Animated Blitzwing Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Peaugh, Apr 29, 2008.

1. Obvious Prime

Obvious Prime Purple Repaint

News Credits:
  2. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Making a Transformers toy incorporate parts for two different alternate mode is not an easy feat for designers. But, because fans love it (read: write in and bitch constantly), a couple of Triple Changers are sent out into the market every so often.

Case in point- Blitzwing, formerly just another G1 background character, has been given another chance to strut his stuff!

[​IMG]

Primary Vehicle Mode is probably the Jet form. It looks OK to me but I can understand why some people aren't fond of it; the tank-treads doubling as landing gear isn't really a standard military design. Aside from the visual problems, the Jet form doesn't really lock together all that well.

[​IMG]

Tank form is definitely the superior Vehicle. Everything locks into place right where it needs to be and ends up looking great.

[​IMG]

Now, in Robot Mode, Blitzwing's second most noticeable feature is put to use- his multiple identities, represented by a rotating facial gimmick a la Man-E-Faces.

I'm going to assume that most of you know what Bltizwing's faces look like, but just as a point of reference he's one part Col. Klink, one part Gov. Arnold, and one part Kremzeek. Nice characterization for this SOB.

Articulation is great, but could stand some improvement. I kind of wish he had a waist or that the wrists could have some additional movement.

And it is worth mentioning that the missile launchers CANNOT be positioned to launch from over his shoulders like the TV character.

[​IMG]

Aside from his articulation issues and the tank-tread Jet, Blitzwing's a fun Voyager toy and a welcome addition to my Animated shelves.

3. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nice review man, but the last picture is totally uncalled for.

4. ElekTriC

ElekTriC Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    if you look a few pages back.. you will see it can :p 

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I think he meant without modification. Still, it shouldn't be too hard to find a pose where he can aim the launchers and not look weird.

6. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If that were the case, I wouldn't have modded mine.

7. ElekTriC

ElekTriC Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    still.. you didnt show us a picture from his back or told us how you did it :p 

8. SilverDragon

SilverDragon YEAH TOAST!

News Credits:
    I must. Have it. NOW.

9. blitzwing200

blitzwing200 Member

if u don wanna tell us how 2 do it at lease show us the back i might figure out how u do it

10. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

Oh man.. this figure is pure win.. easily my most anticipated figure of animated line. I want to get two so I can keep one MISB for all eternity. bwahahaha. Seriously aside from the jet mode (which is a shame that there's some flaws with the toy however small) there's very little not to like about it. Great reviews and photos.

Onesock, can you put up a walkthrough to mod his turrets so they can shoot forward in bot mode? I'd like to give it a try if it's not too difficult.

11. brawl569

brawl569 Autobot

hey peaugh lovly reveiw off this guy on youtube love how you make your reveiws short btw i realy want optimus prime and bumblebee from argos

12. blitzwing200

blitzwing200 Member

heyguys........ MINE CANE TODAY............................!!!!!!!:) 

13. blitzwing200

blitzwing200 Member

I Moght Post Pics

14. blitzwing200

blitzwing200 Member

hey peaugh, i think u r wrong the back of my blitzwing in jet mode,fits in ok it dosen hangs around....it stays!

15. blitzwing200

blitzwing200 Member

i also LOVE the tank mode

16. D Banks

D Banks Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Animated Voyager Blitzwing Video Review

Hey guys heres my review of Animated Blitzwing, Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  17. MaikeruSan

MaikeruSan KnightStalker

News Credits:
    Awsome! I heard you got Jazz, Soundwave, Snarl! I also saw on ebay where you got Leader Megatron!

18. firstpredacon

firstpredacon CybPh Convoy Council

News Credits:
    TF Animated Blitzwing Review by CybPh

Finally, the last of the first batch of reviews by CybPh's ALeX:

You can view it in our Messageboards and Multiply Site.

Transformers Animated: Voyager Blitzwing Review

[​IMG]

Blitzwing marks the return of the classic G1 triple-changers in the series. This time he appears in voyager form with more gimmicks and more persona's to boot.

Alt Mode:

[​IMG]
    His default form in package is a jet. No gimmicks here, no landing gear even on the nosecone, other than the thrusters being able to fire 2 orange projectiles. The tank treads are clearly visible but its what also keeps him off the ground.

[​IMG]
    Going into tank mode simply involves splitting the panels the hold the wings open, tucking in the nose cone, rejoining the wing halves and folding the thrusters to form the turret. It's a bit compact though quite hefty but its nice that the turret has 360* movement. I just wish that the wing tips snapped on together since there is a gap between what appears to be a cockpit.

Bot Mode:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    From tank mode, its just a matter of unfolding the tank treads and opening up the panels built onto it to reveal Blitzwing's feet. His arms are of course, tucked beneath the wings. Simple reveal the head and peg the turret onto his back and we're done.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    His default face is his lovable blue monocled one though the neat gimmick is that you can rotate the faces around to switch personalities. Each one is nicely done and does capture the "character" on the show. My only beef with it is that the helmet is a bit soft and does seem prone to warping (esp when you hold it to move the head).

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Poseability? wel he's got around 16 POA's though no waist movement. His arms are severely hampered by the wing kibble as well. He's pretty stable though thanks to th big solid feet. I snapped an arm out of place while posing him as well but its fine since it simply pegged back into place around the shoulder-bicep area.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Comparing him (and the other voyagers from previous lines) with dlx Soundwave though, he is frikkin huge (even dwarfing Voyager Lugnut) as seen on the pic with him squatting.

Overall a great toy and a welcome return for a classic character. Simple transformation, the gimmicks make sense (no stinkin auto-morph here folks) and he's a huge chunk o plastic. Grab him when you can.

Blitzwing gets a 5/5

19. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    A few things:

Blitzwing's robot mode turret is mistransformed. The cannons should fold up better so they end up higher up. (See Peaugh's review).

As well, I think that the cockpit folds up more in jet mode - right now, it's slanted downwards.

Overall though, a good review.

20. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    we appreciate you sharing all the new reviews today, but we already have several Blitzwing reviews going on in our feedback section so I'm moving this one over there. Thanks.