Animated Cybetronian Optimus Prime's True Identity?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Medri Fogmatio, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Medri Fogmatio

Medri Fogmatio Autobot

For a while now I have been very hesitant to get Cybertronian Optimus Prime.

However recently a fellow TFWer provided me with him and I always wanted him to have his "original name."

Orion Pax.

Remember from G1, how Optimus had a body before he became Optimus. He was known as Orion Pax.

So It might add a bit more appreciation to this mold, if you view him as that, rather than Optimus Cybertronian mode.

2. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    me, i perfer to call him FuFu Cuddly Poops

you can name any figure whatever you want, as long as the toy is good, and he is, it is worth it

3. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    With as many different Primes from the various toy lines, I'm fine with him just being "Optimus Prime". I can see where you're going, though :) 

4. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    Kinda close without mask

5. Medri Fogmatio

Medri Fogmatio Autobot

I just like to give him his own personality, it makes it more enjoyable to me. I just thought people would be interested in this.

6. Ellamin

Ellamin Moonbeam Dreamer

News Credits:
    My primes go from TFA Cybertronian being Optronix, WFC being Optimus and ROTF leader as Prime.

7. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

I actually have mine on my classics shelf as classics orion pax. it's having a face instead of a plate that does it, and he's got a cool truck mode.

8. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

to me it's just optimus prime from another alternate G-1 universe.

perhaps in another alternate G-1 universe the game changes a bit. like animated optimus prime taking orders from ultra magnus. then ultra magnus being a a coma deep within cybertron. then optimus prime becomming the supreme autobot faction leader.

9. OptimusTron97

OptimusTron97 I like the red water

Heh Heh, I love a good Avatar reference.

10. Medri Fogmatio

Medri Fogmatio Autobot

Thats an Idea too.

But I always wanted to have a Pre-Prime Optimus figure. So Cybertronian represents that well.

11. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    What's wrong with seeing this as, oh..I dunno, 'Optimus Prime before he got an Earth mode'?...

Sorry, I never understood why people would want to 'rebrand' their toys, unless it's clearly a certain bot with a different name because of legal reasons.

12. Medri Fogmatio

Medri Fogmatio Autobot

It's a perspective of looking at the figure. I mean, I don't know about you, but I tend to paint stories in my head that don't follow the series completely. I honestly wish they did that in TFA, had Optimus before he went out with Sentinel and Eleta-1 to the one spider world to be Orion Pax.

Also this would be the point in time before he had the name "prime" and Hot Rod turns into Rodimus Prime, a completely different name.

I am just trying to have fun with my transformers, if you rather not, that's perfectly fine, this is just how I will enjoy this figure.

13. TfAnimatedfan

TfAnimatedfan Five. Dollar. Headband.

News Credits:
    But... I wanna call him Rotorstorm :( 

Call him whatever YOU want. To me he's Cybertronian Optimus Prime, but if you wanna call him Orion Pax go ahead. Toys are meant to be fun, go have your fun!!!

14. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I call him Mr. Tickles.

15. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    I just consider that figure as Optimus Minor.

16. Blitzving

Blitzving Has issues...

Ok, this makes sense if you're like, making a photocomic and want to use him or you play with your toys

However, if you're an adult collector and will be using the figure mostly for display purposes, then making up a personality for a toy is ...kind of weird...creepy even.

Unless of course this is your way of convincing yourself to buy a toy that you aren't sure you want. Now, if that IS the case, don't buy the toy, you're just justifying a purchase your mind is telling you that you really don't want or need to make.

That's my rule with Transformers. If there is ANY doubt, I don't buy it. I either want the toy or don't

well... EXCEPT animated Lugnut. I wasn't sure about him because he's so small. But I'm glad I took the chance cause he's a fun toy

17. Medri Fogmatio

Medri Fogmatio Autobot

I take offense to that. I collect the transformers to enjoy and make a story in my head. It allows me to be creative and enjoy them more.

It might be because I am an animator (to be, college student), and this is the mindset it takes to write and animate.

but it's your opinion, I'll respect it, just.. you seem to miss the point of enjoying them... that's how you're supposed to enjoy the figure, at least in my opinion.

18. Blitzving

Blitzving Has issues...

Sorry if you're offended, but you seem to be missing my point. If that toy exists only to stand on a shelf as a display piece, there's not much point in it being given a name and personality (although in this case it's hardly a stretch, since Orion Pax IS Optimus Prime anyway, in G1 anyway).

That's why I ask. do you play with your toys , not like a child would, mind you, but to re-enact stories or make your own ( adults do this with their little warhammer games and what have you). Some people use their toys as a kind of storyboard for their fanfics before writing. . Or do you make comics with your toys?

I mean , I do exactly what you're talking about. But I do it with my little forum comic. I have Leader Ani Megatron and Voyager ani Megatron. But for the comic Voyager Megs is called Megaplex. and I still think of him as Megaplex when he's on my shelf, because when I look at my toys, I'm usually thinking about what will happen with them in the comic.

If I weren't making a comic, however, I doubt I'd look at that toy and think "Megaplex" though

I understand it's your toy and your right to do with it what you want, but what I'm trying to find out is if you really even want this toy to begin with, or like I mentioned before, if "Orion Pax" is your way of justifying yourself to buy a toy you're not sure you really want.

And Cybertron mode Prime is a cool toy. I would have liked him better as a voyager, but hey I won't complain, I think it's cool they made a cybertron mode of him at all

19. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    The "true" identity of the toy, as per the topic title, is Optimus Prime.

Your imaginary identity for the toy though, that can be different.

20. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I never liked the name Orion Pax. I didn't like his Quintessonian head shape, his weird large lips or his voice. It should have been Peter Cullen doing a younger version of the usual voice.

I'm very happy with the Animated Cybertronian Optimus. Since we see him in that body in a few episodes of Animated, especially when he fights a very lopsided battle against Megatron in the ship, I'm glad to have it. For him to use the Orion Pax name would be a negative association for me. But I'm glad it works for you, it's a nice mold.