Animated Blurr Video Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Reviews' started by D Banks, Nov 11, 2008.

1. 0R10N P4X

0R10N P4X Banned

News Credits:
    No. This is a thread about Blurr. The fact that it's presented to you in video form should be secondary. It's not about camera techniques, how many views the review is going to get, how much money was spent to obtain the figure or who got to review it first. When you post a review, the review is about the figure and the comments should be about the (super awesome in this case) figure.

2. Optibotimus

Optibotimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    yea but when teh look of the figure, in my opinion is greatly reduced because i can't see the thing...that should be mentioned...sorry

not to mention this message from the author of this thread...

"Hey guys, heres my review of animated deluxe class blurr mint in box. check it out and let me know what you think."

3. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Oh, I was actually just trying to answer Michael Dracon's question, I wasn't commenting on the review itself.

4. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Well, some of that should actually be leveled at *me*. I was the one who talked to a few other reviewers a couple months ago when there was first talk of these figures being available "any day now." I asked if I could be the first one to review Swindle, since I love the character and wanted to do the first review. Banks said that would be fine if he could do the first Blurr review. There wasn't any sneaking around on anyone's part, we just talked about it. Since Blurr was his favorite character and Swindle was mine, it seemed like an easy deal to make. I'd talked to Sean about it as well even before I talked to Banks, before he lost his job and wasn't able to buy the early figs.

There really wasn't anything hidden or shady about it, just a simple agreement between the few of us who get these early so everyone could be happy and be the first one to do a review of a figure they cared about. Talking it over seemed a better way to go to avoid another repeat of the whole "Silverbolt" mess.

5. 0R10N P4X

0R10N P4X Banned

News Credits:
    :D 

6. panzerjedi

panzerjedi Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Having a digital camera isn't an excuse. Sure it won't be as high a quality as a regular video camera, but it can still focus. You just have to learn how to use it correctly, that's all.

7. AndreyOfDoom

AndreyOfDoom maximize

News Credits:
    Geez stop hating guys. All that happened is that Banks reviewed a figure. Pay attention to the review itself. He did not review it as a "look look I got it first." By now we all know that Peaugh had it first and made a deal with Banks. Get over it. Both of them will do the review of the same figures in the end anyway. Thanks for the look at Blurr Banks.

8. Optibotimus

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    well since that part of the message isnt' really there...umm ok

9. Optibotimus

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Banks has done this before though, with sean. Trying to get the first look at a figure. Surely you see that. My same disagreement with you, about only doing figures before they're released is the same problem i have with him. I've since stopped thinking that way for you..however..how many reviews has he done that wasn't a early review? Maybe one out of his 50 some reviews. But still, to negotiate on who gets to review a toy first is insane to me. Since you mention silverbolt, if people respected you, if you asked for a request, i can't see why it can't be honored. Same as silverbolt...but to havin to say..."you can do blurr if i can do swindle" shouldn't happen. You shouldn't have to give up reviewing a figure "first" just because you want to do another one. I don't know...why the hell does it matter who does it first?!

10. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:

I see your point, but the fact is, that's pretty much how it went down. I simply asked if I could do Swindle. Banks didn't demand to do Blurr first in return, he just asked if he could. I didn't have any problem with that. There was always the possibility that someone else could have gotten one first and beaten both of us to it. And that would hardly be the end of the world. Hell, I could've gone ahead and done mine on Friday when mine got here, but I gave Banks my word he could do the first review. It didn't hurt me at all to let him do so, and there was no reason to go back on that. Like you just said, why does it matter who does it first?

11. Michael Dracon

Michael Dracon Operation: Find Allspark!

Okay, now I see the problem. Both you and D Banks did transform it to the best of your ability. I don't think it can be any better than that.

But it's now very clear to me that it is indeed was supposed to be horizontal in the first place. You can see that it was molded in such a way that it should go flush against the rear wheel. In fact, the black and red on top is clearly made to fit together snugly asd well. It's just that the black hinge that's sticking out on the bottom is preventing all of it to fit properly. It's probably something that they changed in the design of the robot feet and didn't think it would affect the vehicle mode like this.

So I'm going to call this one a design mistake, not a mistransformation.

PS: Just to be sure that everyone gets this. I never intended on attacking any of the reviewers. I just was convinced it should have been transformed differently.

12. Anti Spark

Anti Spark It'S DUB Or Nothing!

News Credits:
    :rolleyes: God forbid a non-tfw memeber does a review.

:D 

13. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    This entire thread just reconfirmed my thoughts that people bitching about video reviews should STFU already and that video reviews in general need to disappear. :/ Old fashioned text and pics FTW!

14. 0R10N P4X

0R10N P4X Banned

News Credits:
    IMO, written reviews tend to be boring and/or incomplete. If you say "cool/crap", "excellent/poor articulation" or "great/simplistic transformation", it doesn't mean anything. If you see the toy in action, now you know what you're dealing with.

15. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    Wow, this thread has proven what it says on the side of so many of these boxes. Ages 5+

So I'd say what? 6, 7 year olds?

Honestly, if you have learned that you don't like his review style, don't watch. I my self am a fan of Sean Long and if his review isn't first I wait for it. It's not like I am going to go see the new Halo movie by Uwe Boll if it comes out a week before the Peter Jackson one. Get my drift?

Fact of the matter is you are demonstrating the exact kind of behavior that gets hobbies like ours labeled as "freakish" and "desperate". Ripping on a review that you know you are not going to like is counter productive.

Not shut yer yappers before I stuff a Armada Sideswipe repaint down em.

16. Optibotimus

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
  17. biigdady69

biigdady69 Martimus Prime

Hey Man. I've seen a TON of your reviews, and I don't mean to sound mean, so please don't take this the wrong way, but tell your camera person (wife, sister, whoever) to be quiet. Having her talk over you and and her 2 cents in on the review really makes you look a bit unprofessional. If you all wanna do some tag team reviews, get her in the screen with you, and have someone else (or the table) hold the camera.

Again, no disrespect, I just think you'll earn alot more cred if you keep the talking for just you. :) 

~BD69

18. xSEANxLONGx

xSEANxLONGx Big Kid

News Credits:
  19. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Animated Blurr

Never happened.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2012
  20. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor