Animated Arcee

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by KAGE, Mar 11, 2010.

1. KAGE

KAGE aka: GibsonKAGE

News Credits:
    So word is that there is a problem with Animated Arcee hands. When you put the sword in them that stress marks will appear.

Some say that instead of 'front loading' the swords you have to put them in from the top like a 'peg'.

Problem is that my Arcee seemed to already have stress marks from the peg her hands snap into in vehicle mode. I also heard that 'top-loading' the swords don't really help all to much either.

I just want to know if anyone else is having this problem?

2. Omega Jolt

Omega Jolt Hunter

Absolutely! It's because they made the figure out of that danged sparkly plastic too! The sparkle flakes weaken the bonding.

Though that's neither here nor there.

There really is no good fix for this one that I've heard of yet but after getting mine the other day I came up with some solutions I would at least consider to be passable.

You mentioned the car mode and that's the one that caused marks on mine too, I dare not place the swords in the hands. >_>

[​IMG]

When you convert her into car mode you can angle the hands up so that they sit above the pegs and below the spoiler (which keeps them hidden for the most part) and while it does mean that the cockpit doesn't sit quite right it's still mostly the same as seen in the picture.

The only way to use the swords that guarantees no damage is to have Arcee grip it by the part of the blade just above the handle. It's not perfect, but it does prevent damage. Trying to fit the hilt pretty much assures breakage.

On a side note my Arcee is starting to have marks appear at the top of the shoulder joint, is that also common or is this a unique new bucket of fun?

This whole Arcee craze is like Easter egg hunting with Faberge eggs; eventually they all get broken. >_>

3. Repugnus

Repugnus ActionMaster

News Credits:
    Honestly, the only "fix" I've seen is a combination of luck and prevention. When I finally found Arcee, there were two and the store, and when I looked over 'em, I noticed that one had her hands improperly placed in vehicle mode so that they weren't secured on the pegs. I snagged that one, and voila, no stress marks! Unfortulately, that also means I haven't ever put her swords in her hands, but I may try Omega Jolt's suggestion...

4. kamuix

kamuix weeeeee

yeah i just got the stress marks on the hands too. there is a thread floating around and one in the feed back section also. it's weird as it never showed up before until now. i turned her into vehicle mode than back to robot and never noticed the stress marks. now i do. i haven't seen any on the shoulder joint and i hope i won't down the road either.

5. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just noticed my Arcee had stress marks and i've never placed the Swords or anything else inside her hands

6. KAGE

KAGE aka: GibsonKAGE

News Credits:
    I notice the stress is most with the swords and not so much the peg. But after hearing all this, I don't think I'll be using the swords anymore.

Hope I can find another Arcee so I can do a hand swap.

7. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    The stress marks are actually caused by those vehicle mode pegs, not the swords.

8. chugway

chugway ming mong ping pong

reckon the takara mold will fix this issue?

9. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    No.

Mine had stress marks fresh out of the box. leading me to believe that folding away the back panels without first removing the hands from the pegs is what causes the stress marks.

anyways, I shaved down the sides of the sword handles so they sit in her hands a bit loose, and I filed down the pegs her hands hold in car mode. I also always make sure to unpeg her hands from those parts before folding them back.

10. SoundMaster

SoundMaster Likes RID Bulkhead.

News Credits:
    I haven't had any problems top loading the swords. Although, I'm still scared of mine breaking,due to the fact that there was a BIG stress mark on the inside of her left thumb right out of the box.

11. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, i am getting a japanese arcee so, maybe the Shinto Powers That Be will smile upon me and just give me a good figure.

i would be willing to shave and repaint the hilts so i can have her battle ready. that doesn't bother me.

i am just relieved that she isn't a floopy mess like TFU Galvy.

12. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    Get this man a cookie. This is more than likely the reason for the stress marks from what I gather studying mine.

13. kamuix

kamuix weeeeee

yeah those pegs are pretty huge, maybe someone could try trimming them a bit.