Minor/Repaint: Animated Bulkhead repaints.. Ranger fans and Dallas Cowboy check this out!!

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by PrimulArchangel, May 4, 2008.

1. PrimulArchangel

PrimulArchangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yup you read the title correct lol ..

I received my animated Bulkhead in the mail today from Plowking and i love this figure lol .. While i was cheking it out in vehicle mode i poped the back of it down and i stared at it for a few seconds and them it dawned on me lol . This guy looks like a Zamboni when his back end is down lol, heck still looks like one with it up lol ..

So this weird and awesome idea came to me lol .. Im going to get me another Bulkhead and repaint him into the NEW YORK RANGERS zamboni lol..

In vehicle mode he will look like a zamboni , it will sport all the ranger logos including there farm team the heartford wolfpack as well as the NHL logo ..

His bot mode will take on the look of there hockey uniform , mainly the goalie Lundquvist..

I think this is the wakkiest idea i ever came up with for a repaint lol .. I scaned his instructions so i could get some large black outline pics of him and i did some coloring in photoshop to see how it may look .. The pics i posted are what i came up with so far.. If anyone has any ideas im open to them ..

I was going to replace his wrecking ball with a hockey puck lol and give him a goalie stick to if i can find one from those NHL figures i seen floating around...

So what do ya think lol , crazy right ? lol

Attached Files:

2. MrMurder

MrMurder Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    that's absolutely ridiculous on a totally awesome level

3. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Man, you have got to do this!!......when you told me the idea I figured it would look cool...but man, this is awesome!

DO IT!! :thumb 

4. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was even think about trying to get me one of the NHL figures of the rangers goalie and swaping the heads out but then i thought it wouldnt have that Bulkhead feel to it anymore .. so im just going to paint up his head like he is wearing one of the players normal helmets lol...
    I have showed the pics to some friends that are ranger fans and they are like " where can i buy it ? " and when i tell them that im making it , they are like " no way " lol ...
    If i can make this little guy look exactly like i can see him in my head ill be a happy camper lol .. Heck i may even take him with me to a game and see if i can get the plaers to autograph him for me lol

5. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ok so i couldnt sleep till i got the idea completely out of my head and onto the screen lol .. Well its about 90% out of my head .. i just got to digibash the back when its closed and the front head on wise..

So i updated the pics with what i think will be the final layout of how Ranger Bulkhead will look in Bot mode lol .. I added a few pics of some game pics so you could compare him to the actual home uniform they wear.. The onlything i did thats a big difference is i put there Liberty logo on his chest instead of writing RANGERS on it .. It would have to be placed on a angle and there really isnt enough room for that so i went back to there jersey from a few years back and used the Liberty logo instead..

Notice his hands i tried to make look like there gloves, outside and inside palm area.. Just imagin the wrecking ball in a puck lol that's why i made it black ..

Also notice i left his face and jaw there orginal colors and painted the top of his head blue to look like there helmet.. I wanted it to look like he is dressed in the uniform lol ..

I did the stripes on the upper arms and lower legs , gave him the red shorts and so on lol ..

Vehicle mode i didnt change up much ,, I just added a few more logos for the MSG and VS networks ..

I cant wait to get another one of him so i can start this lol .. Ok so now that i pretty much have the layout as i wanted it . What do you all think ? Cracked out crazy or what ?:lolol 

New pics are in the orginal post lol

6. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    Too Sweet, Bro
    Not a rangers fan, but the idea is solid.
    Can't wait to see you try this baby out.

7. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    Not a big hockey fan, but the originality of this project makes him off the hook.

8. beigoma

beigoma Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

hilarious! That's gonna look sweet. In robot mode he actually looks like a hockey player with the pads and everything. How about giving him a stick to go with that puck?

9. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cool lol glad you all are liking the idea . Yeah im going to get him a stick from one of the NHL action figures lol. I just photoshoped the back of the robot mode and the back of him in vehicle mode with the back up.. They are the last two pics listed in the orginal post ..
    I think this will be the final version. Oh also going to make his red lights on top that yellow color like they use on such vehicles , i guess its a caution light..
    I think the hardest part will be the decals.. Wish i had a laser printer to print them a sharp as possible.. Ill figure something out :) 

Now i just need to get me another Bulkhead.. Anyone have one out there for cheap ?? PM me if ya do :) 

-Curt

10. LemonPrime

LemonPrime Greetings Programs

News Credits:
    That's a damn good idea! Now I want a Sabres one (old logo, not the slug). Sigh...the Sabres...Anyway, I look forward to seeing NYR Bulkhead.

11. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

That's so bloody daft, it's brilliant! :D 
    To be honest, it'd seem a shame to have a load of marker-scrawling all over it - I think you should make two... :p 

12. Blaster_Prime

Blaster_Prime drank the last beer

Dear god, that is quite possibly the most awesome thing ever...the best way to kick the "got our asses kicked by the penguins" blues

13. NemesisBruticus

NemesisBruticus Banned

I like the look but except for one of the dumbass kids in my class everyone hates the rangers around here. Bring on the sabres.

14. plowking

News Credits:
    I showed your digi to a co-worker today, and he just loved it!!...he's a big Hockey fan...

Man, you could probably make one for each of your fave teams....:thumb 

15. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah my brother is a Dallas Cowboys football fan so im going to make him a Cowboys Linebacker Bulkhead lol .. Im going to start the digibash of that later on i think or tomorrow :) 

16. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey all just wanted to share a small update of the second version of Bulkhead im going to make after the Rangers one..

It will be a Dallas Cowboys Linebacker Bulkhead lol.. I chose number 54 Randy White, one of the greats.. I havent digibashed the vehicle mode just yet but i will soon. This will be a gift to my brother who is a die hard cowboys fan.

So check out the first draft of his bot mode in my orginal post. Its the last pic i believe.

Let me know what ya think :) 

17. plowking

News Credits:
    Looks cool man :thumb 

I wonder what he would look like in Detroit Red Wing colors...or Green Bay Packer colors?.....hmmm....

I think you should just make a whole squad of guys!! :D 

18. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    Nice !!! It's Troy Aikbot :lol 

19. Christopher-2

Christopher-2 Well-Known Member

It's Gutsman!

20. kalron

kalron Technician/Sculptor

News Credits:
    Now here is a bash that could make some cake on eBay. You could do the entire NHL and NFL and make a killing!! TF fans would buy it and Sports fans are just as fanatical, they will buy anything with their team on it.