Minor/Repaint: Animated Hot Rod

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by spoonman, Aug 21, 2008.

1. spoonman

spoonman Kitbasher extrordinaire!

Hello all! Simple repaint of TFA Jazz here. The alt mode just screams Hot Rod. I will be replacing his nun-chucks with more authentic exhaust pipes/lasers and his head will be modified pretty heavily. I'll be working on this all day, so more pics to come. Stay tuned kiddies, and feed me feedback!

Attached Files:

2. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

hey i say go for it. but it could be hard to figure out the wings a little bit

3. Bigbot3030

Bigbot3030 Well-Known Member

Not really. Couldn't you just have them swivel off the roof like the regular one?
    Thats a really good idea. the only thing that throws it off for me is i've always liked hotrod wiht more of a narrow tapered nose, while jazz has the round curvy type. But that pic you've got going on looks awesome.
    Good luck!

4. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Love that illustration. Good luck with the spoiler..it was the most challenging part of my Hot Rod.

5. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    yeah, I think you should give some props to AX23 since he already made this very same project, its the right thing to do. :)  Having said that, good luck with yours.

6. spoonman

spoonman Kitbasher extrordinaire!

Actually I hadnt seen AX23s till you said that. Just checked it out and it came out great. I like how he kept the Elite Guard symbol.

7. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Just a decal. Had to paint over the original.

8. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    QFT.

This is one of the reasons why research really pays off. With a piece like this, you've had an artist who not only pioneered an idea, but through the initial artist's endeavor one can learn a great deal. There have been several artists who have created something (without my prior knowledge), and I come up with a very similar idea then learn that another has already created it. I'll then really examine what the artist has done and say, "I like this and that" and incorporate it, while saying, "I don't think I'll place that on my piece." I've also contacted the artist to pick their brain about a certain piece as well.

Learning and making friends: 'tis a mark of a Radicon :)