Animated Blurr Pictorial Review!

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Peaugh, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Before we get into it, You'll notice some of my pics disappearing for a bit. A lot of it is due to my mother-in-law giving out the guest password to my photobucket account to too many people, so I'm leaving the pics of my daughter up at my main site and moving my transformers pictures to a separate photobucket account. It could take a while, so please bear with me. Anyway, just an FYI, let's get to Blurr, shall we?

Got mine on Friday, if you've seen D Banks' video review you'll know why the wait.

Blurr is pretty nifty; better than I expected but not without flaws. His alt mode, aside from the antenna placement, is very show accurate. Sleek and fast looking, to live up to his name (I just noticed his right side taillight is pushed up higher than the left. It's not a flaw, I just didn't catch it during the shoot):

[​IMG]

His saw blade gimmick can be activated in alt mode as well:

[​IMG]

He's normal sized for a deluxe alt mode, just slightly longer than Lockdown and a little smaller, height-wise:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Transformation is pretty intense, with the legs folding down from their attachment near the shoulder area of the torso, and the arms folding up from the waist region and swapping places. A few twists and turns after that, and you've got Blurr in robot mode:

[​IMG]

Notice that the feet can actually be rotated around to move the red taillight to the rear and make the foot look more like a foot and provide a little more stability. Also, each "toe" (front and back) is on a ball joint, so you can get a lot of posability and stability from the feet:

[​IMG]

This lets you put him in some neat running poses as well:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

His saw blade can be attached as a shield, and you can leave the blade folded up or deployed:

[​IMG]

If you prefer not to use it as a shield/weapon, it can peg onto his back. The back flap has two peg holes placed there specifically for that purpose, they don't have any function in vehicle mode:

[​IMG]

Robot mode is a decent size, taller than most, but still shorter than Lockdown:

[​IMG]

VERY skinny though if you look at him from the side:

[​IMG]

Only problematic in that the thin legs with the top-heavy robot makes his knees very weak. He can stand up fine, (and can pull off some crazy poses if balanced correctly, as shown above) but if leaned too far backward, he will topple over backward at the knees. The knee joint is a simple pin, so you can't tighten any screws around it to fix the issue, and I have not yet been brave enough to attempt glue/polish. The knees don't bend forward, so he's actually pretty stable provided you're not trying to have him pull a "Neo dodging bullets on the roof" type of pose.

He looks good with the rest of the Elite Guard, too!

[​IMG]

And for those wishing to display him with your Classics figures:

[​IMG]

Overall, he's a solid figure with a better than average (for this line, which is already pretty accurate) representation of his animation model. Could benefit from a slighty thicker leg profile in robot mode, as well as tighter knee joints, and his shoulderpads are just a TAD on the large side. not enough to knock him down too much, just a little...off. I think he's right there on the line between A-/B+, depending on how he's posed.

Video review is available here:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  2. SoundMaster

SoundMaster Likes RID Bulkhead.

News Credits:
    I'm surpriesed that he is almost as tall as Lockdown. Definetaly picking this guy up.

Oh, and Youtube is saying that I can't view the vid because I'm not logged in. I don't have an account!

3. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    A bit taller then I would've of hoped, but besides that he is one of the Elite Guard members I'm looking forward to the most.

Which is all of them besides Jazz. I already own him.

edit:
    Why is Ultra Magnus's right shoulder gun pointed towards Jazz and Blurr?

4. drill

drill Gotham's White Knight

News Credits:
    Damn, they really need to go and redo Sentinel Prime as a Voyager. Blurr puts him to shame.

Blurr was a figure I was not going to buy...but damn, he looks great!

5. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    LOL. Accident. He's holding his hammer in that hand, so I guess when I folded it down to make room for Blurr and Jazz I pulled the shoulder down a bit as well.

6. all are dead

all are dead Being a nerd is my game.

News Credits:
    the vid says its private.

7. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    I'm aware of that. I'll be making it live later to allow Banks to have the spotlight for a bit. I'll make sure everyone knows when it's ready, but I wanted to get the link in the review so it's ready to go when I make the video public.

8. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Sometimes I just wish people would just let Darwin's theory play out...

9. Optimus_Prowl

Optimus_Prowl I'm the Goddamed Two-Face

News Credits:
    Peaugh superior, D Banks inferior?
    :wink: 

Edit: Also the review is awsome, I can't wait to pick this guy up. Yay Seaon 3 G1 cast!

10. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    because of SP's bulk he'd probably hit the voyager toy 'mass' upper limit (if there is one) and only be an inch taller than he is now.

11. panzerjedi

panzerjedi Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    QFT!

It's nice to be able to see the toy for a change. =)

12. Nocturn

Nocturn Doesn't really use TFW

Awesomesauce.

13. Xhairs

Xhairs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    he looks pretty good for a TFA fig. i might even pick him up.

14. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nice, can't wait until he & Swindle hit retail, hopefully on Black Friday. Can we get a pic of him with City Commander, Henkei Hot Rod & Botcon Springer?

15. Dremare

Dremare Had an Epiphany

If he's going to be released on Black Friday, I'm so going to get him and Swindle.

16. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Sure!

[​IMG]

17. Dremare

Dremare Had an Epiphany

So why is the video review private?

18. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    Oooh! Oooh! I know this one!

19. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That was fast, thanks. You already knew somebody would ask for that pic & had it on hand to post didn't you? How about one of Blurr trying to push the Animated Dinobots like in the '86 movie when he was trying to get the Dinobots in the shuttle?

20. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:

i posted a thread a while back asking who thought blurr could conceivably be universe like, his rather odd g1 bot made me feel that his animated incarnation could also fit the universe line, most seemed to disagree with the idea but this photo perhaps shows what i was thinking, then again weve got cybertron/animated and universe (well plus upgrade) and things look good together!