Animated fans PLEASE help me!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by HoosierDaddy, Jul 22, 2011.

1. HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy Decepticon. I'm no hero

News Credits:
    OK, For Starters, I am really working on completing my animated collection. Up front I have decided not to buy the jet (whatever) bumblebee because it is so expensive and not sure if it is a worthy buy since I have Bee and elite guard bee. I am contemplating Jetwing prime but is he worth the buy?

I will not be collecting all the exclusives because finances will not permit. I would love to have the stunticons but I'm not a doc or lawyer so forget that. I am focusing on getting all that is reasonably available.

problem is, i have lockdown and i have blazing lockdown on the way. is it necessary to buy stealth lockdown? Isn't that overkill? I have shockwave and bought another for use as longarm. I have soundwave and have electrostatic coming to me because i want ratbat. I have voyager Prime and cybertronian deluxe prime. Need i buy deluxe earth prime? Again overkill.

I just saw a review for leader prime and it wasn't a good review. I think I will pass. Should I get him? He seems more of a kids toy?

I will post picks of my collection soon and as the new arrivals come i will add them. I do have arcee, green Arcee medic(mooracer?) and blue arcee (chromia) love them! I do have quite a large collection and I am focusing on them until TF Prime comes out. The toys I have just listed is a small fraction of what i have, trust me.

Big question, something i REALLY want, is any third party working on a trailer for any prime figure that will make him look like his cartoon firetruck mode? I WANT that? If so will it be for voyager or do i have to foot the bill for the subpar leader to be able to get it, IF it's even in the plans.

Thanks for your patience for the long read and thanks even more for any advice and comments.

pics of my current collect coming soon, new arrivals added as they come in.

Thanks guys.

2. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    voyager prime is where its at

3. kiyoshioni

kiyoshioni The Knife

Yes, it's called Firemaster and it's for Voyager Prime. Check G1uppers.com or something like that.

They are also doing a menasor combiner kit.
    Also, forget hydrodive bee. blarg. And only get stealth lockdown if you like it, I dont have it and I consider my animated collection complete.

4. theironhulk

theironhulk Autobot Medic

News Credits:
    Jetwing prime is awesome! He's got a cool smokey look to him and his wings are a shiny red. And yeah skip on the submarine bb thing...not that great.

5. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    only thing my collection is mainly missing is wreck-gar and blackout

and freeway jazz who i will make animated silverstreak if i can ever get him

things i don't have:
    the leader repaints
    stealth lockdown and rescue ratchet
    hydrodive bumblebee and wingblade prime
    all botcon stuff

6. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Of the ones you have questions on I have regular Lockdown, deluxe Cybertron Prime and voyager Earth Prime. And I am happy with that. I don't have a current pic of my Autobots but here are my 'cons. My Animated focus is on characters that were in the show.

[​IMG]

edit: hell even that pic is old its missing Atomic Lugnut

Last edited: Jul 22, 2011
  7. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Wingblade Prime is really worth getting, I love it. Put the armor on your normal Voyager Prime, and you have a crystal prime to display as an extra.

8. Dr. Grimlockisking

Dr. Grimlockisking Twitter @GrimlockIsKing TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Shameless plug.....I have a bunch of the rare animated stuff in my sales thread :D 

But honestly, the voyager Prime mold is far and away the best of the bunch IMHO

9. HoosierDaddy

News Credits:
    thanks for the help guys. I will get wingblade Prime then. One more confusion maybe I can get help on. SO, is Samurai Prowl the takara version and the regular is hasbro? I have samurai not regular. If thats the case I better grab hasbro also.

10. HoosierDaddy

News Credits:
    looking now!:thumbs2: 

11. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Nope, both Prowls were Hasbro. If you have the Samurai I'd say that's fine. Just take the armor off for a more first season look.

12. HoosierDaddy

News Credits:
    #%$#@&^% I just paid $50 for a reg because I thought hasbro didn't make the samurai!!:banghead: 

Live and learn I guess. May I ask why the price of Prowl is so ridiculous? they are all around/about $50 on ebay.

13. HoosierDaddy

News Credits:
    Here is my animated collection so far.Still have elocrostatic shockwave coming, Blazing Lockdown, Regular Prowl and if all goes well will have a deal made with a boardie here for a Wingblade Optimus. Any thing I'm missing other then the financial impossible exclusives? BtW, not interested in voyager bulkhead since i have leader. voyager just doesn't fit, Same with Megs.

Attached Files:

14. Autoclot

Autoclot Well-Known Member

Do you mean the supreme class Roll Out Prime?

It doesn't fit in anything close to scale-wise with any of the other TFA toys, so if you actually play at all, or stage photos, it won't fit, but it is big and imposing. It can look quite good if you have a shelf full of other big, imposing figures (not so great by itself, though).

[​IMG]

Granted, it can't quite match the "cool" factor of Cyb. Metroplex or Prime in that line-up, but I think its reputation is (a little) undeserved.

If you can get it at a decent discount price it would be worth it (I think I paid full retail, and that was excessive for what it is).

Having said all that... I could see others on here suggesting you discount the advice of someone who voluntarily bought Ultimate BB :D 

15. Dr. Grimlockisking

Dr. Grimlockisking Twitter @GrimlockIsKing TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think I got Supreme Optimus for $12 shipped, loose, complete on eBay about two months ago.....it's not like it's a very in demand figure, but you hit the nail on the head, it is big, and it is imposing, just not a whole lot to it.

As far as Samurai Prowl, wasn't he a shortpacked later release Foster? I *think* that might be why the price is so high on it

16. HoosierDaddy

News Credits:
    yeah but samurai is affordable and availabe. its the regular prowl that is ridiculous right now for some reason.:confused: 

17. kiyoshioni

kiyoshioni The Knife

Supreme Prime was such a waste of resources. Think of all the other cool stuff that could have been made in it's place...sigh, I miss this line and dream of what may have come.

18. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

prowl is awesome. therefore his price SHOULD be 5X everyone else. :) 

19. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    There's a number of figures you can do without. If you want a semblance of scale, go with Activator Bumblebee- I have both the normal one and the Hydrodive and don't really like either. Hydo is better sized, but the shiny paint stands out too much.

Wingblade Prime is totally worth it.

I think one Lockdown would be enough, I guess I can see two for the different weapons and stuff.

I wouldn't really worry about other exclusives (black Prime, EG Prowl) unless you're really into those decos.

If you're saving up enough to round out the line, it shouldn't be that hard to get the Botcon figures as well, just budget it properly and be patient. I'm a regular retail scrub and I was able to get them, no need for alphabet soup after your name. :D