Minor/Repaint: Animated Cheetor

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by CZ Hazard, Jul 13, 2011.

1. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:
    Amazing how a little bit of paint can change a figure. This was one of the biggest disappointments for me in years, I loved the idea when it was announced, loved the DJW design and liked the toy images, but then (after picking up two for friends at Botcon for $50 a pop, flying home and waiting a month for my pre-order to arrive at a total cost after shipping and customs of over $100) when I finally got the toy I thought it sucked!

The eyes were too far back, the head sits too far forward on the ball joint and the crappy basic paint-job killed the figure, making it a shadow of its original awesomeness.

Thankfully, the skills of a girl I know fixed it. Following the box art and original photos I bring you,fixed Animated Cheetor!

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. AlanGarou

AlanGarou Well-Known Member

It's absurd that the toy didn't have those paint apps in the first place. They were even on the design sketches! Good job fixing their screw-up.

3. Big_Daddy

Big_Daddy The. Balls. Will. Touch.

News Credits:
    I did the very same thing, but I used a gundam marker instead. Looks a thousand times better and really makes the figure that much cooler :)  I ordered two; one for me and one for a friend, but one had over a dozen QC issues. Got a free replacement from FunPub, so now my own Cheetor has awesome face paint, AND two weapons like in the BotCon comic. FTW! :D 

I will try to use proper paint later on though, because yours definitely looks better than mine. Nice!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looks great! The paint apps for him originally were seriously lacking... makes me wonder how/why people wanted it so badly... well aside from the fact that this is basically completing the Transtech Cheetor -> TFA Blurr -> TFA Cheetor thing. *shrug*

5. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:
    I wanted it because I'm a completest whore with animated. Shocking how much they dropped the ball with this.

6. SideswipePrime

SideswipePrime Reply Dump Extraordinaire

WOW! his eyes are extremely far apart, but good job it looks nice

7. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    @BigPete: Gundam markers are so awesome, dontcha agree?!

^Awesome, simple and miles better than the official release!