Customs: Animated G1 Soundwave Idea

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by roykop, Jul 15, 2008.

1. roykop

roykop Cassetticon

News Credits:
    OK, So I've wanted to do this custom for a while, but have been holding off due to several design issues. I figure I might as well get the opinion of fellow fans.
    I'm surprised I havent seen anyone else do this one yet, or at least I haven't seen anything but drawings. I want to take animated Soundwave and paint him up in his G1 colorscheme. Below I have attached a sample digibash of his alt mode, since that is where I have the greatest conflict over what I want to do with it. In your opinion, should I leave the colored lines all over his body red? or should i remove them completely and have him be solid blue? In addition, if I am to get his robot mode looking the way I want, I'm going to have to give him white doors with the red coloring on them. I just hope that it's not going to completely ruin his alt mode appearance. That is why I am fairly certain I'm goign to repaint the lines red and leave them on.

What do you guys think? (of the idea, not the crappy digibash! :wink: )

The only other thing holding me back is finding the right toold for the job. I'm going to try using some Testors Spray paint for some of it (enamel), but PLEASE, if anyone else has some better suggestions or ideas, feel free to let me know. I dont wanna mess this one up!

EDIT: I added the mockup for what i had in mind for robot mode too. Not 100% decided on the color scheme for his shins/feet yet either. But I think it's fairly faithful to the G1 concept, while retaining the animated designs.

Attached Files:

2. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oooh I'm really likin' the red, fits with his guitar, also for some extra details check his car's vehicle mode and paint the "Winamp screen" red and black.

3. roykop

roykop Cassetticon

News Credits:
    what winamp screen? the thing where the back window should be?

4. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

There is an Electric Blue from Tamiya that screams Soundwave to me, I'd go for that one. Yes to the red lines, but I would throw some silver accents in there as well, leaving the white alone...and please mod that head! :lol 

5. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeah yeah, that part.

6. anovasinn

anovasinn THE PAINTS MUST FLOW!!!

i am working on one :)  i like your digibash it does not look terriable.

i was thinking instead of red if i went the route you are going i would do yellow.
    i think the version you have pictured would be fine if you like it the silver door does not mess it all up. however it is to brite for my taste. the winamp thinng i would just outline in black and detail in a contrasting color.

my biggest issue with the mold was his head and i am working that out first.