Animated Convert

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Wingsbr, Jul 25, 2008.

1. Wingsbr

Wingsbr Christian TF Fan :)

News Credits:
    Ok I admit that when I saw the previews last year of both the cartoon and the show I was very disheartened. I told myself then that I would probably not be buying any of the toys or watching the show and this comes from someone who really liked the A-E-C trilogy shows and toys. I'm also a huge beast wars fan so my first (and supposedly in my head the only) animated toy I would buy was blackarachnia. I got her and was actually very impressed with how Hasbro and CN pulled of the cartoony transformation styles so I decided I would get a BB. BB was a big disappointment and I decided NO MORE. Well last week I saw grimmy and slag and decided I would give this toy line one more shot and I must say I am really impressed with grimmy and have found a fondness for animated. Since then I have managed to pick up the Op and Meg 2 pack w/ dvd, starscream and lugnut (30% off at my Target today. 13.00 a piece)....I think the only others I want are Ultra Magnus and Sentinel Prime just for the simple fact that they are who they are and of them never gets his own toy and the other IIRC has never had a toy.

As far as the show, I have only seen 1 episode and it had wreckgar in it. It was a little toonier then I am used to but I could see that it was very well written aka beast wars writing.

So has anyone else hated animated at first, but had a change of mind??

2. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Move to Transformers Toys.

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    First promo pic of Prime: Did not like it, but tried to remain optimistic.

First group shot pic: HATED IT.

First 3 ep pilot: Loved it!

First two serasons: LOVED THEM EVEN MORE!

In the glorious name of Hasbro!

4. Death333

Death333 Otherwise known as Dx3

News Credits:
    I was a little disappointed @ first but like every year the style change always comes as a bit of a shock. Because I know the change is iminent I tend to let my initial reactions slide away. After viewing the first few eps I was completely sold and I think the toys are mad win.

5. Nocturn

Nocturn Doesn't really use TFW

Whaaaaaaaat?

Anyways, at first I hated the cartoon designs, but that changed once I laid eyes on the toys.

6. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    I've never watched the show, but the toys have grown on me.

7. Autobot-Girl

Autobot-Girl is possibly insane

I find the show very awesome. At first I thought the animation style was just... well...wierd. B4 the show came out I had been reading the G1 original comics (1-67 hehehe) and I turned on the T.V one day and there it was, eventually I had to give in. It was awesome. don't judge a book by its cover

8. rikkuluverx2

rikkuluverx2 scout

News Credits:
    i just hated the fact that, the animation in the show wasnt as smooth as i thought it would be, i thought it would be as smooth as teen titans.(big fan of them too), but i got some what used to it, do to the fact that they are robots, and theyre not supposed to move that smooth. xD...

-rikkuluverx2

9. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

The only bad feelings I ever had about Animated was that very first promo pic of Prime. Looked kinda weird. When the group pic was released, I instantly thought 'Sick!'. And now I have the first two seasons on my computer, and I also FINALLY GOT ANIMATED TOYS ON MONDAY! So happy.

10. scouse--13

scouse--13 13

first pic i saw i hated the look then saw the toys on line and thought at least thay look like the show
    then bord watched the show on youtube loved it i had to wait for a bit before the toys hit the uk got prowl hes ace
    so to recap hate it till u watch it then love it

11. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, when I first heard that there was gonna be a new Transformers series I asked myself 'are they trying to tire out the franchise with Unicron?'.

When I was the pictures I though 'Whoa, that's different, but I'll try it.'

When I heard flames by other TF fans on the show I told them all to shut up until they watched the pilot episode as I was interested when I got tired of hearing how they didn't think it would be good (also reminding them about how fans hated Beast Wars before it aired). THANKS DISGRUNTLED FANS!!! :thumbs2:  :D  :thumb 

I was able to watch the series on Youtube before it aired on YTV and fell in love with it. Now I have all the episodes on my computer (until I get both seasons on DVD) have Starscream and Voyager Megatron in my room with the rest of my collection and am looking forward to season 3. :D 

jD001

12. ian5555

ian5555 Well-Known Member

I didn't like the look of the show at first because I generally hate the anime style of drawing but it grew on me.

It's actually the first series where i buy a lose and a carded/boxed version as I usually collect moc/misb items. I really like the toys though but still like the G1 toys more, they are just made better imo.

13. Wazzpinator

Wazzpinator is playin ODST

I hated everything I saw till I watched the show. Now I'm hooked. So hooked, it's probably my favorite series now! (Favorite toyline is Classics though.)

Animated rules. read my the stuff under my name.

14. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I hated the first image of Prime, but the rest I loved.

15. lightdestroyed

lightdestroyed Stronger than all!

I've been a fan since Jump St. Always liked the designs.