Minor/Repaint: Animated Maverick

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Autobot Burnout, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

This is my first commission: Animated Maverick! This is a custom character the customer came up with, and has been a real PITA to finish, but I think it came out alright. Made from Animated Bumblebee, the idea is that Maverick is like a cyber-ninja, as he uses his quick agility and "Wrist blades" (repurpoused stingers) to cut down Decepticons, and he's most effective in crowded city-like areas. He's an Autobot, but only just, the reason being "The Autobots blow up crap at a lesser rate than the Decepticons" as the customer put it. He came up with a better story for Maverick, so he said, but he had to go to Japan before he could tell me fully. Autobot Maverick is actually the first of a planned Autobot team that's like the Stunticons (except they're all likeable and don't combine), and his arch-nemesis is the Decepticon Mudflap; the Southern accented Mud-Wrestler and the leader of the Decepticon Earth Recon team (Mudflap is my own custom design, and he was created alongside Maverick, so the two will share some similarities dispite being complete opposites. I'll have his thread up soon, I just need to apply the small-country's worth of mud to him!)

The few mods on the figure are: grinding the head's horns down, removing BB's nose and putting in a new visor, and removing the siren on the alt mode roof (not covered very well, but I'm still a noob at this and the customer is fine with it). The Paint used for him is: Testor's Enamel Silver (face, groin area, arm backs, wrist-blade tips, rear head ridge on the now-useless light-piping), Testor's Enamel Aluminum (best paint in my whole paint aresneal, used for headlights, rear-view mirrors, and wrist-blade botoms), Testor's Red Metal Flake Enamel (Windows), Floquil "ATSF" Red (Everything that's red and not the formerly clear blue parts), and Floquil "Steam Power" Black (Whole Body).

Tech Spec (rough estimate):
    Motto:The only way to stop a war is to stop both sides of it.
    Strength:5
    Intelligence:9
    Speed:9
    Endurance:4
    Courage:10
    Firepower:1 (reason being Maverick has no guns, but Classics BB doesn't either and has a Firepower of 4, so...yeah, I'm kinda clueless there as well)
    Skill: 10+

The Ani. BB figure used for comparisons is my personal Animated Bumblebee, still stock-condition from the WM-3 pack. Also, where Ani. BB's autobot symbol is, Maverick has a Reprolabel rubsign. However, the customer wanted me to try and hide the symbol best I could, which meant trying to paint all the gray on the rubsign while not harming the rubbing part itself. It still works, as the last picture should show.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Note: While Maverick originaly had boosters, the customer requested that they be not included in the final figure. However, Maverick CAN still use them, so I included that in this comparison (the boosters he has are the ones he originaly had, but are not repainted)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Note: Yes, Maverick's alt mode looks like Movie Dead End's color scheme. No, that is not intentional, as Maverick was already "Striped" before I even learned of Dead End.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Robticon

Robticon Out of the Game

:drool: 

3. Strarf

Strarf Crystal Convoy no more TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That is awesome looking Burnout, nice job.

4. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Very cool. I like what you did with the face.

5. Shelfwarmercon

Shelfwarmercon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like what you did with the rubsign. Good way of hiding it.

6. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Thanks guys:D  Maverick was a tough little pain in the *** to finish (mainly in using the black paint to try and kill all that yellow plastic, I lost count of how many time I'd paint one section totally black, but when it dried there was still yellow!).

The face was probably the second hardest mod of the whole custom, as I had to cut off BB's entire nose to make room for the visor and new nose, but instead of being an easy "drop into place" 1-peice visor, the Animated asthetic of roundness forced me to split the visor into three peices, one over each eye, and then a vertical peice as the center of the visor as well as the new nose. The face was just repainted in Testor's Silver, but the visor does sell the "new character" idea pretty well.

Thanks. Credit has to go to the customer, however, as he's the one who came up with the "painted-over" rubsign idea.

7. anovasinn

anovasinn THE PAINTS MUST FLOW!!!

time and time again we see one can't go wrong with red and black :thumb 

8. jazz4ever

jazz4ever I'm turned on by numbers

dude thats awesome

9. Robticon

Robticon Out of the Game

It really is. :D