animated blitzwing opinions

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Jordo02, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Jordo02

Jordo02 Well-Known Member

this is mainly to the people who have him i suppose....i am debating on getting him...but what are the major pros/cons?

thanks in advance!

2. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    great figure, very few cons...its a triple changer, which is a pro for me...the jet mode is alright, its got tank tracks for wheels, so its a kinda unique looking jet..some might not like it..i find it alright but i love the tank mode, its just awesome!

the robot mode is flawless, really...imo....definitely get this..immediately :D 

3. zeroXII

zeroXII metallicon

News Credits:
    For the alt modes, they don't really lock well, so it can feel rather loose, particularly the legs, coz there seem to be no pegs there to really snap it in place.

Robot mode, he's pretty decent, though the arm poseability suffers abit because of the way they're jointed to the back wings.

4. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If you like triple changers and don't mind the odd aesthetics, go ahead and get him. He's gonna be hard to find for a while too.

5. Optimus_Prowl

Optimus_Prowl I'm the Goddamed Two-Face

News Credits:
    If only I could find the damn thing. I've been saving these Mcdonalds coupons for what seems like forever waiting for him and Magnus to come out.

6. salmonman78

salmonman78 Mordin, my hero

If you find him get him. Like someone else said, the legs don't really lock in and the arm movement is a little meh, but that is nothing compared to how damn cool he is. People complain the tank treads are visible in jet mode, but in the show they are as well so I have to say a show accurate triple-changer is a must get.

7. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    do the tank tracks show in jet mode in the cartoon? i havent seen that, maybe ur right...
    and the joints arent that loose on mine...on mine, the wings dont join in perfectly for tank mode, but it feels quite solid still...i really like this one...get it asap, and yeah, its gonna be hard to find

8. misterbinky

misterbinky Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Robot mode is definitely the best. The face changing is really fun, but vehicle mode isn't very impressive. Mine doesn't feel nearly as solid as the other Voyagers but individual results seem to vary. I'm not a big fan of the treads in jet mode, and the tank doesn't thrill me either, but I really like the character on the show and again, robot mode is a hoot.

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    The robot mode is severly lacking, with the awkward thighs, flat arms, stubby cannons and shoulder-mounted wings, but the jet and tank modes look really nice.

10. Death333

Death333 Otherwise known as Dx3

News Credits:
    I hear a lot of peaople saying the legs don't lock in the alt modes. Seems everyone is skimping over the two pegs on the bottom of the jet thrusters (launchers) which lock into the feet (jetmode only). Also, there really is no need for them to lock in (see following pics). The ratchet joints provide more than enough stability to keep the legs intact if you choose the alternate transformation (also see following pics) for jet mode. My main complaints here are the gap seen in the pics and the fact that the nosecone and cockpit don't have locking tabs. It's not a problem unless you accidently knock them out of place but it is annoying.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here's how you close that gap on the top of the altmode:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tank mode is solid and again, no need for any locking tabs. This is the best out of the two alt modes IMO. Where the jet has the gap on the top (or sides depending on positioning of the rear wings) The tank mode has none. Very solid and rolls well too.

Robot mode.... Absolute love. Proportions are nice, joints are everywhere and great. I'd also like to note that the wings DO NOT hinder posability. Yes, they're attached to the shoulder but it's the back of the shoulder and the piece they're attached to moves side to side and back and forth with the wing so they don't get in the way at all. My only real complaint in the mode is the open hands but that's more of a personal thing and really they're necessary for transformation so all is forgiven.

11. dark gundam

dark gundam PowerMaster

Robot Mode. Great. Nice and bulky. articulation is okay and he can pull off some great poses. The face changing feature is very cool. The only thing he is lacking in this mode is weapons.

Jet mode. Slightly boring, he looks okay from certain angles but the clearly visible tank treads kill it. The wings are a little on the small side as well. I guess some sacrifices had to be made.

Tank Mode. Looks great and holds together nice and solid, he is a bit smaller in this form and the guns not being able to move up and down is weak.

Overall still a great figure that shouldn't be passed up.

12. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I know about the footy pegs, but they don't really hold things in place for crap.

Guess I'm not seeing what exactly is 'alternate' on your alternate transformation.

13. dark gundam

dark gundam PowerMaster

The treads are visible in the show but nowhere near as much as they stick out on the toy
    [​IMG]

14. Vladakris

Vladakris Predacon

Yep, but only so much can be done with a toy, a budget, and plastics. Probably my favourite Triple changer, and animated figure.

15. dark gundam

dark gundam PowerMaster

Agreed.

16. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    yeah, the tracks do kinda show in jet mode....thats totally fine then :D 
    oh and yeah, i forgot to mention the face change thing...also very nice

17. Death333

Death333 Otherwise known as Dx3

News Credits:
    Look at the top of the jet. When he's transformed according to the instructions (using the pegs) you wind up up with a giant gap between the main part of the jet and the section that contains the rear wings. You also have a height difference of about an inch where the rear wings are lower. In the second set of pics I've unpegged the rear section of the jet and lifted up and foreward to meet the front portion of the jet in both height and horizontal space this closing the gap.

18. darkmgmstr

darkmgmstr Blue Lantern Corps Member

His robot and tank mode is freakin flawless. I have no problems with either of the modes. His jet mode is where I have a problem. I feel the figure is more loose in jet mode than his other two modes. The head can come off easily on my figure and i have a hard time setting the tail end of his jet mode in its right spot.

Regardless of what, he's a great figure overall. Get him while you can since he is especially rare to find.

19. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Oh that's what you meant. I was under the impression that there was something special to make the legs/treads more stable (than on mine anyway)