Customs: Animated Ideas, Need Feedback

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Optimus_Prowl, Apr 24, 2010.

1. Optimus_Prowl

Optimus_Prowl I'm the Goddamed Two-Face

News Credits:
    So I was looking at some of Animated toys and at my Animated Almanac and have figured out some custom ideas and wanted to lay em on ya to get some feedback.

My first is Animated Mixmaster.

For this I would use Wreckgar as ther main body and swap out the arms for Sentinal Prime's upper shoulders and Bulkheads forearms with Sentinals hands. After that I would swap the Garbage backpack with a Mixing drum from Universe Mixmaster, with missile still functioning.

My second would be slipstream.

I would swap the legs from Blackarachnia and and Activators Starscream, resculpting Blackarachnia's legs to look more jetty. and then swap her forearm as well. I would then shave off the bottom of Animated Starcreams chin and paint.

Does this sound good to anyone else or am I just crazy?

2. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

As long as you're sure everything will still work for alt.mode, it should go fine. IIRC, someone hollowed out Bulkhead's arms and fit Ratchet's in there, so i would assume the sand can be said with SP's. Not sure who it was, but it was for a Animated Motormaster.

3. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    it was maximo prime, the mixmaster sounds plausible but i don't know how you'd make ba's legs fit on act. starscream

4. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

It would be practically impossible to do the leg swap on Slipstream, but i think that just swapping the thighs could work. Though to be fair, it would probably be a good idea to scrap the Activators gimmick, just to be safe.

If it were me, i'd personally take a Voyager Starscream, swap the Thighs with a Dlx Blackarachnia, and resculpt the head. I think that would be easier, provided you can get the transformation working.

5. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    I think Treadshot might be onto something with the thigh swap. Yeah, taht was me with the Ani Motormaster - thanks brr-icy! Optimus Prowl, if you need help on that forearm tip, let me know.

6. Optimus_Prowl

Optimus_Prowl I'm the Goddamed Two-Face

News Credits:
    Hmm, looking at the Activator alt mode, I have to admit you guys are right. BA's legs would work. I'll look into swapping them onto Voyager screamer. It's just all those pins :( 

Also Maximo, some tips for hollowing out those arms would be great. :D