Animated: Arrival #2 Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Tim Formas, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Tim Formas

Tim Formas Old Man Administrator

News Credits:
    This issue = :lol  :lol  :lol  :lol 

Absolutely loving this mini-series. While we aren't necessarily getting stories where there is a huge threat, the enjoyment factor is top notch.

Bumblebee with a University of Michigan emblem on his chest? Priceless.
    Starscream getting made up by Professor Princess and then having his eyes pop out when seeing himself? I don't remember the last time I laughed that hard at a comic.

Although short, this issue really just felt additiona Animated episodes. It has the same feel (figures, considering Marty is writing it) and you can really hear the character voices inside your head (either that or I'm crazy as a loon).

I can't wait for Issue #3 next month and...Oil Slick!

2. ZacWilliam

ZacWilliam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, this was a really fun issue.
    #1 felt too choppy to me in the way it weaved around the cartoon, but this: 2 fun self contained stories that feel like they fit the cartoon were just what the doctor ordered. I loved the Wraith, Bumblebee showing school-spirit and I can't wait to see Oil Slick in action. Coolness all around

3. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    NOW I know where Starscream's female clone comes from. :lolol :lolol  Great issue!

4. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Yeah it was a fun issue.

5. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    The backup story had me laughing out loud. SO funny.

Main story was great too. For one of the DVDs, the Starscream backup NEEDS to be animated though. It would make for an AWESOME hilarious extra.

6. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    ROFL

i enjoyed the backup story FAR more than the "real" story of the issue

4 pages of TFA-style brilliance!

my hats off to Marty and Marcelo. Really was a fun little romp for 4 pages

7. Reflector Unit

Reflector Unit Cameracon

Issue 1 really had me let down, with it's constant speeding through to quickly, it was fragmented and disorganized to me. This one felt more solid in it's story, and I found myslef actually HEARING the characters as I read. I can't say Wraith as a character really works for me (did he REALLY think, with his cover blown, that anyone in the stadium would buy that schtick? And the fact that they DID buy it just had me facepalming at the kind of lamebrains that must inhabit TFA's Detroit).

But the back-up story...who woulda thunk that Professor Princess would have had such an integral role in the series? Without her, Starscream never would gotten out of stasis lock, so no one woulda been there to repair Lugnut and Blitzwing...means no one is around to get the Key and restore Megatron. We owe all of the Season 2 to PP! Blows my mind.

8. Optimus

Optimus Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I think it was more that they knew he was tech saavy since he used holographic equipment and figured he found a way to disable the Autobots and possibly other machines going wild.

9. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    I liked this one too, except for the Professor Princess bit. I'm sorry, I'll NEVER get used to her, she's way too over the top. At least we know where Starscream went after the opening three-parter, though.

And the Wraith story was great. I always HAD wondered why we never saw any human superheroes around... Though, if all he was was a holographic projection, then how the heck did he ever actually CATCH any bad guys?

10. Optimus

Optimus Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    By using fear to back them into a corner so the police could arrest them.