2D Artwork: Animated "Deathscythe" Fan-Character

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Ligier, May 16, 2008.

1. Ligier

Ligier Sweet Angel Deranged

One thing I've noticed about Animated is that, the gimmicks are more important than the characters themselves (not that that's a bad thing). Sure Optimus and Megatron aren't consumed by any particular gimmick, but its obvious for others they chose a weapon and personality first before tacking a name one to it. What's a better gimmick than a Transformer who emulates the Grim Reaper?

Clearly the idea comes from Gundam Deathscythe, I wanted a dark-colored character with a huge scythe and kibble that makes up a cloak of sorts... His Alt mode is a stealth aircraft obviously (maybe a bomber)... Name currently pending...

[​IMG]

Although he doesn't have a name yet for a backstory, I picture him being a loner-ish member of the Elite Guard that was ordered to go undercover among the Decepticons. Taking this job very seriously he takes up the personality and name of a recently disappeared Decepticon bounty hunter. In conflicts against the Autobots he makes a show of slicing his opponents to pieces without damaging anything vital to function with an almost surgical precision. The only thing that scares him is Megatron and he sometimes can't maintain his fa├žade in front of him, a potentially fatal shortcoming...

2. Masterblaster

Masterblaster FP is funny, not lame.

"ShadowStryke", maybe?

3. trebleshot

trebleshot www.Toyark.com Veteran

News Credits:
    Well, there's always Death's Head, even though he is a pre-existing character. But he is a bounty hunter, so it fits your bio (to some degree).

As for made-up names, how about Shino Ha (Japanese for Blade of Death)?

4. Valdric_gundam

Valdric_gundam Aes Sedai

Deathscythe= Gundam Wing...

Nice scetch thou.

EDIT: sorry about this coment, I have a tendocy of not reading then comenting...

5. Ligier

Hmm... not sure about that... Thanks for the idea though.

If I were going to use an existing name, Darkwing or Dreadwing would do... Death's Head seems inappropriate, since I see Lockdown as Animated Death's Head...

If I were going to name him in Japanese, I would definitely call him Shinigami to drive the reference home. I don't think I'm going in that direction though.

Thanks anyway

I'm thinking "Skygraft" for a possible name... It doesn't mean anything really, but it sounds cool.

6. Sunstorm9119

Sunstorm9119 RC 1136

Ebay:
    Don't you think "God of Death" might scare the kiddies a bit?

As for me, I love it...

7. trebleshot

trebleshot www.Toyark.com Veteran

News Credits:
    That's cool. Just throwing names out there, since you asked. As for the Japanese one, I was goofing around with a translator.

I like that it's similar to "skycraft," but it makes me think he should be a doctor. Which I guess would also fit into your bio, since he uses his blade to cut with "surgical precision."

One more suggestion as a tweak to the above name: Skyscythe.

8. dark69

dark69 BlackArachnia Terrorize!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i like it

9. Ligier

No one has to tell them what it means :tongue: 

Having him have background in medical study is interesting, but it makes his backstory seem cluttered. I'm sure it could fit in somewhere though...

Skyscythe is good too, but doesn't stand out from any of the other potential names.

Heh, thanks.