animated game idea

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by doomtron, Jan 20, 2008.

1. doomtron

doomtron seeker

News Credits:
    i was just thinking a video game for the animated series would be cool. if the put some effort into it could have some replay value. i still play starwars battle front 2 to this day something similar would be cool for the animated series

2. joopsta

joopsta loves Animated

News Credits:
    has to be a 2D game IMO, plain simple like Mario brothers.

3. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I had two ideas for a TF:A game:
    1 - Done like the Movie/Armada game, set all around Earth cities and such, mission based gameplay.

2 - Dynasty warriors style, Sumdacs robots have gone crazy due to Megatrons influence, as your selected Autobot, fight your way through the hordes to reclaim Earths cities from the crazed mechanoids. Once you complete story mode with a certain character, you unlock a Decepticon/New Autobot. (I.e: Completing Story mode with Prime unlocks Megatron/Ultra Magnus)

4. Magelite

Magelite I make stupid look good

I'd like to see a Marvel: Ultimate Alliance or X-men: Legends style RPG to be frank.

5. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

I'd like a Transformers game that's, well, a Transformers game. Could be based on G1, Movie, Armada, Animated...doesn't really matter. Pretty much every TF game that came out has been an action game where you could take out the main character, put anyone else in there, and it'll be the same game.

I think the Movie game did this best conceptually, but the execution failed really badly. Although such levels were not fun at all and terribly implemented, I thought it was a great idea during those Barricade levels where you had to drive around town, chase Jazz, and fight him. It combined car racing and robot fighting conceptually well. Since I failed that level so many times, I have had much time to think about it. Imagine Barricade vs Jazz using the Burnout engine, and you have to force Jazz to transform by ramming him into walls and damaging him. When Jazz transforms, so do you, and the fight begins.

The flying levels were a complete waste of disc space, but I can easily imagine a level that involves human-piloted aircraft and Transformer aircraft, which would require you to transform in different modes to fight effectively.

I ended up going bald from the Blackout vs Ironhide fight, and I must have played that boss fight ten million times. It took me a week of playing to kill Ironhide, and during that week I had lots of time to contemplate how this could have been a good boss fight. It would have been neat if, for example, Ironhide transformed and zipped around town faster than Blackout's legs can run, which would require you to transform, fly after him, and shoot him. It would have been neat if Blackout's guns actually did any damage.

Robot vs Robot fighting could have been more fun by involving the buildings and the helicopter's hover capability. For example, maybe Ironhide goes into a building, and Blackout is too big to enter. So you have to transform, hover, and wait for him to show up in a window whereupon the both of you unleash some firepower. Take advantage of the up-and-down helicopter movement and try to beat him to the roof and shoot him on the way. On the Autobot game, it would've been neat if Blackout or Starscream picked you up and flew up, and you have no choice but to transform and fight them off before you're too high up. The boss fights sucked so much, but didn't have to.

I just left comments about Barricade and Blackout's levels, but I hope it's obvious that I wanted to like the game, ended up hating it. I have a wealth of suggestions that I'm confident would have improved the game, not limited to just Blackout and Barricade-type levels.

So I guess my point is that I'd like a game that really takes "Transformers" seriously as a gaming option. The Movie Game tried, but the game that came out was a poorly-thought-out, rushed generic mecha game that used transformation only as a glorified means to take you from one level to the other end a bit quicker. I'd like to see the next game try and succeed as a fun game.

6. Julliant

Julliant This space for rent.

Good post. I totally agree.

Concept was there, but all else failed. The only decent TF game is Armada. I really hope sometime in the future we will have a SERIOUS TF game that really hits it big like games such as Supreme Commander.

My wants:
    Mission based
    Customizable looks (if it has something like a 3D modelling software in it that would totally awesome)
    Customizable alternate mode (premade vehicles, then modifiably as above)
    Squad team system (multiplayer, and variety in missions)
    Online domination mode (player choses side, fights with others on the same side against the opposition)
    Balanced gameplay (weapons that are actually useful, useable items like shields and grenades, more melee stuff like combos, slams etc)
    Multiple worlds (Earth, Cybertron, whatever - more missions, more alternate modes, more everything)
    Special characters (if playing single player, get to use Prime, Ironhide etc)
    Interactive enviroment (already there, but repeat anyway)
    Downloading content (keeps the game alive with fresh content, bug fixes, etc)

7. Legless Pete

Legless Pete Chairman Kaga

A transformers MMOG would be sweet...

8. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Do it like Dragonball Z Budokai games. Those are always fun to play.

9. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I think an action game would work pretty well, work in Lord of Tetris' ideas. You need to make weapons more effective, though. And make characters more different than "a little faster, a little stronger". Have big, BIG levels with alternate paths for different characters. Like Bulkhead can smash barriers, Prime can use a grappling hook to reach far places, Ratchet can use his magnets to move things, Bumblebee can speed through the tighter gaps. Not sure what Prowl could do - maybe something with those jump jets of his?

10. trebleshot

trebleshot www.Toyark.com Veteran

News Credits:
    Prowl's could be an MGS-style stealth level.