Minor/Repaint: Animated Leader Class Ultra Magnus

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by areaseven, Aug 16, 2009.

1. areaseven

areaseven Live to Win

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Out of the box, Animated Leader Class Ultra Magnus is a very impressive figure. However, he's unfinished when you compare him to the box art. So I did a little painting here and there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I used Mr. Color light gray to paint the hands, forearm lines and kneecaps below the spurs. For the Mass Hammer, shoulder cannons and gatling guns, I used Mr. Metal Color #214 Dark Iron.

What's unique about Mr. Metal Color is the application. You brush the surface and let it dry. Once dry, it leaves a flat black finish, but when you buff it with a soft, dry cloth, it gives the surface a bold, metallic finish. In the case of Ultra Magnus, the Dark Iron gave the cannons and gatling guns a gunmetal finish, while it made the Mass Hammer look like a weathered and well-worn stone. After re-watching episode 17, I plan to apply Dark Iron on the butt of the handle.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This figure is still a work in progress, as I'll need to bring him to my local hobby shop to match the teal and metallic blue colors. Hope you like these pics.

Attached Files:

2. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

sweetness. love the hammer

3. gericault

gericault Well-Known Member

Nice Work- the details do make all the difference.
    You're right, this is a great mold! Probably why there are practically no projects up that use him; he's pretty much perfect already!