Animated managed to do the impossible...

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Jetstorm, Mar 28, 2009.

1. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

In this show, I actually like and care about the human characters! I mean, I could go on for days on end about how much I despised the human characters in the previous 3 shows (and to a certain extent: G1 and R.I.D.). In fact, the way-too-strong presence of the humans in those shows really ruined them for me (well, there were a few other reasons too).

But wow, I really like nearly all the human characters in Animated! I love Capt. Fanzone and his "I hate machines" catchphrase, I like the villains like Angry Archer and Nanosec, and I really really like Meltdown, I think he's sooo cool!

Oh, and of course Sari is great too =]

Pretty much the only one I don't like is Porter C. Powell, but I think EVERYONE feels that way xD

So congratulations, Animated, on making the impossible possible.

2. evebird

evebird Waiting for Omega

Well, it made me care for the robot characters, which is more than I can say for Bay's movie, Cybertron, Energon, and Armada.

3. Vexza

Vexza Nerdicon

Yeah, at least they can make the human characters somewhat useful and likable in a cartoon about giant transforming alien robots. ^^ Okay, I don't like any of the supervillains, but I think some of them are awesome characters;

Meltdown
    Porter C. Powell (he needs to do something reaaallllyyy evil...)

I like Captain Fanzone too, but I don't really like any of the other humans, ESPECIALLY not the Sumdacs. It's not like I hate them, I'm just not very fond of them. Especially the Sumdacs. >.>

4. tehKOREANdude

tehKOREANdude inimitable, original

News Credits:
    most all the characters are great. most? ahh who am i kidding. all the tfa characters deserve 'ftw''s and action figuees

5. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'll go along. Animated is the first TF series that makes me want semi-official figures of the human cast.

6. LadyHood

LadyHood Bounty Hunter

they need a sari kid toy and her teenage from with all the robot parts and such..i'd love to have a fanzone toy too! I love the humans in tfa all the others i wanted so bad for a decepticon to step on them and crush them..:ev: 

7. DaraRex2.0

DaraRex2.0 I'd totally eat the leaf

The human villains are good ol' corny comedy. It's original. As Simmons would say, "Are hot!"

Or somethin like that....

8. mirarage

mirarage Agent of Primus

News Credits:
    Good writing!
    It makes the humans stand out.
    It makes them important.
    It's one of the reasons this show needs to stay.
    It's just a good all-around show.

9. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    :lol  have you ever seen the society of ultimate villainy. yeah worst humans ever, then kicker and the armada kids.

I hate sumdac too.

10. SoundFire Prime

SoundFire Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In all honesty, they could have done without the supervillians. Headmaster was the only supervillian I actually liked. Everyone else was just mad corny IMO. I mean come on, Professor Princess? Angry Archer? Puh-lease!

11. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Too bad those two were supposed to be jokes.

Only Meltdown and Headmaster are true human villains. maybe Powell too but the rest are just cameos to get the plot going, like Swindle using 'em for his plan etc.

12. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

The only human character I really love in Animated is Sari. It's about time that THE main human character in a Transformers series is a female.

I absolutely hated the human villains. To me, Transformers is Autobots vs. Decepticons in an age-old conflict that has no end in sight, not robots vs. humans.

EDIT: I also hate Mr. Powell... he's such a big jerk. Reminds me too much of Sean Berger from G1.

13. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Angry Archer for the win.

14. kenny86

kenny86 tapedeck

Powdered Sugar! the badness itself!

15. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

I have stated that most of the human villains have nothing to do with anything. Meltdown's plots actually had something to do with the TFs and his desire to create an organic transformer. The other villains felt added on, as if they were elements that didn't mesh with the in-show world.

I suppose Headmaster works about as well as Black does. He's all about hijacking the alien tech bodies and such. But Angry Archer? Professor Princess? This isn't Powerpuff Girls (as much as I do like PPG) and I think going so far out to left field with the human villains didn't help the show any.

- Coeloptera

16. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    The only character I honestly hate out of the entire show's cast is Professor Princess. I get what they were trying to do with her, but... they just went way overboard. She's too absurd for even the silliest of Animated moments, IMO.

The rest of the human cast, though, yes. Love 'em. Well, except Slow Mo, I'm sorta "eh" with her.

17. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The humans in this show make the humans in the UT even worse than they already are, which is nearly impossible.

I too care for Sari. I said it. The first human child accompanying the Autobots that I really give a shit about. Well, Sam in the movie also, but cartoon wise.

Even the super ridiculous human villains I can deal with, well most of them. (coughproffessorcoughprincesscough)

And I applaud Animated for this.

18. Infosaur

Infosaur Well-Known Member

2nded. I mean this show's writing is what sets it far an away above every other tv version of the show (and is quickly catching up with the comics which usually try a little harder than the TV versions)

Also I *GET* Professor Princess, and it makes me laugh my ass off. I can't wait to have someone rip her costume off and it turns out she's a (really short) 40 year old PTA member. (Dodgeball is bad because it hurts peoples feelings when they get picked last)

Also in HER VERY FIRST EPISODE Powdered Sugar gets the Godfather treatment! :lolol  :horse:  :lolol 
    In a KIDS show? I mean the fact that they GOT AWAY with that is pure comedy on multiple levels.

(Oh and the whole reason for all the other villans is to show that the Autobots are learning to be better fighters, they have to build up to be level of fighting Decepticons, so that villians like Angry Archer are a headache at first by the end of the season they are one shot kills. Kinda like in D&D, even your level 40 super-god Palidin once was a level 1 cleric noob with a single 1d4 attack who needed help fighting a single 10hp rat.)

19. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    In my opinion, here's how I rank the human characters.

Allies:
    1. Fanzone
    2. Sari
    3. Her dad

Villains:
    1.Meltdown
    2.Angry Archer
    3. Headmaster
    4. Powell
    5. Slo-Mo
    6. Nanosec
    7. Professor Princess

More human characters should be like Fanzone. He's like Bullock from BTAS.

20. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sari is my favorite too.