Animated Jazz thread!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Infosaur, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Infosaur

Infosaur Ancient Cybertronian

I can't believe there isn't one yet.

Anyway he rocks. At first I thought he was a little too "cartoony". But other than the massively oversized wheels and the exaggerated tail fins I see a lot I like about this "car".

[​IMG]

It looks like an old Porsche with the tail of a Pierce Arrow grafted between the fenders. The tail fins would almost work if they were scaled down 25%. The front fenders almost would work as is. Even though they're much bigger than a 911's fenders and seem to be a homogenization of slant noses, 933's, 356's and the Beetle. His headlights even have "eyelids",you digg?

[​IMG]

Odd thing is, at least on mine. The tail lights both cant to the left. On the right side this looks correct as it cants inboard. But on the left it leaves a noticable space as it cants outboard.

Transformation's a little tricky because the first step involves seperating the front of the car from the back. There are catches you can't even see and of course being brand new they're all really tight. But the "boots" catch on the windshield in both directions so they're a real PITA. after that the feet fold out.

The arms pretty much fold out from the side but my left shoulder joint is very tight. Don't know if it's just mine. Bicep rotation is kinda loose but it holds it's position for now. Wrists are ball jointed.

There's a small piece on his chest that flips down before you lower the car hood. It fills a gap below his neck. but if you leave it up his chest will only go down to horizontal. It kinda looks retro-G1 like that, so personal preference.

Both the pipes and the door panels rotate on his forarms. So you can have the pipe/chucks up by his shoulders, or out in front of his arms like guns. Or against his arms closely.

While I like the cartoon, I didn't have high expectations of nun-chuck weapons on a toy. The cord between them is less than 1/8 inch and other than dangling from his hands you can't do much with them.

Head is on a ball joint but doesn't have much vertical articulation. Transformers talk down to humans too much I guess.

Mirrors on the shoulders look like they could be rocket launchers too. Well except that would be a bit to G-1 right? But G1 Jazz had shoulder launchers too and it's a nice touch.

[​IMG]

So far this Animated line has impressed me greatly. There are some details that annoy me, but so far it has been very cool

2. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    Uh, there is a feedback section

3. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    yeah, there is...this is the wrong topic too, should be in the feedback area

4. rodimusconvoy

rodimusconvoy Well-Known Member

This guy is overrated, by the way.....Prowl, Bumblebee and any of the 3 version of Prime are better.

5. justinRODimus

justinRODimus Well-Known Member

you have over a thousand posts. how could you not know this isn't the right place for this and that there is a jazz thread already in the correct place?

6. Infosaur

Infosaur Ancient Cybertronian

Didn't show up using Search?

"Transformers Toy Discussion (8 Viewing)
    The place for Transformers TOY specific discussion. Formerly part of the Toyark. Non TF toy discussion is down below now."

Where as feedback says:

"Transformers Feedback (8 Viewing)
    Leave your feedback about specific Transformers items in here, and hopefully someone will notice!"

Gee,,, I wonder how I could have screwed THAT up?:rolleyes2 

7. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    he the only DLX from Wave 3 i got so far.

I really want Soundwave.

8. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

Doesn't change the fact that this should be in Feedback and merged with the already existing thread there. And it's Transformers Feedback, aka our views/reviews/opinions on Transformers

9. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm still green here but from what I get the Feedback is for specific figures and the Discussion is for stuff coming out and speculation and ideas right?

I could see how the two could be confusing and where some lines are fuzzy on certain subjects. But all in all a common mistake at most, It happens.

10. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    i think he's as good as prowl...

soundwave is nice..but i was a bit disappointed by him coz..he's kinda boxy, right..and my one's legs are loose...and he's a bit top heavy, especially with laserbeak, and makes him quite hard to pose

11. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    I don't know why but Jazz's alt mode reminds me of Penelope Pitstop's car from Wacky Races:
    [​IMG]

I think his robot mode looks great though.

12. llfalcon

llfalcon Well-Known Member

Looks like Jazz needs a repaint ;) 

13. Obvious Prime

Obvious Prime Purple Repaint

News Credits:
    I'd SO buy that.

14. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    That's something for a TF crossover line.

And now I want a Captain Caveman car that turns into Grimlock. :p