Animated Good Vs. Animated Evil

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Prime's Pappa, Jun 8, 2008.

1. Prime's Pappa

Prime's Pappa Animated Forever

I thought Split Lip made a good point in another thread about how corrupt The Bot Uppers are with UM's dirty little secrets and a Con head of intel and sentinel just being a total D bag and it got me thinking about how the line of good vs evil is much more realistic in Animated than prev forms of TF. Take animated Megs for example. He tries to come across as being persecuted by the Bots and wrongfully banned from Cybertron. This makes the show more fun and realistic. Any thoughts???

2. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, I've said in another thread that I'd love to see all this come to some kind of head. With all the dirty little secrets coming to light and people like Sentinel getting what's comming to them and Shockwave being exposed and such.

3. jazz4ever

jazz4ever I'm turned on by numbers

yes i agree the good VS evil is way more realistic than say energon or cybertron so in short terms...ANIMATED RULES

4. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Yeah, this is a very fun element of the storytelling. In fact this is only the third time we've ever had truly flawed heroes in a Transformers series (the other two times were Beast Wars and Beast Machines, Optimus Primal at least was a flawed leader especially in Beast Machines).

I actually wonder how much of this is Megatron being a smooth talker, and how much is the genuine truth. I mean, the picture I've got of the Autobots is that they would never tolerate the Decepticons on Cybertron. They're probably on offworld prisons or driven to the fringes of the galaxy. So in that respect, Megatron is spot on, they have been driven from Cybertron.

Of course, Megatron's no hero, he'll do whatever it takes to accomplish his goal. But if the ones he is fighting against, the Cybertronian Elders and Ultra Magnus' peers, are as bad as he is, is Megatron then still a villain - or an anti-hero?

5. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I agree 100% It makes Animated great

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Yeah, it seems that over time the higher ups have lost sight of what they orignially faught for. Optimus Prime is a shining example of what and Autobot should be. Ultra Magnus was probably very much like, say, G1 Prime in his prime. (Double prime! Boink!:p ) A true visionary leading a crusade of loyal protectors against the forces of true evil. The thing is, Megatron was not evil in his mind, he was mearly asserting what his people rightfully deserved.

I wouldn't say that this is quite the same as BM Primal, as he was misquided. He put so much blind faith into the oracle that he could not even see it was being corrupted by Megatron and Tankor. Cheetor did, but because Optimus never fully trusted him because of his hostility towards the whole techno-organic movement he shut him out. He did come around, but it took nearly destroying a planet and DYING to show him exactly how wrong his interpretations of the Oracle's messages were.

Though Animated does have Autobots who are still true to the code that all life is precious. Optimus and his crew for example, Jazz is also worth noting, though he is more naive. Which is great that they add characters like him to each sides to tell us that not everybody on this side is bad, or everyone on this team is kind-hearted.

7. knook

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Optimus is the kinda guy you would wanna punch in the nose if you where in the elite guard :p 

8. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    I really love it, honestly, I could not get into A/E/C at all, Animated leaves me frothing at the mouth every week for the next episode.

I LOVE TF: Animated!!!

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I think that's more Sentinel. If Optimus was in the Elite guard he'd probably try and be everyone's friend, unlike some robots.

10. knook

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    In real life, I'm like Sentinel :lol 

11. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    This realistic look at good and evil is why I love Animated. Things are seldom black or white; they're normally shades of gray. Animated pulls this off wonderfully.

12. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You know... I do wonder what started Megatron's crusade? Were the Decepticons persecuted by the Autobots at one point (say, like in the Megatron: Origins comics?) and he's fighting for what he believes his people deserve? Remember, one man's freedom fighter is another's terrorist or some such. For all we know, the Autobots very well could have been persecuting the Decepticons and the Cons (and Megatron) have lost sight of what they were originally fighting for, because we've seen how a good chunk of the Autobots treat their own as 'lesser individuals' with guys like Sentinel believing that others should 'know their place'.

Which brings me to the Autobots. It's hard to imagine that all the higher ups are corrupt... I agree with Split Lip about Ultra Magnus. When he was younger and first started fighting the war he was probably much like G1 Optimus Prime and was leading his people against what he saw as a rebellious uprising against peace and the ruling council. He probably believed what he was fighting for back than. But, if you look at him now... he seems like he's seen too much and knows too much and is tired and weighed down by the burdens upon him. Even to the point that he was willing to force Optimus into telling everyone that the rumors of Megatron still being alive was all 'misinformation' so that the Autobot forces wouldn't loose hope and the Decepticons wouldn't gain hope. Though, after witnessing Starscream and how Prime was resiliant in his desire for the truth to be known... Magnus perhaps saw himself... or the bot he once was. And I think he sees a younger version of himself in Optimus a bit during those three episodes they were on Earth... some of which can be garnered from his comments to Sentinel (whom I suspect that he's largely less then pleased with a lot, but one does need yes men to do what they say without hesitation as well as soldiers whom hold true to their beliefs and ideals).

13. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I'm almost waiting for Magnus to go "I can't deal with that now" in this regard.

14. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    While I would probably laugh, I really hope not... I mean, it is his job to deal with it...of course, it could be said in certain context where it would be a hilarious and awesome fanwank.

15. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I agree and I feel it is certainly one of the standout aspects of Animated. The cons are, for all intents and purposes, portrayed as the bad guys of the series, but we see a lot more of their side of the story, and Megatron is presented more as a revolutionary than being bad/evil for the sake of being bad/evil. And with the way the non-earth Autobots, you get that sense that not all is right with the way things are being run on Cybertron, which brings even more sympathy towards the cons, which just strikes me in a very good way. Not to mention Wasp, who seems to have just lost it after being detained in Autoboot Camp, I mean..what the hell did they do to him?

16. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I guess Wasp's unhinging just goes to show that torture can do horrible things not just to a person's body, but his or her mind, too...

17. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Megatron as an Anti-Hero sounds good, Just becuase he's Megatron doesn't mean the Autobot get rid off all the dEcepticons, no wonder why the wars keep happening.

Megatron's like G1,Energon and cybertron megatron want to be the last guy left to rule the universe,If they were more like Animated Megatronb with Charastmatic and smooth charm maybe,The other series Megatron could be better.Cybertron Megatron becuase off his badassery, is my favourite Megatron followed by Animated.

18. Prime's Pappa

Prime's Pappa Animated Forever

I would like more back story on Megs to get a better understanding of where his is coming in Animated. He Did have a great story in his Origins comic and would be cool if they had something similair where he was persecuted by the Bots