Animated Bee is annoying?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Rexidus, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I watched Animated in a vacuum. I didn't see/hear what others were saying about the show.

And in that vacuum, I liked Animated Bee. He pulled off the immature, impatient young guy who likes to just rush in. Even now I can't recall any time he acted annoying to me. I also really liked the voice actor for him. I prefer WFC's voice actor (then again I grew up on Power Rangers so that might be influencing it) but Animated had a great voice.

But every time I see this character brought up on these boards it's negatively. So am I alone in liking this version of him?

2. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

I didn't think he was too bad.

3. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

No, I like him a lot in Animated as well.

The Prime version, however, is beyond ridiculous. Makes G1 Wheelie look Shakespearean by comparison.

4. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

At least Prime BB can kick some ass and doesn't use a slingshot...at least he's not as annoying as Bumblef*cker from the movies

5. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I do agree that R2-Bee2 in Prime is... well I wouldn't call him annoying because he's barely a character to me. But I've raged over that far too often so I'll leave it at that.

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    I like Animated Bumblebee. He's a smart ass but he means well, and though he's made mistakes he tries to make up for them.

:lol  at "Bumblefucker", how delightfully typical of the fandom, :lol  even more at the pointless censorship.

Prime BB is infinitely more annoying than any Bumblebee ever because of his beeping. Not talking is fine, but the sounds they chose for his "speech" are fucking irritating as hell. They always sound thirty times louder than the actual voices and the fact that they string along like it's supposed to be real words is incredibly dumb. Give me Movies BB's radio or pained wheezing typical of someone who actually has a vocal injury over BEEP BEEP any day.

7. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    Takara wanted Hot Rod as the cocky young punk type. Hasbro wanted BB. So it was a bit of a compromise.

Personally, i find him much less annoying than other on screen BBs because he gets things wrong...and he's kind of meant to be annnoying. G1, Movie, it's like there's always someone tappping you on the shoulder telling you how cool he is.

8. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Not even close. Takara had nothing to do with it. Hasbro originally wanted Hot Shot, (since at that stage in developement this was still not long after A/E/C, when you think about it) later on Derrick Wyatt suggested Bumblebee instead, and what with the movie just being released...

9. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    Couldn't stand Animated BB for a couple reasons:

1. Granted, this stopped by the end of the show but there were a number of times during seasons 1 and 2 where he was just a right a-hole to Bulkhead.
    2. The way he handled the whole situation with Wasp was as much if not more assholish. I mean, the best he could do was offer a half-hearted apology after Wasp had been driven completely insane and hideously malformed? Tool.
    3. Animated BB was Miko before Miko was Miko -- with his complete and utter inability to learn his damn lesson.

Had no sympathy for the guy when Wasp and Ironhide gave him crap during bootcamp. He needed to be put in his place way more often.

10. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Animated Bee is my favourite incarnation of Bee. That guy was awesome.

I miss Animated :( 

11. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    But looking back and considering episodes like Autoboot camp, it makes sense. Bumblebee gave up his potential future career in the Elite Guard to keep Bulkhead from getting kicked out of the Autobot service. You've gotta imagine he has some misgivings deep down, but as you said this eventually faded away as they became closer pals.

That was tied into the entire depressing theme of the episode. By the time BB finally owned up to what he did it was too late. It paralleled how Sentinel's atitude caused Elita-1 to become Blackarachnia. Wheras Sentinel hated Blackarachia and tried to kill her, though, Bumblebee tried to make amends with Wasp.

This is incorrect, BB did learn his lesson. By the end of the series he was much less rash and foolhardy. His upbeat and hyper personality never changed but he wasn't as pompous as he was at the start of the show. Miko, however, is unchanged from day one of her borderline mental deficiency. Still stupid, still a trouble maker. Unlike Miko, Bumblebee was useful. Miko can't fight and she knows little if anything about the Transformers. And unlike Bumblebee who's screw ups put him alone in danger, Miko routinely risks the well-being of those around her.

12. The Ramjet

The Ramjet Get. Out.

Animated Bumblebee is by far my least favorite 'Bee.

13. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    TFA Bee was an insubordinate little punk. I relished every single time he got manhandled by the Decepticons.

14. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I thing I hated the most was how he and Bulkhead handled Wasp. Bumblebee was so butthurt he couldn't just apologize and Bulkhead made him go away because he deserved everything he got just because he was a "jerk."

I mean, really? Good job practically creating a Decepticon, guys.

15. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    ^This.

Honestly compared to Prime and Bayformers. Animated Bumblebee is so much cooler. I like the cocky arrogant bots that mean well like Hot Rod, Cheetor and Hot Shot so i guess it's in my nature to like Bumblebee to some extent.

I'd love a smart ass Bumblebee a lot more than i hate the mute Bumblebee.

16. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We EXIST!

News Credits:
    He was a kid, and he did what kids do - stupid things that in retrospect are mistakes, that the older 'bots are unable to keep him from doing because he thinks he already knows everything. Just like most 'annoying' young people! :lol 

I did like that his rash decisions were used as a character builder for him, Bulkhead, Prowl, and Prime, instead of being laughed away or ignored as in most shows. And his comeuppances provided a lot of funny moments (king of those was Sentinel, tho, of course!).

--Moony

17. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    Yeah, Animated Bumblebee is my favourite Bumblebee. He was a good character, and Animated had a variety of characters.

18. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    Bumblebee was far from my favourite character in Animated, but I certainly didn't hate him. I didn't find him any more annoying than the storyline required. It worked for me.

I thought his character design was awesome, and his toys were great.

I loved stuff like that about Animated. Even Optimus drove the Constructicons away with his puritanical attitudes.

They weren't perfect, they screwed up, and sometimes when Decepticons had a grudge against them, it was with good cause. And I don't think any of the decepticons were as big an asshole as Sentinel was.

That doesn't mean the Autobots weren't the good guys, but if they'd always got it right, they would've been a much duller bunch.

19. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah I guess so. It was good how Animated didn't have a clear line between good and bad in the grand scheme of things.

20. badbotsarehot

badbotsarehot Aerialbot/Seeker

he wasn't my favourite TFA character either, but i did like Animated Bumblebee. i thought he had a lot of funny lines, and personally i liked the whole Sari-Bee relationship. Bee's never really been one of my fave characters in general, so i can't say which version is best...