animated getting shafted?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by mordecai6, Jul 25, 2008.

1. mordecai6

mordecai6 Mexi-con

News Credits:
    so I was walking through walmart today and I was slightly apalled at the fact that all I saw was universe figure pegs and nothing for animated. It just seems so crappy that a great line gets delayed for 6 months becuase of the movie only to have almost everything get released in a few weeks and then, get replaced by universe. Am I the only one that thinks this?

2. Basketball Jones

Basketball Jones Decepticon

The retailers order Universe from Hasbro.

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Aniamted sold out quickly here. Maybe they did there, too? Animated's pretty popular with the target audience.

4. ShadowStitch

ShadowStitch vectoring the hate plague

I don't think animated is getting shafted... it's just a matter of store-per-store stocking habits.

I've seen some stores here that have no universe at all, some that have a little of each, some that haven't stocked anything past animated wave 1, and some that have huge animated sections and hardly a peg or two for universe.... it varies wildly from store to store. I wouldn't sweat it. :) 

5. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    happening at a local wal-mart here BUT everywhere else theres no sign of universe too be found just TF:A p.s. just bought grimlock today he kicks BUTT!!

6. the_scientist

the_scientist Well-Known Member

My walmart had all three lines(movie, animated, universe) stocked in a single aisle all in equal amounts. I was a bit surprised. Basically took up the right side of the tiny little aisle.

7. omega knight

omega knight Chibi lancelot launch

News Credits:
    i dont care just as long as I can find a voyager prime *sighs.* you have dodged me again prime dodged me again

8. SoundMaster

SoundMaster Likes RID Bulkhead.

News Credits:
    I finally found 3 Voy Primes today at wal-mart. Of course 1 came home with me. :)  His alt mode is a bit small, but he definately ROCKS!!!

As for my wal-mart, Its still clogged with movie garbage, with a bit of animated and universe mixed in.

9. Roook

Roook Well-Known Member

I've had problems finding Animated also. I go to a Target on my way home a few times a week and for the past three weeks have seen no new Transformers Animated figures. Last time I went in they had moved their toys to the other side of the store so maybe that's why they weren't stocking them.

I went to a different Target and was again faced with nearly the exact same issue.

So I finally went to Toys R Us, and again, their Animated pegs were virtually empty. And they had just one Leader class figure left.

It's getting frustrated. I've bought nearly all of the ones I've found. But I have never seen a Jazz, Oil Slick, Optimus/Megs/Ultra Magnus Leader class figure, a Swoop or a few others. Tons of Lugnuts, tons of Cybertron Mode Megs, tons of Black Arachnias and Lockdowns.

10. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    in that case, im glad i rushed n got almost all the figures i want.. still looking for animated soundwave and jazz..but i think the local stores here will stock animated for a while..still no signs of universe in mainstream toy stores here...just some speciality stores

11. rodimusconvoy

rodimusconvoy Well-Known Member

Im not sure if you are going to see Swoop or Ultra magnus at retail anytime soon since they havent been released as far as I know.

12. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

The shelves of the stores around here are CLOGGED with Animated so I think it depends on where you are.

13. newguy

newguy i

Down here in colorado all that i can find at target in voyeger/ 2 pack ops and megs tfa products. and the movie deluxe is about 4 hook things wide and universe is 2 hooks wide. all thats left of the movie is repaints of swindle and a couple stockades. Still no animated gromlock. oh well more money for classics.

14. dark69

dark69 BlackArachnia Terrorize!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    my wal-mart just redid the toys and they got all 3 lines but animated wave 3 is selling out fast

15. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Last time I was at Target (about three weeks ago), they still had some movie stuff, but not much. They had a decent amount of Animated, but you could tell that it had been picked threw a good couple of times. Haven't seen any Universe stuff, but I wasn't expecting to see any of that till sometime in August.

16. SilverDragon

SilverDragon YEAH TOAST!

News Credits:
    The Target I usually get TFs from is still clogged with movie stuff. Heck, even a sale before Animated was released didn't shift much (despite my help :D ).

17. Kingplay

Kingplay Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    not shafted in my area

18. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I dont think walmart has reset for xmas yet im sure animated will get plenty of space. Also, this is inventory season so ordering is a little weird.

My walmart just puts out everything so one week there huge on animated and the next its universe. Also another store has a back endcap of animated no where near the action figures, make sure you walk the whole toy section

19. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    out of habit i still cruise the toy aisle and my wal-mart sucks.
    it was only the past week that they have had the first Universe figures. 1 Tankor, 2 Sunstreakers and 1 Prowl. the animated toys aren't much better. i got 1 Prime for a kid's gift, but at any time, there is only 5-6 figures on the pegs and literally no voyager class figures. we still have the larger movie figures.

i don't understand it when the Hulk, power rangers and TMNT figures clogging the aisle.

wish they'd step up.

20. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Yeah for the last month nothing new has been released in Canada...i'l take what i can get in the states.