Animated Deluxes/Voyagers discontinued?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by NGW, Jan 3, 2010.

1. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    So I work at Target, as I'm sure I have shared here. I do in-stocks, which is basically when you go around in the morning following a task list, going aisle to aisle (or in certain cases item to item) based on the tasks and either scan it as out or scan and count how many are there and such (again depending on the task), and later you bring them from the back (if there's any in the back) to restock the shelves or more are ordered.

However sometimes you get a message that comes up asking you to replace the item, you flip the tag around (or cover it with a blank label) and that's that, as it says the item is discontinued and no more will be coming from the DC.

Well, upon scanning our pegs and shelf space for Animated deluxes and voyagers....well, I was presented with said dreaded message.

Not quite sure what this is gonna mean in the long run, mayhaps future assortments are indeed all going to be exclusives, but as of now, we aren't going to be getting anymore.

2. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    How about Activators? My Targets still have them.

3. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Haven't scanned 'em yet (we've still a decent bit on the pegs, but I guess I can check what it says and then void the scan right after), so I'm not sure.

4. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    that doesnt bode well for Rodimus...

5. ROTF Sideswipe

ROTF Sideswipe Scientist

Hm. That may not hold true for all Targets.

6. flamingunicron

flamingunicron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    does this mean they're on clearance?

My bet is they release the rest of the figures all as exclusives, so they would need new assort numbers and all that.

7. all are dead

all are dead Being a nerd is my game.

News Credits:
    ya dont forget not all targets do the same discontinues. one of mine had animated like that for the longest time until the new waves came out.

8. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Just saw this post from the Wisconsin sightings thread:

Bludgeon was just sighted at a Target in Minnesota, so as I hunt for him this week I'll check the clearance end caps too.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2010
  9. *Soundwave*

*Soundwave* Derp

News Credits:
    or, it could mean they will be exclusives somewhere else....? idk

10. deltaprime

deltaprime The Christian Transfan

Did you say Minnesota?! *Rushes to nearest Target*

11. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yep. One of the Targets by my parents' house clearanced them out nearly a year ago.. and then got the new waves again. It's a smaller store so I just figured they did it to make room for new stuff.

12. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Considering we had to wait for last year's Botcon to get news on the fate of Animated toys (along with the pleasant surprises of some previously unannounced releases in the works), hopefully we don't have to wait until this year's Botcon to get the actual release dates if Hasbro drags their feet on this. They have other factors to keep in mind business-wise, I know, but I keep checking this sight and Seibertron hoping Arcee and Cybertron Ratchet will be spotted at retail...the longer I wait the more concerned I get regarding Arcee and the other figures.

13. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My Target has emptied the shelves of Animated. Probably nothing new coming anytime soon. Guess I have to rely on TRU and Walmart.

14. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Last I checked my Target only has Activators and just a couple of Voyagers.
    It's as messy as a Wal-Mart there.

I hope this doesn't mean that Animated is on the face of extinction.

15. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    ^This. Hasbro said they would get them to retailers some how. With the war within titanium grimlock and prowl molds being toys r us exclusives. And more recently with the discontinued universe line getting the target exclusive leo prime. Exclusives might be the way they want to roll this out.

Then again, I have only seen one case of electrostatic soundwave at one target in the area. walmart and toys r us have not gotten into that yet. Then hasbrotoyshop.com has'nt added even those to their listings.

Its january and I've been collecting toys (and working retail) long enough to know stores are sleeping on anything that is'nt a automatic order, Trying to avoid ordering more product when they have to burn though the after christmas discounts.

We may not see anything until after the stores clean up and start a new shelf modification.

16. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    As long as at least one store will be carrying the remaining figures as exclusives, it's not that bad. But if not, I'll at least pour a 40 out for my dead homies.

17. doomtron

doomtron seeker

News Credits:
    i thought hasbro said they would add later classics and animated in the rotf universe?

18. Dally

Dally Decepticon

Ebay:
    :cry  When I was at Wal-Mart the other day I noticed that their Animated selection was reduced to one peg with two deluxe Oil Slicks on it. Just a week or two ago it had been about 4 or 5 pegs with a shelf full of voyagers.

19. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Umm... apparently all this means is that Target doesn't look to be replenishing on Animated stock.

And that makes sense as the line is essentially over and what's left to come out may all just be going to Toys R Us just like Arcee and Ratchet.

20. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    That's fine with me. I prefer TRU when it comes to exclusives anyway, better distribution, more stock, and they stay on the shelves forever, leaving me plenty of time to pick them up.