Animated Magnus problems

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by shadow panther, Aug 25, 2008.

1. shadow panther

shadow panther Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    I think there is something wrong with my Magnus everytime i touch it all i get is the transforming sound, hell my dog bumped the table and i got the sound, how do i lock whatever in place so it switches over to voices?

2. SoundMaster

SoundMaster Likes RID Bulkhead.

News Credits:
    My brothers UM has the same problem. Mabye it's widespread. The best I can do is to make sure everything is locked into place.

3. all are dead

all are dead Being a nerd is my game.

News Credits:
    Hell I dont even have UM yet so I hope mine does when i get.

4. e3nine

e3nine Poop.

News Credits:
    I have the same problem with my animated Omega Supreme.

I don't. I just wanted to sound cool too. : (

5. neek_buster

neek_buster The One Man Army

News Credits:
    Are you sure its Omega? I tought there not even a pic of him yet....

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    He was joking.

7. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    hmmm..i had that problem in robot mode too, when i knock him around, he makes that noise..but when i push the button, i get the voice quotes..however, i transformed him to vehicle and back again, and now i dont think the problem is there...maybe u should do that too

8. Iron Spider-Man

Iron Spider-Man Banned

News Credits:
    I had the same problem. I "Fixed" it by shaving down the pieces that press against the buttons that switch from the weapons noises to the voices (and activate the transformation noises) but now I can't get the voices without holding in one side. Its the fault of the clip that holds the light blue square down, or the blue square itself... basically I think you have to get a new one, or fiddle with those pieces somehow. Not 100% certain how to fix it and make it work properly though.

9. XXXG-01W

XXXG-01W A GUNDAAAAAAAAM!!!!

I don't want to repeat what people have already said but I felt I needed to put this all in my own words.

I figured the reason mine was doing this was the shoulder pieces were not being held firmly in place, they were able to wiggle if you like hence the pressure on the two buttons on his back which switch the voice system from robot to vehicle mode kept on being released hence the Transformation sound went off (most annoying after a while)

To try and fix this I found the hole on each of the shoulder pieces where they are suppose to lock into position and used super-glue to make them smaller i.e. by spreading some around the inside edge of the hole. I also applied a few very small layers to the inside edge of the black hooks so that when locked in place it would be held more tightly against the buttons and finally I added a few layers to the pieces that press on the buttons.

Basically its all about making sure those buttons are kept pressed down when in robot mode! Having done all this my transformation noise hardly ever goes off unless the movement is rather allot i.e. when transforming a stiff part etc. This is the method that worked for me, however I don't offer any guarantees use at your own risk!

I hope this helps some people experiencing this problem!