Animated Grimlock/Arcee Wedding Cake Topper.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GrimlockAutobot, Feb 12, 2010.

?

Do You Like My Animated Grimlock/Arcee Wedding Ckae Topper Idea?

1. Yes

38 vote(s)
    67.9%
  2. No

18 vote(s)
    32.1%
  1. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Me No Bozo Me King!!

News Credits:
    Here are some pics of what could possibly be my future wife and I's wedding cake topper in May.

What do you think? Do you like this idea? What changes are needed? (If any):

Attached Files:

2. Bent_Lee

Bent_Lee Crippled Asian Rapper

I like it, but I would remove Arcee's swords and wings. And Grim needs at least a bow tie.

3. The Bucket Kitten

The Bucket Kitten Meow... TFW2005 Supporter

This

4. Necrophon

Necrophon Speaker of Death TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Ditto.

5. Octavius Prime

Octavius Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think this all depends on your wife.

If you do a groom's cake and put it on that, I don't see anything too bad about it.

6. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

Maybe add a top hat and veil.

7. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Since you asked for opinions... don't do it. Don't make Transformers a part of your wedding day. Consider the risk of being 75 and looking back through your wedding pictures... you're thinking, "damn, I can't believe I put toys on our wedding cake."

Yes, your wedding should be fun and should reflect the personalities of the people involved, but just to be safe, I'd suggest you ratchet up on the reverent/respectful side of things and downplay the real silly stuff.

8. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    this 100%.......... but like already stated, if you have a grooms cake or a cake during the rehersal dinner....go for it.....plus you dont want your wife to have to explain the toys to people and guests...unless shes that far into transformers as you are....

other than that...the arangement does look cute :) 
    congrats on getting married...welcome to the club

9. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    Wow, and I thought I was a realist about stuff.

I can see where ams is coming from, but I don't agree with it. Putting Transformers on your cake is NOT the worst thing you could do for your wedding. There's a huge list of way worse somewhere.

This is the special day for you and your wife. You should have it be whatever makes you two the happiest, because when you do look at the video, you want it to make you laugh. My wife and I couldn't have any drinks or music or dancing at our wedding because of the type of religion, and we both totally regret not having that after being to our friends weddings later on. The only thing worse than wondering if you should have not done something is not doing it and then wondering what it would have been like if you had.

Do what makes YOU and your wife happy, and definitely put a bow on that T-Rex, and a veil on Arcee. And congratulations in advance!

10. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No don't do it. Does you future Bride even like Transformers or is this something you thought would be awesome? Remember this day is about the two of you and how you plan on spending the rest of your lives together, don't make it tacky by involving toys. I am not trying to be rude or anything man, but go type in Star Wars wedding on you tube, see how lame some of those weddings are and then see if you still feel the same way.

11. GrimlockAutobot

News Credits:
    I understand your point.....and trust me what you're saying has crossed my mind. Having a Transformers cake topper for the wedding cake and a Transformers-themed groom's cake is something that my future wife is doing for me to make me (and what I like) a part of the occasion.

She is in no way a Transformers collector nor is she into TFs as much as I am but, she thinks that the setup for the cake topper is cute and she was the one who was gung-ho on huinting down Arcee at TRU for the wedding.

12. GrimlockAutobot

News Credits:

Yeah we have decided to try and get a small veil for Arcee and a bow tie/top hat for Grimlock....not sure where to find these items though. We're thinking about looking at a craft store......does anyone have any idea where I can find a small bowtie/top hat and veil? THANKS!!

And THANK YOU in advance to everyone for the congratulations!!

13. GrimlockAutobot

News Credits:
    Trust me, this has crossed my mind. I have thought about being old and gray and saying to myself "What was I thinking?". But, I think having them up on the cake would be fun and interesting.

I have been going back and forth with this and have been leaning against it. But, believe it or not, my future wife has been the one pushing for this and she doesn't even collect toys nor is she into TFs as much as I am.

She feels like this is a way for us to be "different" and do something other than the traditional things that everyone else does. To her, this makes the ceremony truly ours and looking back on it will make us laugh and smile. Also, she wants a part of me (and what I like.) incorporated into the ceremony....It's kind of sweet that she's going out of her way to do that.

Besides, if Aaron Archer can do it then why can't I?

Please see what I wrote above.....also, my future wife already ordered me a Transformers-themed Groom's cake. Believe it or not, we were at a friend of her's wedding last September and the Groom's cake was Transformers-themed at that wedding too.

THANK YOU for the congrats!!

That's the thing.....we want our wedding to be fun and interesting and different than the same old song and dance traditions that are at every wedding.......it get's old and boring after a while you know? I don't want to say "What was I thinking?" when I get older but, then again I don't want to feel like I should've done something out of the ordinary that made me happy.....but, didn't.

THANK YOU for the congrats.

14. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cool, if you've thought/talked it through and don't think you'd be embarassed about it later, then it's the right thing for you.

Mazel tov!

15. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

I don't think having two Transformers on your wedding cake is over the line. It's not like you two are going to walk down the aisle wearing Optimus Prime and Bumble Bee helmets on. The focus of the day will be on you and your wife, not a 6-inch toy that's in place of a 6-inch ceramic man that's on top of your cake, all the way in the corner of the reception hall. If anything it's probably a fun little thing you and her will look back on and smile about when you're older. And I'm sure most people at your wedding have an idea that you're into toys.

16. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    then thats awesome!!!!! :)  im thinking you might be able to find a hat from an older penguin or joker figure maybe.........i use a joker hat for my alternity figure..but i would try a hobby shop or arts and crafts....maybe in the scrapbooking section they might have bowties and veils...good luck on the hunt :) 

17. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's cool man. As long as you guys are happy.

If you have an MP Grimlock you could always use his bow tie accessory.

BTW Congratulations :thumb 

18. Prime's Pappa

Prime's Pappa Animated Forever

i just wish I had an Animated RC!!!

19. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    I think your best bet is to buy small amounts of fabric and make the bow tie and veil and you might be able to find a top hat in a fabric store if they have supplies for making dolls

20. Inverse Midas

Inverse Midas Jettisoning weight!

Like some others have said, as long as this is something you and your wife-to-be have collaborated on together, and in complete agreement of, it could be a fun and unique twist on the typical bride and groom toppers. Personally, I don't see it as any more cheesy than the bride and groom toppers where the bride has the groom on a leash, or has his wallet, taking money out of it, etc.

When my wife and I got married in 2002, we originally were not going to put any kind of toppers on our wedding cake, but at the last minute, we thought it would be fun to put a bride Hello Kitty figurine on it that she had in her Sanrio collection (she's a huge Hello Kitty fan), with a super-deformed Zeta Gundam model I had. They were both pretty small (between 2"-3") and surprisingly well-proportioned to each other; it was actually pretty cute. 90% of the wedding attendees were well aware of my wifes fondness for Hello Kitty / Sanrio, and my interest in TFs / Japanese robots, so it wasn't awkward, or a big deal at all. To be honest, with the exception of the cake toppers, it was a completely traditional wedding in all other aspects. Eight years later, both my wife and I are glad we had a little fun with something that symbolized our interests in a subtle way (compared to Star Wars weddings, lol).

Again, as long as you both are for it, and you don't think your friends and family will shun you for it till the end of time, I say go for it!