Animated Grimlock Is Waiting

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by scourge25, Jun 20, 2008.

1. scourge25

scourge25 Banned

My Animated Grimlock is waiting for me. Someone picked him at a Walmart for me. He had hid like 3 of them. So now its time for me to go and get the King of The Dinobots. I tried to save one at Target but the lady said she could not save a "hot item". I was about to say why but since one is waiting for i said forget it. Most people said he is a good figure? Is he?

2. Kingplay

Kingplay Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ook...

3. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Congrats man...it's by far the best Animated fig I own.

4. scourge25

scourge25 Banned

Thats all i need to hear man thanks.

5. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

I wanna kitbash grimlock into sludge. I think he would make a good brontosaurus.

6. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    I'm really debating getting him. Right now I'm leaning towards doing it.

7. scourge25

scourge25 Banned

Yeah you really should man.:thumbs2: 

8. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Lean further. He's awesome.

9. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    Okay, thanks guys. He's mine. :) 

10. optimus major

optimus major Banned

News Credits:
    he is awesome.....puts my classics grimlock to shame (and i love the little buggar)

even though i had to sacrifice the last starscream they had.....it was worth it

11. Kingplay

Kingplay Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's no debate, he is uber goodness, EZ TO TRANSFORM YET AWESOMENESS :rock 

12. karamazov80

karamazov80 Million Dollar Champion

I hate to go against the grain here, but Grimlock was the only "Animated" figure that I was interested in, and I found him yesterday and bought him. Honestly, I'm kind of disappointed. You can't pivot his head like you could with the G1 Grimlock, his torso slips down too easily in bot mode, and I haven't gotten used to his lame underbite in robot mode. It would have been easy to make his jaw removable so that he could look more like his G1 counterpart, and if I could do that, I would probably like him a lot more. BUT, it doesn't, and I can't, so I don't. He just doesn't work for me, though I should note that don't like the animated style generally.

He is significantly better than that lame-o Classics Grimlock, though, and I scared the shit out of my dog when Grimmy started chomping in his direction. That is always fun.

13. P. Smitty

P. Smitty Active Member

Grimmy Rocks. I just got mine today as well and I can't say enough good things about him. This (though stylized in the animated sort of way) is the one true update from G1 Grimlock - classics doesn't even come close. They've managed to basically use the same transformation scheme as the original with some updated engineering to make it better. Rather than reinvent the wheel - they made the Grimlock we always deserved.

One of (if not the) best animated figures. Hands down.

14. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd like one but I'm afraid of EL ARM PROBLEMO!

But maybe I'll be a lucky as Lugnut and get a PERFECTLY PAINTED PERFECTLY MADE FIGURE!

15. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Grimmy's the best of the Animated bunch. You may want to get two - one to keep in bot mode and the other in dino. But, you may not have that option since they are hard to find and will sell quickly once they're in stock.

16. Velcrohead

Velcrohead Banned

Nobody else has mentioned this, so I guess I will.

Your friend is an asshole for hiding THREE Grimlocks.

There. I said it. I'm sorry, but I've been trying to find Animated Grimlock for a couple of weeks now, with no success, and it's probably because of kids like your friend hiding them.

And of course they won't "save" you one at Target. They will let you take one home, though, if you will give them MONEY for them. Just because you can't or won't pay for him right now, that doesn't mean they have to hold on to one for you, and if you don't get it, oopsie!

I hope some Wal-Mart person found them and put them back. And hopefully they sold out.

17. karamazov80

karamazov80 Million Dollar Champion

I agree that the hiding is lame, but if you are hiding it for specific people, is it any different from buying them yourself and then having them pay you for it? But then, buying up all of a store's stock is lame too, isn't it? Eh, whatever. Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

18. Kilger

Kilger TillAllAnimatedAreOwned

I ordered Grimlock from amazon on Thursday as no local stores had stocked any animated figures yet, and it ended up being cheaper than most of the auctions on ebay, came out to about 25 including shipping, but of course the next day Target had its endcap set up, oh well mine should be here tomorrow.

19. Jordo02

Jordo02 Well-Known Member

grimlock freaking rocks.

20. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

I see nothing wrong with asking the store to hold the item for you temporarily. I mean, if you're going to be at the store within the next hour or less and you're going to be paying for the figure, what's the big deal?

Whether or not they hold it for you for an hour and make a sale, or someone comes and buys it right off of the shelf and they make a sale...isn't the end result the same and one of the two of you will do without while the other wins?

It's always bugged me that people get P.O.ed over something so simple as asking the store to hold an item for you while you make your way to the store. What if it's a long distance trip (25-35 miles) and they're the only chance you have at getting said said item? Is it really going to end the world if you ask for assistance in getting one?

Seriously, some of the things that pisses this fandom off...