2D Artwork: Animated Hound

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Lord Ramulus, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Lord Ramulus

Lord Ramulus Well-Known Member

Hi everyone, I have been working on this for a couple days, and i think i've hit the limit of my skills. I dont have photo or paintshop so i cant do much more. If anyone wants to take it and get it to a "finished" look, please be my guest. For just pen and paper with an everyday scanner and ms paint, its not bad...at least in my opinion.

Here is my attempt at an Animated version of Hound. Feedback welcome.

Attached Files:

2. Lord Ramulus

wow. ever since they merged the art boards, there is way less activity in here...

3. Optimus-wave

Optimus-wave A.K.A. Omega-Wave

hmmm, i think the drawing itself is kind of a little too angular. Also Autobots are known for their melee weapons, not firearms, so thats a little bit of a wrong move. But I think if you try to work on those two things it'll be a great drawing!

4. Lord Ramulus

wow...ok, thanks man...good to know i didnt do anything right...LOL

5. Optimus-wave

Optimus-wave A.K.A. Omega-Wave

no no, its just that there are some things that can be worked at (sorry for the late feedback)

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    It's called constructive critism. You're always going to get some when you post something on public message boards.

He could've been an ass, but he wasn't. He said what he thought needed work and gave advice on how to fix it and even said it could be great.

I agree that is a titch too angular with a few too many straight lines, but the details are deffinately in line with what Animated characters have. And as said, the gun is a bad move. Autobots are the working class, so all their weapons are tools used as weapons. I'd also add some visual reference to a tracking ability, since his name is Hound. Maybe binoculars or something. Otherwise he's obviously Hound and with a few less straight lines would be obviously Animated. You're on the right track.