Animated Autobots and flight

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Infosaur, Jan 4, 2008.

1. Infosaur

Infosaur Well-Known Member

After seeing the pilot a 2nd time, I've noticed that they're pretty explicit that only Decepticons can fly. (a very old G1 concept that got muddled along the way) the only exception so far being Prowl has some sort of jets venting from his shoulders, which are enough to allow him to fly short hops (and, being a motorcycle, is theoreticaly the lightest Autobot). Where as Starscream can not only fly with ease in both modes but can carry Optimus as well.

So,,,,,,,,

Assuming they will be included eventually,, what does this mean for Autobot flyers? They're still a decided minority, and Animated cast will be paired down so I'm not counting on Superion or Powerglide showing up.

But Jetfire? He's the most famous flying Autobot of all, and in some series he's had a prior relation ship with Starscream.

Could it be that Jetfire, when/if he shows up, might be a reformed Decepticon?!?

*spoiler code*

(BTW artwork for Dinobot Swoop has also leaked out so don't remind me, I know about that and don't spoil it for others)

2. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think he means that ALL Decepticons can fly just like G1, but Autobots have to either use some kind of device ( Prowl's jetpack) or get some kind of air alt-mode.

3. Nocturn

Nocturn Doesn't really use TFW

Seeing Reflector and Soundwave Flying around were the greatest...

4. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    isn't arcee rumored to be a jet?

5. ThunderZap

ThunderZap Well-Known Member

I think Optimus can fly too, the picture of prototype toy shown in botcon suggest that his axe turns into a jetpack

6. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    I remember seeing all the Autobots flying in more than meets the eye, and then asking my cousin later on why they lost the ability to fly.... :) 

7. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not even Primus can beat a flying camera!

8. Infosaur

Infosaur Well-Known Member

Ummmm yeah, I'm talking about exclusively cannon to the NEW Animated series.

Soundwave and Reflector and flying Autobots from G1 wouldn't be covered under this post.