Minor/Repaint: Animated Flamewar (WIP)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by tabtiurf, Apr 15, 2010.

1. tabtiurf

tabtiurf Chimeracon

So here's the story. I decided to collect all the fembots. But I was only get to get one version of any given character, and one version of any given mold. And I wasn't going to get anybody who was redeco'ed from a dude. I'm trying to do some customs to cover cool characters whose existing toys don't meet the criteria, thus Flamewar.

She's originally TFA Oil Slick with a TFA Arcee head. Entirely handpainted with liquitex glossies and future.

She's mostly done, but the neck isn't actually attached. It's just stuck there with kneaded eraser until I can work out a joint. She can transform, but you have to remove the head and reattach it do so for now. I also have this crazy scheme to build her a worthwhile weapon (Oil Slick's bongos don't really cut it) in the form of a bow made from crazy overblown tailpipes, but no real ideas how to make it happen. So for the time being, this is what I've got. More pics when she's get her bow and her head screwed on right.

Attached Files:

2. Anti-Venom

Anti-Venom Well-Known Member

She is sexy.

3. blastpak

blastpak Well-Known Member

That looks really good.

4. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Wow, this turned out really well! I really like the flames :thumb 

I hope to see more from ya, and perhaps see this one in person soon :thumb 

5. stratonrye

stratonrye Maximal

this is really, really cool. Perhaps the tailpipes bow could be like a pipe or two on each side that detach and partsform to connect in the middle in bot mode and make the complete bow. Just throwing out an idea.

6. deliciouspeter

deliciouspeter Back in Black TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    great idea...never realized how feminine oilslick is.

7. simplygriff

simplygriff ยต - Elitist Dick

News Credits:
    That looks so good!! Loving the color scheme and how you really turned Oil Slick into a chick! :thumb 

Had one idea for the head. Not sure if I can explain it though. What if you take one of the little plastic "clamp" they use to conceal wires against a wall baseboard. The ones I have, have little nails at the edges to keep the wire in place against the wall. Take one of those and connect it inside that grill piece. Then make a O-shaped post on the bottom of her neck that fits inside through the hole where the wire would go. You'd have to make it all together then connect it to the body so it actually stays in place.

AHA!! I found a pic. Something like this but tiny. And they're hella cheaper at Lowe's or somewhere.
    [​IMG]
    For only $2.06 each when QTY 50+ purchased - Circle cable clips with steel nail, 30mm, 50pcs/Pack | Cable tie Mounts and clips

Dunno. First thought upon seeing what you were talking about in the social group. :) 
    -G

8. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

amazing love the new look

9. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    This is awesome. Love the paint work.

Question: Is it that the head wont fit in the cavity where Oilslick's head went?....or you need to figure out how to attach the Arcee head joint to the base?

Also, for the bow, how's about having those extended exhaust pipes "plug" into the existing pipes?...as Stratonrye said, have them detach and partsform to connect in the middle....if there's room, you might could store the connecting piece/middle section/handle for the two parts of the bow in the head storage compartment.

10. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

cant wait for alt mode pics

11. tabtiurf

tabtiurf Chimeracon

Thanks all!

Plowking- the head will stow in the torso. You can only just barely see it, but the neck area no longer rotates for transformation. My plan was instead to attach the neck via a hinge to the back panel. Problems are I have no idea how to fabricate hinges and I'm having trouble coming up with a design that lets the head sit as high as I want it to.

Straton- That's the idea exactly!

Griff- Maybe. I'll have to check those things out.

More pics when I get my act together and finish her off.

12. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    This is awesome! I had no idea the colors would come out that good! Even the flame details pop. Definitely hope this isn't the last custom I get to see (hopefully I'll get to see this in person at the next meetup!)

13. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    Nice job! Never thought Oil Slick could work as a base for a female Transformer.

14. kalron

kalron Technician/Sculptor

When I first saw this one 2 days ago I could not believe the results of taking Oil slick's mold and using it as a Fembot. Nice work on that.

In addition, the paint work is very well done. Love those "bloody" fingernails.