Animated Arcee QC issue.. This is getting ridiculous!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by BigBadBoombox, Feb 19, 2010.

1. BigBadBoombox

BigBadBoombox Boombox Cakes superior!

So I finally got myself a Animated Arcee tonight thanks to Optimus Scourge, but when i got the figure home and transformed to alt mode I noticed a major QC flaw!

The round mid hip connector that snaps her lower leg into place was....well gone. More aptly the top part where there is a hole that the peg slides in. It locks in but there is a major issue with nonexsistent plastic and a gaping hole in her leg. I need to take pics but wanted to see if this has happened to anyone else.

On another note, i'd like to know what the hell is happening with QC recently. I know hasbro is supposed to be moving their production lines to Veitnam, but all i'm seeing lately is crappy products being hustled out the door and the bottom line for hasbro going up?

Needless to say this is the 5th QC figure problem i've had in the last 2 months now/ I fortunetly work at a Marketing Firm and have about 95% of Hasbro's corporate office mapped out complete with email and phone numbers. I will be calling and seeing what they have to say, as this is getting asinine. I don't need to be buying hard to get exclusive toys only to have POS hitting the floors making "mint" toys impossible to find.

Not trying to flame here or anything, I figure I'm just a consumer and I have a right to have my money be spent on what I paid for.

Edit-Added photo for clarification
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 19, 2010
  2. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    At least she came with both hands. My Lockdown didn't have any. =P

3. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    It's Animated.

4. NothingHead

NothingHead Well-Known Member

That's so weird! But the leg is attached, right? I don't even understand how that could happen. Damage, missing parts, defects, yeah. But a bizarre, perfectly molded aberrant component? Crazy.

5. mineraljane

mineraljane Gravity Hugger

News Credits:
    It doesn't look broken, from the picture, just molded incorrectly. If that is the case, then that is very, very odd. This is your fifth issue recently? I honestly don't ever remember having a problem, but if my Arcee arrives damaged I am definitely going to be irritated (to say the least).

That's really helpful.

6. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    it's called a short shot, usually occurring when a mold is too cool for the plastic or not enough plastic makes it in, not a common thing though, one out of 1000 parts may get formed this way, and most will be noticed right away...like this should have been

7. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's... bizarre.

8. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mint Transformers are becoming chase figure or Lucky Draws lately. QC is the reason why I haven't bought any TFs. The last TF I bought was MP Skywarp and he's staying MISB. Every other figure I was buying had a QC problem especially ROTF and Animated figures. Sorry to hear about your Arcee.

9. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My first classics Sunstreaker I bought had a foot that was messed up like that.

10. NothingHead

NothingHead Well-Known Member

Gotta agree. Those are razor-sharp observational skills, right?

Anyway, I buy tons of Transformers. Tons. Is it weird that, other than the odd misaligned paint app, I've never had a single QC issue? Twenty years worth of toy purchases, and while every single McFarlane toy I've bought shatters like glass if you stare at it too hard, my Transformers are all rock-solid..

11. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    That sucks man... The worst QC issue I have is the TFTM "Final Stand" Longarm + BB which I got MISB. The Mikaela figure inside Longarm has no head!

12. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow you found the rare damaged leg version from the episode where Ratchet has to fix it.

Seriously, I feel your pain. I returned a SWTF Captain Rex to Target last night due to it having 2 left hands. I've been seeing around 1 Bad QC toy in 20 of what I've bought (which is a lot) in the last 3 years.

And Takara has an even worse record with me as I've seen 1 Bad QC toy in 12 of what I've bought in the same time frame. This hurts more as I can't return it and they usually cost quite a bit more. (my most recent was the Blue Alternity Megs which has a part in it's chest that won't let me lower the waist tab into the groin. which sounds real painful as I type it.)

13. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

No, that's not weird at all. I've only ever had one personal experience of the like with one figure ever- my FLCL Canti has two right arms, and the left right arm even has the proper left hand. Only one ever.

I never complained after the initial "aw... crap" moment. And certainly no "bah!!!1! shtu-pid [big name toy manufacturer], I got a 1 in a thousand defect. GAHHHHrrrrgghhh!!!!1!1!!" followed by more irate incomprehensibles.

I've always kept my head about what I was doing. You're buying a mass produced toy. One in a production run of tens of thousands. And not a single one of them is going to be 100% perfect. The degree of imperfection is the only variable.

14. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I got a Bludgeon with a mis-molded hand. It actually makes it easier to place or remove the sword from that hand.

I've run into the occasional QC issue, but it's a pretty rare thing. With the frequency of problems you hear about from some though, I've concluded they're either extremely unlucky or extremely picky.

15. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    ...in inclined to wonder if this is precisely becasue it's a store exclusive.
    Doesn't Ratchet have a problem or two as well?

And the G1 character in your avatar isn't as articulated as the drawing would suggest.

16. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:

well that's interesting but does it still hold the leg in place...

17. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    ^ In his second paragraph he says it locks in. I think he is just complaining of the cosmetics of it as well he should.

18. Ceerad

Ceerad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Man, I guess I've been lucky, the only QC issues I've run into in 20+years are a bad peg on Classics Ramjet small flip wing piece and 2 of the same upper arm on Classics Sideswipe.

19. BigBadBoombox

Yeah, sorry would have responded faster, gmail apparently blacklisted my subscribed threads.

Yes it locks in, but when I separated it, there is missing plastic for the ring mold as well, it's like someone nuked it and just stuck it on. it's looser than some girls i've dated though. I just want some damn accountability on Hasbro's part. They should be catching these QC's. Think about it. If they can't catch a bunch of glaring molding errors and throw them back into the smelters, what happens with more subtle things.....say LEAD Paint.

I know hasbro trolls this site from time to time and I hope they see this. I do hold 10 shares of their stock, so I'm going to have my damn say.

20. BigBadBoombox

Oh okay so I printed out a list of 94 contacts at hasbro corporate. I'm wondering which of these folks would be the best to call/email.

VP of Product Design
    Sr. Director of Shopper Insight ( I really would love to give them my insight...)
    SVP of Supply Chain ( they handle distribution)
    VP of US Marketing
    Director of Brand Presentation
    Director of Global Consumer Insight

Sound off. I have emails and phone numbers for all these guys so help me out, who would be the best person to call and bring this up to?