Animated Megatron underused

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by AniProwl, May 11, 2009.

1. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    You know through out the series, I try to appreciate the so-called awesome Decepticon leader, but I can't. I found out why. This Megatron has been most underused Megtron in any TF series. I personally think he has no presence of a threat whatsoever.

During most of Season 1, he was reduced to just a head. Season 2 was a little better despite him barely opening a can of whooping on the Autobots. Now, we have season 3, where he was transwarpping randomly til "Decepticon Air".

I feel like that all the other Decepticons have more of a presence than he has. To me, that's sad when the main antagonist has less presence than his lackies.

What do you think?

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Sometimes, less is more.

3. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I'm sure you'll get plenty of Megatron as he and Optimus (probably weilding the Magnus Hammer) battle in the final episode.

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I personally think it makes him more threatening this way. The Autobots have no idea when or where he'll appear next, thus making him more of a threat when he does appear. It's kinda like Voldemort in the Harry Potter books, especially the last one. His lackeys appeared more and did more of the work. People didn't know when or where he would be next, and that made him an even bigger threat when he did show up. He also has better things to do than fight, and he'll fight when he sees or realizes that his followers can't, or won't, do the job correctly. Or at the very least it makes sense to me, lol.

5. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Come to think of it, you're right.

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    If he were a bigger presence, the entire cast would be dead before Season 2 ended. That's the problem when making characters like him so dangerous, they have to restrain him in the plot so that he doesn't just win right away.

I appreciate him a lot more since he's using his brain and tactics more instead of just killing everybody.

7. Sapphire-Light

Sapphire-Light Red sports car

News Credits:

LOL!! is true but I whish he could be more in the show, I notice it more when I was in the store looking the TF toys and two kids came and one of them pointed at the optimus and Megatron two pack and said "Hey is Optimus and THAT BAD GUY" :banghead: 

I felt a little bad inside. :cry 

8. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    I agree thye should have used him a bit more and more effectively and Sapphire-Light i saw kids saying that same thing over a leader class earth mode ani megs and i facepalmed right then and there

9. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    This, just like Optimal Optimus was in BW.

10. Vizer

Vizer Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Part of the reason is because Animated Megatron is arguably the strongest Megatron we have seen, at least in comparison to the Autobots this time around. The OP in Animated is not the same from the past, he can't equal or better Megatron in a straight up fight. I think if Megs went all out he would of made Shockwave look like an amateur. Everyone would have been dead already. Dumb luck aside, the Autobots don't stand a chance against him, at least from what we have seen so far.

That's the way I see it at least, but I imagine the real answer is that Wyatt wanted to showcase and develop some of the other 'cons. Which I think is awesome, but at the same time Megatron is probably my favorite Animated character, and I hope we get to really see him do some damage.

11. Wodicus

Wodicus Active Member

Well I have to say this probably my favorite version of Megatron I have ever seen. However, what I think they are doing with the faction leaders like Megatron and Ultra Magnus is making them more like real leaders. Like in G1 we saw Optimus Prime and Megatron in action a lot, they lead their armies from the front, they lead the charges ect. However, in Animated they seem to be more then just focused on the immediate theater of operations they are in at that moment. They have other concerns else where. Megatron is trying to organize a galaxy wide Decepticon uprising so he has to do more then just deal with Optimus Prime's crew on Earth, he has to keep in touch with Shockwave (when he was still undercover) as well as his various team leaders and lieutenants around teh galaxy. I know, this is not really ever shown but it is how I assume it is. You don't expose your supreme leader to the dangers of combat every chance you get, you minimize those risks.

12. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We Exist, and We DON'T Want to Date You

News Credits:
    While I agree that Megatron has been rather underutilized, I enjoyed the fact that the other Decepticons got some face time and characterization. It really brought more richness to the series, instead of having them be lackies with a name and one basic trait, if they were lucky.

--Moony

13. realCliffjumper

realCliffjumper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, when you make a Megatron more than capable of actually killing Prime with one servo tied behind his back...you can't really have him front and center all the time. I like having a bad-ass Megatron that we only see every other episode, rather than a lame Megatron we see all the time.

14. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Don't we usually fear the unknown? What little we've seen of Megatron was bad @$$. His troops, who are also bad @$$es fear him, that alone should tell you something.

I like the fact that Megatron was in our faces every time an episode aired, as it allowed other characters to grow on us.

Transformed

15. Reflector Unit

Reflector Unit Cameracon

My only thougt is that he needs to do one act of supreme badassery.
    I mean, Shockwave killed Blurr horribly. That has out-eviled anything Megatron has done. He need to commit some atrocity that will show us WHY he's considered the legendary destructive force.

16. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What he's doing to Omega Supreme and Arcee aren't enough? He's going to make them fight for him, whether they want to or not. That's pretty bad @$$ if you ask me. They aren't in a position to stop him.

Transformed

17. Reflector Unit

Reflector Unit Cameracon

That's only badass IF HE SUCCEEDS. If Shockwave had FAILED to crush Blurr, that wouldn't be badass. Attempting something does not make you a badass. If Megatron totally wipes Omega Supreme's brain, effectively killing him, and successfully lays waste to a good chunk of Cybertron, THAT would be badass.

18. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Indeed.

By not overplaying Megatron, you keep him as a major threat and avoid character degradation from suffering Villain Decay.

19. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    I don't think they wll actually make arcee fight for them , allthey want from her is the acess codes for Omega Supreme and it won't matter one bit to Megatron if she dies in the process as long as they get the codes, and honest id not be surpised if Sentinal Prime finds himself onthe business end of Megatron's Fusion Cannon and its also possible that he finishes off Ultra Magnus, inthe last 2 episodes he will likely have plenty of chances to dispay his epic Bad Assery

20. wasp819

wasp819 L-I-V-I-N

Ebay:

Well put sir well put indeed, never really thought of old megs like that but yeah your right and it makes totall sense

The extra l on total is for love