Animated (Insert Character here) VS G1 Counterpart

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Lunar_Convoy, Apr 2, 2008.

1. Lunar_Convoy

Lunar_Convoy Special Ops Captain

Is it just me or do some of the Autobots or Decepticons surpass their original
    counterparts?

I mean take a look at what Starscream did in the first freaking episode! Not only did he screw Megatron over and left him as a pile of scrap, he also handed the Autobots their asses on a platter! The original Starscream never
    came close to doing any of that except for perhaps in the G1 movie when He pitches Megs out of the shuttle, but hey nothing wrong with G1 Screamer.

I also feel like Blitzwing is a way more interesting character than his G1 self.
    Some people might not like the whole "Man-E-Faces" kind of set up he has, but clearly he was more thought out than Man-E-Faces. Each face not only affects what powers/weapons he has, but also his personality! I also dig the whole German accent thing he has going on, it makes him stand out more and suits his personalities. Not to mention he's funny as hell :lolol 

Anywho that's just my two cents, but what do you all think?

2. thekryle

thekryle Well-Known Member

I'd like to see of course, Grimlock. I think the two Bumblebees would be funny. Megatron too. Animated Megatron seems much more brutal but also smarter.

I think the only one that would lose the their G1 counter part is Prime. I think the Animated TFs have the advantage because they seem to be much more agile then their G1 counter-parts.

3. Lunar_Convoy

Amen to that brother

4. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    The Animated guys will need a handicap, since they're far more prone to actually shooting at their opponents and not the ground around them.

5. thekryle

thekryle Well-Known Member

Could you imagine the Prowls? While G1 Prowl is trying to shoot his Animated Prowl, Animated Prowl is dodging and doing one handed flips and all that while at the same time throwing ninja stars into G1 Prowls face.

I just keep thinking about the movie. I have a feeling by the time Prime got to Autobot City, Animated Starscream would've already taken over the base, except maybe the Dinobots.

6. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    In terms of "Who would win in a battle" ...

G1 Prime > TFA Prime
    TFA Bumblebee > G1 Bumblebee
    TFA Ratchet > G1 Ratchet
    TFA Prowl > G1 Prowl
    TFA Megatron > G1 Megatron
    TFA Starscream > G1 Starscream
    G1 Soundwave > TFA Soundwave
    G1 Blitzwing > TFA Blitzwing (close match though)
    BW Black Arachnia > TFA Black Arachnia

Just my .02

7. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    hey wheres that guy who said g1 bumblebee was balls to the walls?

:lolol 

8. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

Who said that??

9. SpriteSODA

SpriteSODA Well-Known Member

I cant decide till I hear the sound of TFA Megatron's canon.

10. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i think at this point, the only guy whos trump by their previous version, is prime, but thats excuseable cuz primes a total noob in this version.

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I agree completely with your list except for this one. TF:A Blitzwing may be crazy, but G1 Blitzwing was an idiot, and I mean that in a good way. But still, TF:A Blitzwing is physically stronger, by most references bigger, and of course, has proven over and over that he is competant in battle, effectively using his tools and weapons at his disposal despite his conflicting personalities.

While I can't picture two Prime's fighting, I agree that TF:A Prime might not be able to beat his counterpart. He's not a noob. He's new to leadership, but he's always got the moves in battle. The only thing is, G1 Prime has proven to be a crack shot (despite physics interfering, but who needs them) and I could totally see him taking advantage of TF:A Prime's natural instincts not to harm Autobots long enough to get in enough shots.

12. Reaper2006

Reaper2006 Elite Sniper

Didn't you hear his cannon fire in the first episode??

13. Magelite

Magelite I make stupid look good

I agree except for these three.

G1 Soundwave may win in a 1-on-1 but if the battle were to take place in Detroit TFA Soundwave would have legions of automatons to summon to win. So depends on the situation.

TFA Blitzwing has Fire blasts, Ice blasts, and energy blasts. What's G1 Blitzwing got? Lasers. Plus, TFA Blitzwing is larger and probably stronger than his G1 counterpart.

Bw Black Arachnia is only the size of a human. Compare that to TFA BA, OK, who's the size of a regular TF and also has both her venom and her absorbing ability.

14. Lunar_Convoy

That's exactly how I feel. Don't get me wrong I like G1 Blitzwing, but TFA Blitzwing has a lot more tricks up his sleeve and uses them affectively as well.

15. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You know I'm pretty sure most TFA Decepticons would win against their G1 versions, considering they're all bigger and stronger.

16. SpriteSODA

OMG Nope i missed it!
    And dudes common, G1 Prime is larger, stronger and more fearsome than this TFA woos=]

17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Fearsome? You do know Prime's an Autobot, right? Autobots aren't fearsome. (Not Primes at least:lol )

Also, you call TF:A Prime a woos (whatever that means) but he's probably got more character development so far that G1 Prime had in the entire G1 series. Like seriously, Prime in G1 was boring as hell. H ejus didn't retain his character. This Prime is a growing Prime, who gradually becomes stronger both physically and mentally. We actually want to like him instead of being told to because "he's the leader of the good guys". Plus, people say he's weaker than G1 Prime like it's a bad thing. Seriously by now, you should all know stonger (for Autobots) rarely means better.

I still think the notion of pitting one Prime against the other is stupid, since they're both Autobots why would they care? I understand why other Autobots would, but not Prime.

Now G1 Megatron against TF:A Megatron. That's no contest. TF:A Megs has caused more trouble and pain as a severed head than G1 Megs has in his entire career.:lol 

I still think BW Blackarachnia could beat TF:A BA in no time. TF:A Blackarachnia is good, but one dose of Cyber-venom is enough to stun her long enough for BW Blackarachnia to take her out.

18. SpriteSODA

dont get BW involved cus thats a whole different story... there's no way TFA megs can be better than the guy in BW.

And G1 Prime was fearsome - many decepticons fled when they needed to face him alone, espcially Starscream.

19. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    G1 bee got his a## handed to by animated bumblebee I mean G1 bumblebee is pretty much a little bitch and animated bumblebee rocks with his cool personality if you will same with blitzwing in G1 he was basically a big body guard in animated hes now an intresting character that I look forward to seeing
    G1 soundwave on the other hand diffently beats his animated counter-part

20. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    No argument here. TF:A Megs will have to do some pretty devious and deceptive stuff to get him to the level of BW MEgs, who was utterly brilliant in every sense of the word.

That's because G1 Decepticons were pathetic (though pretty entertaining) idiots. Starscream especially was a little bitch. But hey, he (Starscream) was right, they (Decepticons) needed a better leader, to bad there wasn't one.:lol