Animated Blitzwing - The Activator (Hypothetical Discussion Thread)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Reflector Unit, Sep 6, 2008.

1. Reflector Unit

Reflector Unit Cameracon

So, I've been thinking...we have Activator Starscream, and we're getting Activator Megatron. I support the idea that Hasbro should make an Activator Lugnut, just because we'd have a Decepticon faction with a cartoon accurate scale, and let's face it, Leader Lugnut has little to no chance of being made (imo)

So, let's say, hypothetically, they do make Activator Lugnut. That leaves us with one glaring omission from the main Decepticon roster: Blitzwing.

So, a triple changing Activator is not something that I see as being very practical, so, in a world where Activator Blitzwing becomes a reality, which altmode would you prefer for him? The tank, or the jet?

And for that matter, which personality? Icy, Hothead or Random? I assume that an Activator also wouldn't retain the rotating faces gimmick.

2. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Obviously if it were forced to one alt mode it be accompanied with the proper face.

Not sure if Random would warrant one...

I vote for tank because a chibi ahnold and tank sounds awesome.

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I personally don't think they'll make one. However, if they did, I would want it to have the jet alt-mode, which would then most likely come with the icy face. That way he can fly with the rest of his Decepticon brethren. Lugnut would make an interesting activator. Not sure I'd get him, but he'd be interesting to see.

4. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    but too many jets might be a bad idea since starscream will be repainted to death.

5. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I vote for jet because I want a perfect Blitzwing jet and I love the show's Blocky jet.

6. GeewunGrimlock

GeewunGrimlock Well-Known Member

Activators Blitzwing? Nah. Hes getting too overrated for his own good.

7. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    I'd want it to be the jet mode with the cool face, but I can see Hasbro doing the tank because of there already being three jets in the size by the time it would come out (Screamer, Tcracker and Ramjet).
    DN

8. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree with what Shark Jumper said & make 2 different ones. They could even do the same for Bumper Battlers.

9. Reflector Unit

Reflector Unit Cameracon

Blitzwing is overrated...and yet he's in your sig pic. I find that hilarious in an ironic way

10. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    Why not both?
    One turns into a tank with the hothead face. The other has the Icy face and turns into a Jet.

The Crazy face should get his own fully articulated non-transforming action figure with hilarious action gimmicks.

11. Locke

Locke Team Vanguard

News Credits:
    I would think that you would have to do the plane to get the robot mode to look right.

12. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    This.

Crazy face MUST come with a voice chip.

13. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    i like the voyager's tank mode more, so i say tank..however, it makes sense to make a jet mode, so that he can fly around with the other cons..and i hope they keep the 3 faces!

14. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod LarzArz on twitter, man.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, the faces thing shouldn't be much of a hard task to do. All it would have to be is a spinning joint, not that difficult I would imagine. As for which mode, I don't really care, just as long as the robot mode is nice and in scale with Lugnut. Though I would like ze jetplane because the voyager one looks so lacking IMO.

It would be damn cool to see them pull of a spring loaded triple changer though.