2D Artwork: Animated Combaticons

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Warper, Mar 13, 2010.

1. Warper

Warper Master of the Void

Hi, new here, but no stranger to Transformers.
    Really like the Transformers Animated show, so I made old characters and made them Animated. I have here the TFA Combaticons (Swindle already exists TFA-wise).

Combaticons, Unite!
    [​IMG]

And a Prominent member of the Mercenary group...
    Brawl
    [​IMG]
    "Give me your worst!"
    When it comes to destruction, chaos and devastation, few can match with the rage and power of Brawl. The loud and angry Decepticon is the brute and muscle of Onslaught's mercenary team called the Combaticons and he fits in like a glove. Whenever he's not in battlel, he is often heard complaining (from far away) how he should be on the battlefield, scrapping Autobots left-and-right and only gets any kind of satisfaction is from tearing Autobots apart. He fights with a modified heavy-duty tank as his alt. mode to blast, crush, ram or tear apart in his rage-filled path of destruction.

*Vast array of armaments, such as mine-plow razor claws, cannons, turrets and even himself.
    *Heavy-duty armor covers his shasis, making him into an Unstopable force.
    *Member of the Combaticons.

(Moreorless based off the movie Brawl)

Vortex
    [​IMG]
    "If my tools won't break you, then I will!"
    Unhinged is a word that couldn't possibly describe Vortex and his insanity. The bizzare and mad Decepticon is the interrogator of Onslaught's mercenary team called the Combaticons, much to his amusement. The Decepticon is known to give cryptic comemnts, non-sequitors, maniacal laughs or cruel taunts to anyone he wishes, except for Megatron, who scares him into silence. In battle, he takes the form of an attack copter in the skies, either amused by what he sees or about to finish his interrogation of an Autobot. Either way, he'll find fun somehow.

*Carries loads of tortures devices, such as hooks, claws, syringes, buzzsaws and sawblades.
    *His cargo is large enough to hold plenty of Autobots for interrogation.
    *Member of the Combaticons.

More to come. :D 

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 14, 2010
  2. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Nice,job man!

3. coinilius

coinilius Well-Known Member

Nice work - they all positively ooze personality, and I like the way that there is good range of sizes amongst the members too

4. MenasorMaster

MenasorMaster Stunticon Warrior

Do you make the Stunticons too ? Brawl looks awsome.

5. brawl 56

brawl 56 Aw..crap!

News Credits:
    Brawl is pure awesomeness!
    Great work, I love them :D 

6. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Those guys look like a commando group.
    Are you gonna draw the vehicle modes? Also, don't forget Onslaught's signature twin cannons.

7. Mr. Sinister

Mr. Sinister Cat + Sinister = TROUBLE

Onslaught's "old war hero" look is perfect. I love this.

8. Warper

Thanx. :) 

Thanx, and I haven't even given them their personalities yet to you guys. XD To be fair, their personalities are similar to their G1 forms, but with some differences.
    Thanx, though it hindsight, it might come into conflict with their vehicles mode of whatnot.

I haven't done the Stunticons, although I have some ideas for them.
    Thanx! I am particularly proud of Brawl of this.

Thanx. I am glad you like them all. :) 

I guess you could say that, as they are a mercenary group (or guns for hire).
    I guess I can try my hand at vehicle modes for them, as their vehicle modes are typical war machines, like tanks, attack trailers, humvees, bombers and copters.
    As for Onslaught's cannon thing, that might be a small problem, since I moreorless based his design off of his Energon expy "Barricade", where the front of his vehcile mode becomes his backpack sort of thing. Perhaps I can try to slip in his cannons by extending out of his backpack thing when attacking.

Thanx. That was somewhat my intent, for I had based some of his looks on Energon Barricade and Team Fortress 2's Soldier class, with the large soldier helmet, gruff look on his face and (personality-wise) his zealotry.

9. MenasorMaster

MenasorMaster Stunticon Warrior

Great, i cant wait to see them.
    Will you also draw Bruticus ?

10. iam82nz

iam82nz Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I love that Blast off design

11. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Would love to see this actually bashed. Needs to be created. Sweet Onslaught design.

12. TedimusPrime

TedimusPrime Well-Known Member

He makes me laugh so much. I wish he was real, that would be a hilarious TFA character, especially if he was "by the books".

13. Warper

I am in the works of a TFA Bruticus design, I just have to find a suitable head and design for him...
    Thanx

Thanx. When I first showed the designs to a friend of mine, he fell in love with Blast Off's design. I guess he isn't alone in that regard. :) 

That would be awesome. But who'd be willing to do so? I'm no kit-basher myself... only drawing and such.
    Thanx. :) 

I'd love to see actual TFA Combaticons from the makers of Transformers Animated... and Onslaughtw owuld no doubt be voiced by the Soldier. :D 
    What do you mean "by the books"? You mean he's very lawful in some respects?

Anyway, Vortex is up on the front page! Enjoy!

14. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Great work man!

I like the movie influence you slipped into Brawl!

15. gestalt

gestalt Well-Known Member

I think he meant, that Onslaught does everything according to Decepticon army regulations/handbook/survival guide. Would be funny if he listens more to regulations, than to Megatron himself. :D 

It could be funny if he didn't use Decepticon, but U.S. army regulations instead.

Imagines Combaticons in the middle of the desert. One of Onslaught's comrades wonders why everything is covered in sand. Onslaught while digging a hole for a belowground still answers:
    "Sandy or dune deserts are extensive flat areas covereed with sand or gravel. "Flat" is a relative term, as some areas may contain sand dunes that are over 300 meters high and 16 to 24 kilometers long. Trafficability in such terrain will depend on the windward or leeward slope of the dunes and the texture of the sand. Other areas, however, may be flat for 3,000 meters and more.Plant life may vary from none to scrub over 2 meters high. Examples of this type of desert include the edges of the Sahara, the empty quarter of the Arabian Desert, areas o California and New Mexico, and the Kalahari of South Africa. From the Survival guide of the U.S. Army chapter 13 page 2."
    Onslaught has finished the still and starts on a belowground shelter.
    The other Combaticons stare at him and ask him why he's digging in the sand.
    "A key factor in desert survival is understanding the relationship between physical activity, air temperature, and water consumption. The body..."
    The others interrupt him and ask him if he knows, that they are no organics. He starts citing again, but is interrupted again. The others ask if it's okay to leave now, but Onslaught has them hide under the sand until nightfall, because the guide says so. :D 

16. Warper

Thanx. I really did like the designs of some of the movie Decepticons, especially Brawls, Bomecrusher's and Demolisher's. Those guys are ballin'!

That would be hilarious! XD Thanx for the idea. :D 

17. matsuri

matsuri Sith Decepticon

Nice! good job! I like "Vertex" white color's guy.

18. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

I want vortex as a toy and i want it now. Seriously a nice job and the whole crew but Vortex to me is absolutely spot on perfect.

19. TedimusPrime

TedimusPrime Well-Known Member

This is exactly what I meant. Thanks! XD