Minor/Repaint: Animated Combaticons *WIP*

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Boy who screams, Oct 11, 2008.

1. Boy who screams

Boy who screams Banned

Ok. So instead of making a combiner team, I have decided to make a team of 3 Combaticons, comprised of Onslaught, Brawl and Vortex. To break from the norm, I want them all in their Cybertronian modes, giving me more freedom.

Onslaught: A minor mod of Battle Begins Optimus, with a modded head (beret), added cannons, bulked up chest and repainted.

Vortex: A minor mod of Battle Begins Megatron, with a different head, replacement of the fusion cannon with spinning blades and a new paintjob.

Brawl: A minor mod to Movie Longview, with turret and blades.

Basic Bio
    The story premise for this team is that they are Academy washouts, each having being booted for different reasons; Vortex 'accidentally' sliced his drill sergeant in half, Brawl, true to his name, continually started fights and Onslaught, in an effort to prove himself, pulled an elaborate prank that nearly killed his Academy's Prime.

Together, utilising a plan conceived by Onslaught, they escaped from from Autobot prison and became a crack mercenary team, spreading fear throughout the galaxy.

UPDATE
    As A change of mold for Brawl, I will be using Real Gear longview, as he has more of a Brawl physique. Unfortunately, his turret will no longer be able to rotate. On a story note, he could be such a brawler because of short man syndrome! :D 

Everything for him is currently blu tacced on, and the claw/blade things will be on both shoulders.

Attached Files:

2. underwear-ninja

underwear-ninja Eats Gobots for breakfast

It has potential, design wise. I like the idea of using Lockdown for Brawl, though that'd make him significantly taller than the other two in terms of bot modes.

3. Rijie78

Rijie78 Vinyl junkie.

News Credits:
    Sounds interesting, look forward to WIP pics.

On a side note, makes me think it'd be fun to see a Voyager Prime modded to Onslaught too, but i appreciate you're after the Cybertronian look with your Combaticons :) 

4. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

On the other hand, it's not like he's using the Cyb mode Prime for the base. I agree, the Voyager mode could be interesting to mod too.

I really like the idea of these guys; it's a really fresh and fun take on the team. Obviously Swindle's already turned up in Animated, and is pretty much his old self... so does Blast Off not get any love? Or is it just that you can't find a suitable base mould for him yet? I can see him being a really arrogant and amoral sniper, who's an excellent marksman, but really not to fussy about who he decides to target... :p 
    Maybe he could be a converted Lugnut, with the claw weapon reconfigured into a sniper rifle.

5. Rijie78

Rijie78 Vinyl junkie.

News Credits:
    Good call, my mistake; I confused the battle damaged Prime with the other deluxe... i'll go sit in the corner for a bit.

6. Rhinox555

Rhinox555 Insert clever joke here.

Holy shit i was actually gonna use Lockdown for Brawl.
    Heh, guess i´ll be able to see how it would look then.

7. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
  8. Boy who screams

Boy who screams Banned

Yeah, I was having difficulty finding a good mold for Blast-Off. The problem with Lugnut is that he has too much bulk for an elegant sniper. I was thinking Starscream, but I couldn't think of a good way to mod him. I have plans for a Classics Blast-Off though...

9. Boy who screams

Boy who screams Banned

10. Boy who screams

Boy who screams Banned

Now you can still be the first to use Lockdown for Brawl!
    :D 

11. Terrorcon_King

Terrorcon_King Has Gone Transmetal

News Credits:
    i really like that idea, animated cybertronian modes, Pretty original idea!
    im guessing alot of people are getting into the Combaticons feeling, Good Luck!

12. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

To be honest, I don't see why a sniper necessarily has to be elegant-looking - if he has to be dextrous, he could still be so despite his size. I can see why the arms could be a problem, but since they only make up the engines (fuel pods? Bombs? I'm not very good at this), there's nothing to say you can't replace them with something a little more practical.

Regarding Brawl, I like the small scrapper angle. Again, G1 Brawl was pretty strong, but it can still be as a result of something other than pure size (like an unusually dense superstructure). And his real gig wasn't really his fighting prowess so much as his noise-making talents. He was known for shouting a lot, and making good use of his sonic blasters.

13. Boy who screams

Boy who screams Banned

On the Blast-Off note, I just see him as a rich, young hunter, so very slim, very athletic... although...fat, pompous git...hmmmm....

14. Boy who screams

Boy who screams Banned

Cheers.
    The Combaticons have always been my favourite combiner group. This is probably because, out of the 'popular' gestalts, Bruticus is the only one that looked any good. I mean, Devastator was an insane shade of green, whereas Menosaur was a grey brick with cars attached for arms, and Superion looked the same, except white with planes. Defensor always looked kinda cool, but i guess I just prefer the bad guys. ;) 

15. Rhinox555

Rhinox555 Insert clever joke here.

Menosaur? Oh no, a dinobot in menopause!
    *cough*Menasor*cough*
    :p 

Longview into Brawl? Heh, although it will be cool, i guess it means not all the combaticons are "animated".
    Can't wait to see more pics of this project though.

16. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Technically true, but Longview and the rest of the Real Gear crew, despite being Movie bots, don't really have the Movie aesthetic. With his wide, distinctive torso design and high shoulders, he's quite stylised, and with a few tweaks, I think could quite easily fit into the Animated aesthetic.