Animated Future Waves...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Ceasar121, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    I was thinking to myself, as I looked at my Tiny Lugnut, that Animated may be the first series in America, in awhile, to be stretched out over 2-3 years.

This got me thinking, since it will probably be the only cartoon series toys will be developed for over the next 2-3 years, wouldn't this line wind up with more than 3 leader molds? I mean recent lines have had 1-2 Supremes and 3 leaders, but the show was only on for one year. I would think we would wind up with at least 3 more leader molds and one more supreme before this line ends. I envision a Leader Lugnut, Leader (new form Optimus), and some character yet to be revealed. And if the Omega Supreme toy turns out to be true, I would look for a Decepticon counter part at some point.

I would also hope this means we get at least all the male Starscream clones ( I mean they pumped out 5 versions of the last Starscream mold for the movie) and would be nice if we get a slightly remolded version for Femscream. If they release two repaints a year, which isn't unimaginable, we could get all 6 by time the shows over. I just doubt the line will be out 2-3 more years, and all we'd get is 3 repaints of the current leader molds, and no further repaints of the Starscream mold. I can't see them only doing new deluxes and voyagers. And for the most part the shows toys have been available in scale (save for Prime, Bumblebee, and the OBVIOUS issues with Sentinel and Lugnut). So I could see Sentinel getting a voyager at some point. Maybe it'll be his Cybertron form, but I can see it.

So other than what we know, like Arcee, Shockwave, Blurr, the Constructicons, what do you think the future holds?

2. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    The future holds massive amounts on gimmimcks

3. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Knowing Hasbro, Mint Flavored Prowl.

4. Moroni Prime

Moroni Prime #TFYLP Podcast

News Credits:
    well, as far as the constructicons are concerned, I stand by my theory.

The animated constructicons that we've seen are Mixmaster, and then Constructicon Leader Scrapper. Also notice, the two they picked from the get-go, also happened to in G1 be Devastators legs. Construction projects always start from the ground up, so I just put two and two together, and figure that mix and scrap will be the legs to a new animated devastator to counter omega supreme/dinobots. I just figure that hasbro wants them to be thought of more as individuals, and to develop the specific characters first before trying to bring in more, or bring in the combined form. Something tells me that Bruticus isn't too far off either. Consider..

Swindle = Armada, Cybertron, Movie, and now Animated, so the Trademark is current
    Onslaught = Newly re-acquired thanks to the partnership with hasbro and marvel
    Vortex, now this one is a little tricky. The name was kinda used preproduction for the e 2007 movie, but the name was eventually changed to Blackout.
    Blackout = Armada, Energon, Movie, so the Trademark is current there too.
    (Decepticon) Brawl = Movie, Again Trademark is current.
    The odd man out here now is just Blast-off. I think it may have been used for a minicon somewhere along the line, but I'm not positive at all. Only name left is Bruticus, and I don't know that that's been used since RiD (3 headed mutt), with the exception of Bruticus Maximus in Energon.

That's my two cents anyhow.

5. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod LarzArz on twitter, man.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Has hasbro released parts to a combiner, but wait to release the rest months later?
    I would love to see that moroni, a devestator and omega fight would be awesome!

6. Kingplay

Kingplay Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    gonna have a room......full....... of animated toys......... shit..