2D Artwork: Animated Bockscar

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Ravenxl7, Dec 20, 2007.

1. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Hey all. I've been toying with this idea ever since we saw the first (small) pictures of Lugnut's prototype, and have finally got down to doing a digibash of him. I'm also contemplating doing a kitbash of this character once the toy's come out. Here's the back-story to him (sorry, it's a bit long), the digibash of the picture of Lugnut that we've recently seen, and a picture of the logo that would be on the side of his alt-mode (like the actual Bockscar). Thanks for looking. I might update the digibash to better represent the character before his little run-in with the Allspark (explained in back-story), as he needs some battle wounds.

Being the first of his kind, and still considered an operational prototype, it was a bit of a shock when BOCKSCAR sided with the Autobots when the Great War started. His body was built for nothing but war, though having a one of a kind operating system, which was replaced for the production model, often stopped him from battling for long periods of time. Not even his good friend RATCHET could find a way to repair his faulty systems. Unfortunately, BOCKSCAR was deemed unoperational just after the Great War, and was sent into space with his other fallen comrades. However, BOCKSCAR was able to break free from the coffin, and with what little strength he had left push himself out into deep space. Slipping in and out of stasis lock, BOCKSCAR was able to grab a hold of a rock that was passing by. Realizing that he had discovered the Allspark, which was "lost" just before the end of the Great War, BOCKSCAR was able to repair himself, and also fix the many faults that had plagued his systems since he was built. Knowing the importance of the Allspark's safety from the Decepticons, BOCKSCAR hid it near a space bridge portal, where hopefully an Autobot repair team would find it before it could fall into the hands of Megatron. Having never used the Space Bridge himself, BOCKSCAR was unsure of how to get back to his home planet. BOCKSCAR was taking a big risk using it, but he wasn't one to back down from a challenge, even if he had no idea what he was doing. After activating what he thought was the way home, BOCKSCAR transformed and flew threw the portal. Not paying attention to where he was flying, combined with the dizziness of going threw the space bridge, led to BOCKSCAR accidentally flying head on into a moon. After regaining his strength, BOCKSCAR began to study the rocks on the moon, discovering that it was made up of materials almost completely different from that found around his home planet. Deciding to go down to the nearby planet to look for resources to repair himself with, he transformed and started to fly towards it. Barely being able to see where he was going while in his alt-mode, BOCKSCAR accidentally flew into some strange metal device that was orbiting the odd looking planet. Now flying out of control, BOCKSCAR started to gain speed as he got closer to the planet. Knowing that he'll crash land, BOCKSCAR prepared himself, so that he would take as little damage as possible. Weak after crash landing on this strange planet, BOCKSCAR decided to try and find a disguise, as there were notable intelligent life-forms inhabiting the planet. He luckily crash landed next to a military base full of huge bombers. BOCKSCAR picked one at random, scanned it, then destroyed it, and took its place. He soon went into a major stasis lock, as his body was using up all his remaining energy to repair the noticeable wounds on his body. Little to his knowing, the life-forms on the planet would use him for the purpose that the bomber he replaced was for. They didn't even notice that the logo on the side was different, even when adding the two citys to it. It wouldn't be for many years later, that he was finally woken up again by an old war buddy, after a scan of an old war museum resulted in the Autobots discovering that an old plane, was really an old Cybertronian in disguise. Unfortunately for BOCKSCAR, the many years of sitting in stasis lock have undone the healing that the Allspark had done for his systems. Even though he now has his old flaws back, BOCKSCAR feels comfortable, as he's used to dealing with them after all those years of battle.

[​IMG]

Battle Damaged Bockscar (still a WIP)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Locke

Locke Team Vanguard

News Credits:
    Great concept! I immediately thought B-36 when we saw the first prototypes, but I like where you're going with this.

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Thanks :D . I'm thinking that seeing the actual Bockscar in person helped me come up with this idea (I just hope that the Japanese board members won't take this the wrong way). My back story for him is actually turning more into a fan-fic than what I was planning on (though I don't plan on wrighting more than this as it fits in with what we know of the Animated story-line).

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Just added his back-story. It's a bit long, but, I'm happy with it, and it fits with what we know of the Animated storyline (well, it fits imo). Thanks for looking.

5. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    nice

6. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Thanks :D . I've added one last detail about him there at the end of the story (forgot to put it in the first time).

7. Locke

Locke Team Vanguard

News Credits:
    Ah, so you've been to Dayton. It's a great museum.

8. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Yep. I've been there a couple of times. The additions are really nice. Haven't been there in probably 2 years or so, so they've probably added some more to it since I was there. I especially like the Experimental and Presidential sections that they have.

9. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Hey, does anybody think I should ask a mod to move this to the fan-fic forum? It might bet more reply's there, as the back-story I came up for him is quite long, lol.

10. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Update: Added the updated picture of Bockscar. I'm still working on getting the rust to look good, but, I figured I would put it up since I have already done most of the battle damage work to him. Anybody think I should have this moved to the TF Fan Fiction forum? It might get more responses there as the back story I made for him is a bit long.

11. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

the battle damaged one reminds me of wheel jack from armada lol with the slash cross the autobot symbol. like that.

12. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Thats where I got the insperation for it :D .

13. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

That's really sharp.