Minor/Repaint: Animated Blitzwing Cannon mod *slight change new pics*

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by crosscharge, Sep 30, 2008.

1. crosscharge

crosscharge Classics tinkerer

Ebay:
    Hey everyone,

Ive been lurking around here for a while now, but never really had anything to post. Ive only somewhat recently gotten back into collecting and haven't dared touch any of my transformers with a brush or a screwdriver. . . until the animted line. So many of your helpful posts turned mediocre toys into ones Im proud to have on my self, so I give many thanks for that!

Anyway back to post. When I got my animated blitzwing I was really happy with him, except for 1 thing, his cannons didn't fold down like they did in the show. So the other day I was bored and decided to fix this problem.

All I did was take a pen from work (one of those thicker clicky pens) and chop it off into 2 sections. Lego has a creater series product line that has these clicky joints. I stuffed the lego piece in the pen after some grinding down. Cut a notch in the pen so it can bend down level. Next I traced the back of blitzwings cannon on to a piece of plastic from lowes, cut it out and drilled a hole through the middle. 5/8 if I remember correctly. Glued it all up and slapped some semi gloss black paint on it and now Blitzwing can fire his cannons with out taking a bow.

Hope you found this helpful. This was a fun little project and has really got me interested in modding. Hope to have more stuff for you guys latter.

*Slight Change*
    Instead of adding a piece to hide the joint, I just cut longer pieces and cut a deeper notch into them. Havent painted the new longer pieces so bear with me on that. Added pics of what they look like in both alts and what it looks like now when hes transformed (with them flipped around to be a bit more aesthetically pleasing) I like the tank mode. . . jet is a bit iffy.

Attached Files:

• b5.jpg
      b5.jpg
      File size:
      138.1 KB
      Views:
    • b4.jpg
      b4.jpg
      File size:
      113.8 KB
      Views:
    • b3.jpg
      b3.jpg
      File size:
      271.9 KB
      Views:
    • b2.jpg
      b2.jpg
      File size:
      233 KB
      Views:
    • b1.jpg
      b1.jpg
      File size:
      132.7 KB
      Views:
    • b6.jpg
      b6.jpg
      File size:
      130.4 KB
      Views:
    • b7.jpg
      b7.jpg
      File size:
      152.9 KB
      Views:
    • b8.jpg
      b8.jpg
      File size:
      125.3 KB
      Views:
    • b9.jpg
      b9.jpg
      File size:
      121.9 KB
      Views:
  2. MrMurder

MrMurder Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    hell yeah, that's badass. how does it look in tank mode? i imagine the turrets may look kind of goofy being so far extended.
    and does it affect jet mode at all? (only ever transfomed mine from jet mode, thought it was the crappier of the three) so i can't remember where they go in jet mode

3. anovasinn

anovasinn THE PAINTS MUST FLOW!!!

wow you like the tank mode rather than the jet mode i am the opposite. i hate the tank mode.

anyways thanks for the post bro and please alt mode pics i wanna see how good it looks i see the longer turrets as being a + in tank mode and possibly a - in jet mode.

4. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    Love it, Love it, Love it! Awesome mod! Was waiting to see if someone was going to try their hands. I dont know if I want to go that far with mine, but just seeing it is making my hands itch.

5. crosscharge

crosscharge Classics tinkerer

Ebay:
    Ill post some more images later of alt. modes. But as I was at work today I wondered why I didnt put a "canopy" over the front half. . . so It will look more of a cylinder when it is straight out. So hopefully Ill get to that tonight.

Btw, this piece is completly removeable so if you dont dig the longer cannons you dont have to, but is it shame to add kibble to a kibbleless transformer?

6. Paul Prime

Paul Prime Well-Known Member

The more I see this this figure the more I want it. And now, seeing how cool it looks with your mod, I want it more. Congratulations, you are the one that convinced me to boy an animated toy.

7. dark69

dark69 BlackArachnia Terrorize!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i'm so trying this!