Animated Blackout

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by cougarcat13t, Oct 26, 2010.

1. cougarcat13t

cougarcat13t Man In Black!

Are they releasing him in america?? Other then buying it off of bbts or eBay??? I want... no, no... need him!!

2. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If you want him, get it now ... otherwise, your going to probably be left out in the cold.

3. cougarcat13t

cougarcat13t Man In Black!

man I had a feeling!! I love animated such a shame that they stopped it!

4. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

Agreed, one hundred percent.

No other Transformer toyline was anywhere near as fun for me to collect. I love all my Animated toys, even the Roll Out and Command Optimus.

If you want a Blackout, I'd suggest getting it online. I think Blackout is one that Hasbro won't be releasing.

5. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

it kinda would make sense for hasbro to release animated blackout in the generations toys line. as the generations line is suspose to represent updated homages from all previous TF toy lines.

but then again hasbro didn't release other things that made sense like the alternity figures & the robot masters toys.

6. unchained5150

unchained5150 Time to Disappear. TFW2005 Supporter

Alternity nor Robot Masters would make any sense for Hasbro to release. They're expensive and most likely wouldn't pass the safety standards that the US has.

Now Blackout does make sense but, they've moved on to a new direction. I'm just glad that Blackout has been released and that Classics are continuing strong!

7. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

Alternity minus the diecast metal could have easily sold for $14.99. like the $14.99 or $19.99 alternators toys did.

Alternity could easily fit in the TF2 toy line as hunan allegiance deluxe sized figures with a borrowed human figure from the $29.99 HA toys.

ofcause I would prefer the alternity figures get called different character names & colors for the hasbro versions. like maybe having a alternity seeker colored yellow & orange & called sunstorm. having the prime alternity figure called one of the 13 primes from the live action TF movies. have the megatron alterntiy figure be called cryoteck.

Robots masters are basic sized figures. and could have fit into any TF toy line. like AEC,Animated & so forth.

8. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Did those prices you came up with involve detailed studies?

Also, Robot Masters were mostly repaints of molds that have already been released. So I think you're complaining about missing out on three new molds, at least. Whoopdy doo.

9. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Back on topic... I seriously doubt we'll ever see Animated Blackout as a general Hasbro release, and certainly not part of whatever catch-all line is currently running at the time.

I know stuff like 'Reveal the Shield' can incorporate movie, hybrid and classics designs, I just think it's unlikely for Hasbro to shoehorn Animated in there as well as it is just too different an aesthetic to the other styles IMO. Kids wouldn't really know what it was (especially since Animated will have been off screens and out of most stores for a couple of years or more by the time anything could potentially be released).

10. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I'm sure if there were a chance Hasbro would get them out there - but as more and more time passes, the odds of it happening are decreasing from slim to none.

If you want him, I implore you - get him now! All signs point to him and the other Japan only releases staying in Japan and becoming increasingly hard to find.

11. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

He's worth the import price.

12. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd get him ASAP, I can't see Hasbro bringing him or the much-wanted Voyager Thundercracker out. By all accounts they had to work hard just to get TRU to take on the two recent waves of exclusive Deluxes, logic dictates they'll have an even harder time convincing a retailer to sell more expensive toys, especially when earlier Voyagers are barely moving on clearance so long after release.

13. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    Your least worst hope is a TRU exclusive.

And that will be months off, if ever. Just buy it now and get it over with.

Incidentally. It's a horrible toy. It's like they took Lugnut, removed all the positive aspects, and exaggerated all the negative ones.

Ah yes, we all remember how much retail support Alternators got.

14. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] BATTLE GAIA!

News Credits:
    Blackout TFA Japan import = Yes. :D 

15. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    I... kinda liked Blackout. It is true his proportions are best fit with Lugnut, but aside from that everything was awesome about him.

16. aey103

aey103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't understand why Hasbro just doesn't go the same route as the Seacon re-issue and offer it as an exclusive to an online retailer like BBTS or Entertainment Earth. They spent money on creating the Blackout mold, why not use it. While not as much to the same extent as a transformer, they spent time creating the last wave of Star Wars comic packs and are offering them via EE.

17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Blackout's one of the figures that has gone through the entire production process as stated by the Almanac 2. Like Rodimus and Ironhide. It's unlikely he'll never-ever get released stateside.

18. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I don't collect animated figs that don't appear in the movie, but I may make an exception with Blackout because I really like the toy. I was hoping Hasbro will release it in the states but I may have to go for the Japanese version eventually. How much is the market value for it now?

19. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    about 40-45.

20. FCatCH76

FCatCH76 Autobot