Animated Blitzwing- Still worth it?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Stune, Jun 18, 2009.

1. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you didn't get him yet, go for it. He's a great figure and looks really good with the rest of the Animated 'Cons. Especially when you consider Animated will be going away soon, while RoTF will be on shelves for next, what, 2 years?

I love my Blitzwing and have never once regretted getting him. I saw him once here in Taiwan, and snagged it without a second thought.

2. Viper08

Viper08 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Definetly one of my top 5 figs for animated, get him while you can :) 

3. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Yeah, I was on the fence about Blitzy, but the day I found the one Uni. Inferno I'd ever found at retail, I just decided to get Blitzwing and see how he was (and my friend wanted him desperately, so I had an outlet if I disliked the toy).

After somehow disasembling half the figure to free it of all the annoying elastic bands, he was an increadibly awesome surprise. Like I said before: go get him if you can!

4. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    For the record, that IS show accurate.

Anyways, I'd definitely recommend him. He's got an awesome tank mode, a great robot mode, and a so-so jet mode.

5. Omega_Soundwave

Omega_Soundwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Blitzwing is one of the best Animated figures.

The Jet mode isn't that great, but the tank mode is awesome, the way it compresses a voyager sized robot into a deluxe sixed vehicle with no kibble at all. The robot mode...

is fucking. Amazing.

6. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
    He's great. A lot of people don't like the treads being seen in plane mode, but he has them visible in the show as well as in G1.

7. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

Favourite toy of the TFA line.

Not the best... just the most-loved.

8. odeean

odeean Infiltrator

News Credits:
    I've got to say that I don't like him that much. If you like the Animated line then he is good enough to get to be complete. If it was a choice between him and Wreck-Gar, Skywarp, Voyager Optimus, Shockwave or Grimlock I would say pass. I do have one but he is one of the few I don't have two of.

9. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i love animated toys overall but for some reason blitz is my least favourite voyager alongside the horrible cheap feeling sunstorm. I dont find his transformation especially satisfying despite its relative complexity, i also find his robo mode only so so. I got him to 'try'. sometimes i'll like a fig more than i expected, sometimes less, in this case it was less, by comparison i didnt feel i'd like cybertron megs but after getting him (admittedly for $8) i really like his robot mode and find the TF quite fun.

10. Vizer

Vizer Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I like him quite a bit, my only complaint is his cannons can't go over his shoulder in robot mode. He is still a nice Animated Voyager.

11. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    NO. Blitzwing is the worst TF toy I've bought in the the last two years. It's awful. Terrible alt modes, and a very subpar bot mode. Pass it up.

12. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Get him GET HIM NOW!!

13. butz

butz slippery when wet

I really thought he was a good Animated figure; I'd say get him.

14. NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman Well-Known Member

Really? Wow, I didn't realize his upper forearms were switched. I can't seem to find the link to his feedback on the site; can anyone help so that I can see what the fixed forearm swap looks like?

In my opinion, go get him. He is indeed floppy in both alt modes, but if you look carefully and transform him patiently, you'll see where little tabs and such are supposed to go and somewhat lock in to make him a bit more stable. Aside from that, he's still a nice overall figure. He really does have personality and character in person, something I really loved about the entire TFA line.

Have fun!

15. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    It's actualy near-impossible to detect, the giveaway being the pins are exposed on the wrong sides of the upper arms when in robot mode, otherwise the bot mode looks perfectly fine. The fix is easy, just pop off the arms at the bottom of the sholders, unscrew the elbow joint and remove the upper forearm on each arm and replace with the other upper arm, then simply screw it all back up and re-attach the arms. While the fix does next to nothing towards improving the already pretty good bot mode, it DOES make the jet mode look a whole lot better as the pointless purple panels then do not push the back of the jet up all that much.

16. Stune

Stune Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    well I ended up paying 6.66 for him 0.o creepy huh.

He'll be here in a week.

Thanks for the help guys =) It's great to have gotten such a great response and wide variety of opinions.

17. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

One of the best Animated figures I own, m y only gripe is the jet mode, but every triple changer has one weak mode. I say pick him up. He's definately worth it. He has a nice little tank mode and the face changing gimmick is cool if you get bored of one face while displaying him.