Animated Constructicons

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Torque, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    i remember Hasbro saying that they had no plans for these guys-does anyone know why? I mean, Scrapper and Mixmaster have had more screentime than alot of other characters with toys, like Blackarachnia, Oil Slick, and Swindle. They're practically part of the main cast, and yet the two of them are getting the short end of the stick-i mean, id be happy with even a Deluxe 2 pack, and would be PSYCHED if they included Dirt Boss, though if they dont, no real loss. does anyone know why Hasbro failed to make these guys?

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    They never counted on the line ending so quickly. There's other factors, like how popular the characters are compared to others, I'm sure Kickback would love to correct me and be so helpful as to list any other reasons or factors in their development. (or lack thereof)

Seriously, I'm sure he'd know. Go leave him a visitor message about it. :) 

3. TriBlurr

TriBlurr Who am I?

News Credits:
    I think...if memory serves me right, from an older interview......They wanted to hold off doing the constructicons until they could give them proper homage to their roots. Ie Devastator. I think the original plan was to introduce one or two Constructicons per season. then when they had the full crew...we'd get Devastator. So maybe thats what they were holding off on. The ROTF constructicons probably pushed them back as well. If animated continues at all that is.

4. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    message him i shall-thanks Split Lip! and TriBlurr, i bet ur right-im just hoping that maybe this is the same scenario with the Starscream clones-they said they werent clones and repaints. i think they lied lol. maybe it the same thing?

5. realCliffjumper

realCliffjumper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hmmm. Makes sense. Guess we will see what happens down the road. I just want like an Activators Scrapper so he can sit on Snarl! :) 

6. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    I just wnat Animated Scrapper with his drill weapon.

7. Reflector Unit

Reflector Unit Cameracon

Same here. I never really liked the Constructicons prior to Human Error, but Scrapper won me over. Mixmaster and Dirtboss are a couple of assholes, but Scrapper seems like a really cool guy. And he's clearly the levelheaded one (rewatch Sari No One's Home to see what I mean).

8. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    When the Constructicons first showed up in Animated I liked the new direction they took with the characters.

But, I think they are kind of a one-aspect joke that has overused its premise.
    I get it: It's like deys from Brooklyn and dey like to chug da oil.
    I get it. Be done.

I really don't care if we ever see toys of Scrapper or Mixmaster but I hope to God we nver see a toy of the abysmal Dirt Boss.

9. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    Kickback made it seem like they arent getting toys, assuming that the series ends with season 3. so i dont think we'll get toys of them in the Animated line.

Think they could get Universe 3.0/Animated toys? in the same way that the Animated legends toys were sold under the Universe name-maybe the same could happen for the Animated Constructicons?

Scrapper ia a jerk too though-when Bulkhead and Mixmaster got stuck together, Scrap and Dirt Boss left him for dead before the thing exploded. but then again, they are all Decepticons, so them all being jerks isnt all that surprising

10. Brutimus Prime

Brutimus Prime Icepick Enthusiast

Mixmaster is just plain annoying... and I'm not exactly a fan of ROBO-BEARDS, so his design dosn't work for me either.

Scrapper on the other hand is just awesome. I love his design but I'm having a hard time imagining how his transformation would work as a toy.

11. kenny86

kenny86 tapedeck

i don't understand so much hate over animated constructicons. okay, they're not my favs but they're not bad characters, i'd rather say they're interesting and bring something new to constructicons in transformers. i'm neutral for them ;) 

12. Reflector Unit

Reflector Unit Cameracon

That was just business. :wink: 

13. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    As I recall from the Eric Seiberneller (Sorry I probably spelled that atrociously) interview way back when, there wouldn't be any Animated Constructicon toys because the movie was going to have Movie Constructicons and Hasbro didn't want any confusion for toy-buying parents by having them on the shelves at the same time.

14. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    The Animated Constructicons are fully awesome. All of them, Dirtboss included.

Loved the idea with that bit where Bulkhead hired them to do some work for the Autobots on the side. "Who's gonna know?"

15. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    Without a Dirt Boss, you'd have a headless Devastator.