Minor/Repaint: Animated Blitzwing Arm Cannon Modification

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Dormamu, Sep 13, 2008.

1. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    So one day as Animated Blitzwing was sitting around, I wondered about some comments from the other posts about the fact that his cannons don't point forward.

That was when I noticed that the cannons themselves separate very easily from the turret, and also have a groove already on them that was part of the firing mechanism. I also noticed that the tabs that lock his arms together in alt mode aren't that much wider than the cannon grooves.

So with a little shaving with a modelers knife, I was able to fit the cannons onto the arms as you can see from the photos.

What you will want to do is shave about 1mm off of the side of the tab on the bottom of the arm that locks into the other arm side. You can see which side from the closeup photos. DO NOT shave any plastic off the top of the tab, only the side, as it will ruin the arm locking effect for the arm mode. Try setting the cannon hole on the side to the tab now, and it should fit snugly. If it's not right, just shave a little more, but not too much.

The cannon may still sit a little away from the arm, but it's still perfectly good for aiming, firing, etc. I also find keeping the firing button to the inside of the arm works better for firing accuracy. The cannons will also reattach to the backpack and he can transform back to alt mode with no problems as well.

With this minor mod finished, all thats left is to show off his guns. Literally.

I'm sure someone will come up with a pivot mechanism that will work well to extend the cannons a little further on his turret so he's a little more show accurate (gee, thats a good idea too!), but in the meantime, I hope you enjoy my first mod. It may be minor, but I'm pleased with it.

Attached Files:

2. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Wow!...that really is a cool little mod you worked out there :thumb 

I also :lol  at the fact that you took the time to change Blitzwings face for each pic....thats priceless :D 

3. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Well this is certainly interesting! I absolutely love the personality that Blitzwing evoks of each of the photos. This mod really adds to the figure.

I've also found that some of the smallest mods can make some of the biggest differences! Great work and I'll be glad to see more work from ya, buddy! :thumb 

4. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    welcome aboard, don't be a stranger here.

5. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Don't worry, this one lives near me. :lol