Minor/Repaint: Animated Flarestorm

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by dyingwill3rd, Mar 22, 2009.

1. dyingwill3rd

dyingwill3rd Life is a fabled mystery

Backstory:

Login.....

"Uh. Where am I?"

"You're in the Cybertronian Medics Corp," replied Blaster

"Where's my brother? We were playing around Cybertron's archives when we..."
    "Right here brother," replied a reluctant Jetstorm
    "What happened?"
    "We were attacked by this universe's Scourge. You took a fatal hit for me. I managed to bring your spark back here, but your body was destroyed in the fight."
    "My body???!!!!"
    "Don't worry," said Blaster, "I managed to make a new one."
    "But I thought we didn't have materials to make me a new body!"
    "We did. Your brother gave up his upgraded body for you."
    "Really, thanks bro."
    "No prob. What are you gonna call yourself now?"

The former Jetfire got off the medical bench and burst into flames. Nothing around him seemed to be affected, with all unscorched as he finally said the word

"Jetflare."

Hope you enjoyed the story!

Here is my Animated Jetflare! He was the only one of the twins repainted cause i liked Jetstorm's colors. He was painted metallic bluish-black over all his white parts and got his goggles painted orange.

Together, instead of being Safeguard, they are Flarestorm!

Attached Files:

2. deltaprime

deltaprime The Christian Transfan

Nice. Anything looks better as a black repaint, right? :lol 

3. MacrossFA19

MacrossFA19 That son of a bitch!!!

Ebay:
    Not to be an ass, but I think you could've done a little nicer job with the paint. Looks like you have a bit of overbrush in a few areas. Maybe should try masking tape. Other than that it is a nice color.

4. dyingwill3rd

I did cover the spots i didn't want painted, but apparently some of the paint got through

5. alexcollier

alexcollier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looks like you are being a little heavy with the brush there. It takes time to master but putting on multiple thin coats and waiting a bit between coats is a the key. It should stop paint running under the masking tape.

Nice repaint btw

6. dyingwill3rd

Funny thing is, i started this painting at 8 am yesterday, and finished at 1. Thanks for the nice comment

7. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

To be frank, the paint is a little better than some of your other attempts. It doesn't look caked on and it's not as messy. But it's a little hard to tell with your pictures sometimes.

That being said, there's no reason why you can't clean an inadvertant drop or smudge with some hobby paint thinner. You can find that sort of thing at Michael's, AC Moore, or even the Walmart craft aisle. Just a little dab with a q-tip while the paint is still wet/relatively fresh.

As with your other customs, I'm hoping to see you improve on the next one.

8. dyingwill3rd

Thanks dude

9. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    dyingwill3rd, please PM me your address, I want to send you some free small brushes. I love your ideas, but your execution continues to look rushed and (hate to say it) sloppy. Not only do some of the colors bleed into each other as if you didn't wait for the first color to dry, but some areas look like you didn't even clean off your brush, or paint really quick and "go out of the lines" into wrong areas.

10. dyingwill3rd

Really? thanks dude. I'll send a PM

11. ALPHAMAGNUS

ALPHAMAGNUS Sector70: Reformatting... Veteran

I have gotten much better paint results just by painting the same color on multiple bots. start by planning the "line" by amount of color needed. I find if I paint like this I am less likely to rush into the next color. I am not a "painty" guy either, but realizing that the paint is the final step , yet the 1st thing people look for has changed my outlook on the hobby. you could make the best Custom , but if the paint is off you'll hear about it. I also suggest dyeing the figs before you paint them, my skeletron was my 1st dye job, and I am so glad I didn't have to paint his joints they ALWAYS crack the paint off when you transform.

also , out of curiosity, can Safegaurd be easily modded to show the jet twins heads instead of the "half and half "head he has?

12. dyingwill3rd

Thanks for the tips. When you make the twins into safeguard mode, the heads of the twins actually have to fold in for the combo to work

13. Bumblebee92

Bumblebee92 Wheeljack Fan

good backstory and good custom

14. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Good on Frenzy to hook you up with some brushes.

As for actual painting, assuming this hasn't already been done, I think someone should post a video tutorial (clear emphasis on video) on brush painting. I've checked a few of Nemesis Predaking's youtube tutorials, but haven't delved into them enough to confirm whether or not there's one highlighting brush painting tips and techniques. Either way, this could help you better than a typed out paragraph. Sometimes the visuals can be more of a help.

15. ALPHAMAGNUS

ALPHAMAGNUS Sector70: Reformatting... Veteran

YW, I catch a lot of flak for my paintjobs.

anyway. I plan to use the Twins for my Twobad MOTU crossover. I wonder if just removing the safeguard head would suffice. regardless that mold is PERFECT for it, guess i'll buy it and PRAY! thanks