Animated in Japan

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Hiro Prime, Apr 4, 2009.

1. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It is the year 2010. One year after ROTF hits the theaters in Japan, TakaraTomy sees an upswing in the demand for TF toys. Not having anything set up in the way of a new main line after the movie line, they turn to the US for a filler series. Even tho it doesn't have enough episodes to meet the requirements, (tho fillers could be added to pad the series) Transformers Animated airs in Japan.

Not an impossible set of circumstances, but given the potential for a huge hit with the movie, it could be likely that Animated might become a RID for Japan. If it does happen, and the toyline were to be released there as well, what do you guys think the line would look like?

I doubt they would release any of the repaints that were not shown in the show (ie, Elite Guard BB) but would they do all of Starscream's clones. Would they spring for some new molds like Omega Supreme, Cybertron BB, or other background characters or just produce better painted figures that have already been produced.

For those of us who really want them, this could be a way for those figures we know that would never be released here to get made. Tho if they did make them, Hasbro could then (maybe) release them over here under the Universe banner. (not that we wouldn't import the hell out of them anyway.)

Thoughts?

Last edited: Apr 4, 2009
  2. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    That would be great, but at the moment..just wishful thinking I'm afraid. :) 

3. Omega_Soundwave

Omega_Soundwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I dont want Animated to air in Japan.

Chances are it would have a horrible opening theme. "YOU CAN FIGHT! TORANSUFORMAAAAAAAAAAR!!"

Ugh.

4. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

you know, you do not have to watch it? :lol 

5. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If it's sort of like how Henkei came about,I'm all for it.

6. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    From my understanding Takatomy won't pick the series up unless it reaches so many episodes..and I'm pretty sure that, if season 3 really is the end, that Animated won't hit that number.

7. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Swindle's Japanese name will be Balls.

8. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lockdown is going to be a evil dominatrix.

9. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Optimus is Young Convoy as a leading leader for Ultra Magnus who is the Greastest Commander of Seibertron, but Young Convoy face he deeps and evilest leaders of Destrons, Megatron with Starscream,Blitzwing,Rattles & Black Widow can destroy The Cybertrons for the terror that they couse ultimate want revenge, and Young Convoy has a team of his own from Bumble,Rocky,Prowl & Ratchet that can stop the Destrons and other evil villians.

10. Omega_Soundwave

Omega_Soundwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Spiderus, answer this question.

What were you thinking when you came up with the name 'Rattles'? Lugnut is supposed to be a huge, lumbering bot of destruction and Rattles reminds me of a babies rattle.

11. FigmentJedi

FigmentJedi Member

I like the delicious irony that they have to import the toys and watch subbed episodes now.

12. Deadpool.

Deadpool. I want my bird.

News Credits:
    It'll be very strange to see copies of TFA episodes with Japanese subs floating around. Heh. Btw, the prices of TFA stuff there are outright insane.

13. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Given the popularity of the show, it's not impossible to imagine that a direct to DVD movie could be made like the Teen Titans movie that could be used to further pad the series episode numbers.

14. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    And much will undoubtedly be made of that scene where Spittor grabs Red Alert with his tentacles.

15. Usagi-Prime

Usagi-Prime FIRRIB

Agreed. With the headmaster and micron denetsu series, I had to keep myself from barfing from the theme song. Awful singer + awful lyrics + terrible music + cheesy happy humans and robots = Death.

16. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    Its very possible that there ARE eps with japanese subs floating around. Somewhere. Or they'll just dub it like they did G1 and Beast Wars.

17. Reeds

Reeds Q-Wing Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

^^ THIS! muahahahaha!

also that line about Swindle = Balls

good stuff all around!

18. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    Yet another reason why cancelling it now would be a truly boneheaded decision.

I'd love to see what the Japanese'd make of it. Apparently the live action movie didn't go over as well as they were hoping. People say TFA is pseudo-anime anyway, but I wonder if they'd really like it, as much as we do. Then if the show did get cancelled it'd be interesting if they did their version of it, like they did with the anime shows after G1 and Beast Wars.

Seems like Takara are only interested in older fans these days, which in the long run is slow death.

19. darksage78

darksage78 Maximal

How successful was the first movie in Japan?

20. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    What's funny is that I had the same WTF moment when I read Rattles but after you said that it actually made sense cuz his hands kind of look like giant baby rattles.

On topic though, it seems like the whole 52 episodes for Japanese shows would be more motivation to get to a fourth season. I really hope they do but if it's more of a canellation on the Cartoon Network end of things it probably won't happen. I'm also thinking that because it is a CN thing I doubt they be able to even make a 4th season with another company, being that CN probably has some kind of rights to the images/style/show