Animated Leader Class Grimlock

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by PyroniusRex, Jan 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PyroniusRex

PyroniusRex Banned

News Credits:
    Agreed, and one who isn't so stick-thin! Snarl is pretty big in the show. Swoop is really accurate in size.

And I said using the same logic, because in all truth there is really no "need" for them to have made "Transformers" in the first place just money, which is the only reason they make the figures, and another one would just make more money see logic.

2. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    That's not logic at all. That's bad business planning.

Making another one could possibly loose money if it didn't sell well.

3. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    you can cut the sarcastic comments with a knife.

4. PyroniusRex

PyroniusRex Banned

News Credits:
    Ok, now your just here for no reason and you want to argue without even having real a reason, I don't make the products do I? Nope, just discuss them.

Now bad marketing you say? How many kids love dinosaurs? How many kids love toys with sound? How many kids love Transformers? How many Grimlock fans are there? How much does a leader figure cost? How many adults are there on this site and out of it, trying to collect all the figures in the Animated line? Answer these questions bub, I think the answer would be obvious.

5. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    here is my two cents.

Why spend 40 bucks on a leader class, when you got an 90 to 100% accurate voyager class for 20. And when i go to walmarts in my area they have a lot of leader bulkheads warming the shelves even though he is more to size then voyager bulkhead. So my opinion is that he is not needed, although a few fans would buy and appreciate a leader class. But Rex, if this is what you truly want keep petitioning for it. I've been trying to bring cassette tapes back for years.

6. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Honestly, if they ever made a Leader class Animated Grimlock, I would buy him, but at the same time I honestly can't see them doing it. Leaders, and Supremes for that matter, have traditionally done worse than most other TF size classes. Which is why Hasbro typically sticks to three Leaders and two Supremes at the most for any one toy line. Also, I agree that the Voyager is definitely good enough. May not be in scale with every other figure in the toy line, but then again there really is no true scale within the line. In the end I don't think this thread is going anywhere good anytime soon.

7. PyroniusRex

PyroniusRex Banned

News Credits:
    Never sent the petition, just wrote it and now I'm discussing it. The only thing they did wrong on Leader Bulkhead was arm him with all those weapons, size was excellent.

Thank you for answering my simplest question. And yes, me too I don't see them making it (or at least any time soon). I just don't think it's fair to say they shouldn't make it at all.

8. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I just thought of a way they could have a reason to give us a larger Grimlock figure. It isn't very likely to ever happen though. In a future season of Animated they could somehow have Grimlock replace Ultra Magnus as leader of the Autobots, though not before he gets trained up properly, and gets some knowledge. They could then also introduce the Matrix of Leadership, that could then upgrade Grimlock a bit. Basically adapt his chest to hold the Matrix, make him stronger, and upgrade his sword a bit. Then he could have a crown. Like I said, it's extremely doubtful, but it would be awesome, imo, even if he probably wouldn't be Leader for long anyways. Grimlock is my favorite Autobot, and my favorite TF, so that's probably why I've made up, with the help of previous TF comics, an almost completely unlikely way for Hasbro to give us a Leader class Grimlock.

9. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    NAILED IT but ya, would want Leader Lugnut before Grimlock

though id like Leader Blackout first, if hes bigger.

10. PyroniusRex

PyroniusRex Banned

News Credits:
    Thats been discussed already, yes everyone wants to see him first including me.

11. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Severe generalization. Honestly, I would rather them stick with just the Voyager Lugnut we have. Also, just because it has been discussed in the thread already, doesn't mean it can't be discussed any more. On a side note, if we do get a Blackout toy at some point, I would honestly rather get a Voyager class figure than a Leader class figure. Though I'm probably in the minority on that.

12. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    You really think a Leader class Grimlock would be a guarantee money maker? You're nuts. You have no clue how much it costs to design/manufacture such a figure.

13. GrimlockMinor

GrimlockMinor Dinobot

News Credits:
    Id sign that...

14. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow, I'm away for a few days and look what argument I missed...

I wouldn't like a Leader Grimlock either. The Voyager is nice to me. Leader Bulkhead is nice but doesn't loom over all my other Animated figures, so we'd be gaining...what, a few inches? Eh. I'd go for a Leader Lugnut if that came out, but I'm content with Voyager Grimlock.

I'd rather see newer characters come out anyways, since I've liked this line so much. I'm lukewarm over the RotF Prime and Bumblebee molds, so new molds of figures I've already seen isn't impressing me unless it blows me away.

15. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    In order.

Leader Lugnut, Leader Grimmy, Voyager Magnus, Voyager Snarl.

And let's not poke fun at PR's idea/punctuation. Here's how this thread SHOULD'VE gone.

PR: "Do you want a Leader Grimlock?"

Someone: No.

Someone: Yes.

Someone: Don't care.

Someone: I'd like a Leader Lugnut first.

Attack me if you will for saying this, but you're all overreacting. Why are you all arguing? Because he said that he wanted something that you didn't? Because he has a different opinion? You should just answer his question, not attack the question/idea/petition. You don't have to sign it, you could've just moved on after seeing this thread.

Gosh. :mad 

16. Code

Code Banned

Ebay:
    petitions are useless unless you are trying to get something on the voting ballot

17. PyroniusRex

PyroniusRex Banned

News Credits:
    Why does everyone add words to my sentences, never said guarantee, I don't believe in guarantees. Now c'mon we don't have to keep up in fact Bgrn I will let you be the one with the last word. I have a big respect for your other posts, I hate losing respect for people so don't make me.

18. Polenicus

Polenicus Warring At Play

Ebay:
    I personally don't see a need for a Leader Grimlock. The Voyager does the job pretty well. Granted, he should be slightly larger than Optimus, not smaller, I attribute that more to Optimus being a rather large Voyager. The Dinobot's scale has floated around a bit in the show anyway.

The issues with Lugnut's Voyager-class toy are more glaring. He doesn't look right next to ANY other Decepticons save maybe Soundwave and Swindle. He DOES scale perfectly with Voyager Bulkhead, which I think may have been the intent all along.

For all the really GLARING scale issues that we see in the line (Lugnut, Soundwave, Swindle, Bumblebee) I think Grimlock is the least of them.

19. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Go read the thread again. That IS how it was going, until Pyro decided all the people who didn't want a Leader Grimlock were flaming him.

A Voyager Magnus would be nice. Bit more in scale, lose the electronics and maybe improve the articulation slightly. I could go for that.

20. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    2nd'ed...yes leader class lugnut!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.