage yet.

2. The Leader Animated Megatron has grown on my by the minute. He's now one of my favorite toys ever, but I disliked that he had that translucent red Decepticon Symbol. I found a G1 Megatron Decepticon sticker was the same exact size of the emblem, so on it went:

[​IMG]

So, both together:

[​IMG]

19. omegafix

omegafix Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    anyone got a leader Megatron mod, the damn legs are bowlegged

20. Goaliebot

Goaliebot All Makes and Models

News Credits:
    Lockdown

Paint touch-ups on the EMP / Engine - the top flat part is now silver and the 2 barrels are metallic grey with black holes
    [​IMG]

Paint touch-ups for the dull grey car parts: exhaust pipes (chrome silver and black for the holes), hubcaps and spikes got metallic grey and silver too.
    [​IMG]

In bot mode you can see the paint touch-ups plus the standard hand mod:
    [​IMG]

Prowl

Just the 2 standard mods: neutering and the thigh flip. :p 
    [​IMG]

Starscream in jet mode

Painted the underside front vent lines in black, plus performed the world's simplest "mod" which is *purely* a matter of personal taste: reversing the vertical tail fins.
    [​IMG]

And then paint touch-ups to the landing gear in metallic grey
    [​IMG]

I have a lot of mods planned for Starscream's bot mode - don't get me wrong, its a great toy, I just see a few things that I want to tweak. :)