Animated Bulkhead sighted in California!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by ranoobu, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Ed Bailey

Ed Bailey Must.. spend.. money...

Having worked for Kmart maybe I can clear things up:

1. Generally all TF toys come packed in the standard issue Hasbro boxes. The distro in Lawrence doesn't really open up toys, usually only cosmetics, small electronics, Health&Beauty crap, etc. When the distro center opens packages and ships them to individual stores, we call this repacking.
    2. That all changes with high demand. The reason you see few Wiis/360s come in when they're advertised as "arriving" (at least this is the case for our region) is Kmart doesn't often get full shipments. Like 3-4 Wiis at a time, 360 or two here or there. I didn't often see this as the case with toys, but I can confirm they had a serious order drought.
    3. If the item was repacked its quite possible the UPC has not been entered/activated in the system. Store employees at the department manager level can edit items within the RMU item management screen, however.

The repack is one possibility, and the most likely scenario, if only a couple of items come in. Most Kmart employees aren't TF fans, so what most likely happens is they scanned a movie voyager, wrote down the KSN, name, price and then entered that in. The other scenario is that the store DID receive a case (doubtful, Kmart NEVER gets things that early), it didn't have a street date (Hasbro boxes are generally a red square with the release date) or someone ignored it, no street date was entered into computer for Bulkhead, and then someone added it in. My guess is someone at the distribution center just started opening up stuff to help get shelves filled. I wouldn't get my hopes up for finding them :-/

Just a lucky find :)  But hopefully that explains why someone wouldn't bother to differentiate the name in the system!

2. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Ah, that clarifies things greatly. Thank you. Granted, I'm not even close to starting the hunt, since I already have all of wave one of Animated, but I do so love a good mystery! Consider "Peaugh and the Mystery of the Astonishingly Anachronistic Animated" closed and filed.

3. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Come on Voayger Megatron.

4. quantumhawk

quantumhawk Retired Allspark Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I called KMart and had them check the UPC code, both with and without the last digit. They said it wasn't in their system.

5. scalan15

scalan15 Banned

I bought this item on Ebay from tamo536

I bought this from tamo536 on Ebay. It's real and the reciept was not a fake, awesome figure, doubt this will happen again in the U.S. Guess it slipped into one of the movie boxes by accident.

6. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Dude you are so lucky. Why can't i find new things that i haven't shown anywhere. T_T

7. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    fyi

i picked up starscream and megatron animated for 50.00 shipped on ebay.they are imports but who cares those are the only 2 i wanted anyway